Why was it never denied?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
10/28/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
Just look at how much proof is needed in a legal court case. Stromy Daniels deformation case against Trump was dismissed, and she is now having to pay back Trumps legal fees. Deformation is so hard to prove, and i see ZERO evidence of it in this entire thread. If you want to see deformation, Carter Page has a 100% signed, sealed, and delivered case. He will win.

What you have here is at most hear say, and thats about it.
I am not taking him to court I reported him to Blizzard as a violation of their code of conduct which obviously not enough people who post here read. He most certainly met the requirements of their standard:

Harassing or Defamatory
This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
10/28/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Ashislashi
10/28/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Shmorg
When the 1.7 million sub was published the addon author was bullied into changing his post and the original post was deleted but more telling was that blizz never explicitly denied the allegation.

Also the method that was used to determine this number was removed. Now that is more telling than the fact that lots of folks are saying their guilds are shrinking and friend's lists are non-existent.

Ok. so they cant deny without lying to stockholders (so its claimed).
and they cant confirm without possibly causing a panic and maybe causing a selloff.
Im sure you can see why they might just be intelligent enough to keep their mouths shut?

They are also keeping their mouths shut over the COD:BO4 disaster. Actiblizz is not having the greatest last 6 months of 2018 at all.
bullied

I don't think you know what the word means, chief.
10/28/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Solarwynds
Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

In what fashion does discussing it and expressing my opinion harassment? It is not. You are just determined to shut down open communication. No one has provided anything official from blizz that would refute my assumptions.
OP you're a troll. This is a dead issue and yes, Blizz most definitely did deny it. Just go away.
<span class="truncated">...</span>To answer the question of why I don't want to discuss it, you've put words in my mouth. Obviously I am discussing it. Otherwise i would have reported you without posting.

For your claim that you have not violated CoC, you are wrong. Deformation is definitely a violation. And since you seem to think you haven't attempted to defame blizzard, here are the examples of your defamation and the definition of the word.

When the 1.7 million sub was published the addon author was bullied into changing his post
The api was removed because they didn't want the results replicated.

de·fam·a·to·ry
/dəˈfaməˌtôrē/Submit
adjective
(of remarks, writing, etc.) damaging the good reputation of someone; slanderous or libelous.

Does not even remotely apply. Just look at how much proof is needed in a legal court case. Stromy Daniels deformation case against Trump was dismissed, and she is now having to pay back Trumps legal fees. Deformation is so hard to prove, and i see ZERO evidence of it in this entire thread. If you want to see deformation, Carter Page has a 100% signed, sealed, and delivered case. He will win.

Carter Page tried this exact thing a few months ago against "teh media" for the same exact statements.

Here is how it went:

"Judge throws out Carter Page defamation lawsuit"

Surely the next one will be a clear win.
Bellular came up with around 2.5million when he discussed this. Based on max level toons off of realm pop and an informal survey of how many max levels people have. I would guess it's in the ball park.
10/28/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Macällän
How fast blizzard jumped to stomp it out makes me think while maybe it was'nt 100% accurate...it was close enough to make them panic.

Realm pop shows similar information.

Not remotely accurate either. People really need to let this whole sub numbers obsession go.

I don't run realmpop. I don't know anyone on my flist who does.

These addons aren't accurate. They can't be, because not everyone uses them.
10/28/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Shmorg

In what fashion does discussing it and expressing my opinion harassment? It is not. You are just determined to shut down open communication. No one has provided anything official from blizz that would refute my assumptions.
You skipped over defamatory. Saying they bullied people and making factual statements that imply a cover-up without any evidence to back up your statements meets the definition Blizzard gives in their code of conduct.

I recognize the fact that there is a slim chance of this thread going away today since its Sunday and it is widely known that Sunday is a low moderation day. Twice you have claimed that I am attempting to shut down discussion. You probably think that is a reasonable conclusion as well despite the fact that I have already said I am not and there is ample evidence to say your thread will remain open for the remainder of the day at least. Given that, there is no point in anyone including Blizzard to deny anything to you. You will continue to believe as you will.

I have reported and now it is in Blizzard's hands. I trust them and can live with whatever decision they make in regards to my report.
I wonder if GW2, ESO, FFXIV and every other mmo have fans obsessed with sub loss and how the games are dying?
lmao, the forum police in force today
Solarwynds, the optics here suggest you're more guilty of harassment than the subject of your contempt at this stage.

I'm very happy, that you, as self-appointed arbiter, are keeping the forums safe from opinions you find unsavory.
10/28/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Mardela
I wonder if GW2, ESO, FFXIV and every other mmo have fans obsessed with sub loss and how the games are dying?
Maybe people are “obsessed” with it because they love the game and don’t want to see it die?

Nah, that’s crazy talk, they obviously hate it with a passion. No other explanation.
10/28/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Solarwynds
When the 1.7 million sub was published the addon author was bullied into changing his post and the original post was deleted but more telling was that blizz never explicitly denied the allegation.

Also the method that was used to determine this number was removed. Now that is more telling than the fact that lots of folks are saying their guilds are shrinking and friend's lists are non-existent.
Before I report this thread as defamatory, I just wanted to point out to you that you have no evidence that Blizzard "bullied" anyone. If the WA developer felt bullied he would certainly have indicated that imo.

In addition to that, there was nothing nefarious about removing the api. It was a security issue. No one should be able to get detailed sub information from an api. They would have removed it even if there were 20 million people subbed.

Enjoy the vacation that you will be getting within the next couple of days.

if he was bullied he would not have said jack !@#$. That addon is HUGE in wow and while they make no direct money from the addon they make money from ads and other streams indirectly.

If my ONLY source of money called and said to reign in the BS...I would reign is the BS and not say Jack or %^-* about it.

Find a real hobby bud. You'll be better for it.
10/28/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Mardela

I'm not obsessed with anything but facts. In the absence of any information from blizzard I am left to make assumptions which may or may not be true. I have played since 2005 and I have every desire to see the game grow to 12 million again.

I am disappointed and frustrated with the quality of wod - bfa. I would be reassured to see blizzard deny it with facts and better quality control instead of the decaying quality we are all experiencing.
10/28/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Rhay
Solarwynds, the optics here suggest you're more guilty of harassment than the subject of your contempt at this stage.

I'm very happy, that you, as self-appointed arbiter, are keeping the forums safe from opinions you find unsavory.
Optics refers to public opinion and as such I agree with you that there are more people here that disagree with me than agree. However, public opinion means little when weighed against the fact that according to the code of conduct "insultingly referring to Blizzard" is defamatory. As for harassment, I guess it could be interpreted that way when I continue to answer the questions OP poses to me without changing my stance that he violated. Another thing that will be up to blizzard to make the final decision about.

I am not a self-appointed arbiter however. Every single poster has been "appointed" by Blizzard with the report option. It is true that I do not share OP's opinion but what I truly find unsavory is the insinuations made on a Sunday where there will be little to no repercussions. And that, imo, is the fault of blizzard employees. But again, I can only do my part and then leave it to them.
Just look at how much proof is needed in a legal court case. Stromy Daniels deformation case against Trump was dismissed, and she is now having to pay back Trumps legal fees. Deformation is so hard to prove, and i see ZERO evidence of it in this entire thread. If you want to see deformation, Carter Page has a 100% signed, sealed, and delivered case. He will win.

I am not taking him to court I reported him to Blizzard as a violation of their code of conduct which obviously not enough people who post here read. He most certainly met the requirements of their standard:

Harassing or Defamatory
This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

The original post was not against ToS. You are just upset. Typical Sunday post.
10/28/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Shmorg
I'm not obsessed with anything but facts. In the absence of any information from blizzard I am left to make assumptions which may or may not be true.

Well, that's kind of an interesting dichotomy.

You want facts, but you'll freely buy into the conspiracy theory of the week.

The facts are that the person who posted the information declared the results inaccurate. Blizzard asked the poster to pull the information down because it was inaccurate. Everything else is window dressing.
Blizz already came out and said that the 1.7 figure is incorrect.

It's probably 1.6.