Kaldorei Raise Your Hand!

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
10/30/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Orravar
I’d wager that they have about as much free will as the other two have.

From the Horde quest "Dark Ranger Round-up"
Nathanos:
These night elf ambushes have left us undermanned. We need reinforcements if we are to hold Darkshore. Brynja, one of the Dark Lady's val'kyr, can provide us with those reinforcements. Slay the night elves and command her to raise the willing ones into our service. ...Did I not make myself clear? Go. The Dark Lady has plans for these Dark Rangers.
See? Turns out all those people fighting to the death to defend their homeland were actually eager to serve The Dark Waifu.
uugggh

Y’all say hi to Azshara for me.
10/30/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Zhiifang
Wait what happens?
I stopped looking stuff up cus I just kept getting disappointed.

Sylvanas has internment camps set up in Darkshore for Night Elf "survivors" that are used for Target Practice and experiments. When the Alliance Warfront comes to liberate Darkshore, Nathanos orders the Horde player to kill all the inhabitants of the internment camps are use a Val'kyr to - and I quote - "Raise the Willing".
10/30/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Vanndrel
10/30/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Zhiifang
Wait what happens?
I stopped looking stuff up cus I just kept getting disappointed.

Sylvanas has internment camps set up in Darkshore for Night Elf "survivors" that are used for Target Practice and experiments. When the Alliance Warfront comes to liberate Darkshore, Nathanos orders the Horde player to kill all the inhabitants of the internment camps are use a Val'kyr to - and I quote - "Raise the Willing".

...WHAT?! What? No...are you joking?
Who is writing this? I truly do not even know where to start now with that. At this point I honestly think that Blizzards best bet at saving the game is to retcon BfA, maybe not completely but a lot
At this point, it's more morally ambiguous to join the Legion in New Vegas than to play as the Horde in BfA.

But it's okay. Baine is going to write a strongly worded letter in opposition to this practice.
10/30/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Vanndrel
I cannot state emphatically enough how much this offends and repulses me. This isn't just bad writing anymore. Bad writing is Metzen having to constantly remind the team during Vanilla development that the Forsaken were not the same as the scourge because they kept writing quests like they were. Bad writing is in Cata, years later people still not getting that memo and writing Kirin Tor mages as joining up as soon as they die, and having to issue a blue post explaining how that memo was lost and those NPCs weren't canon.

This isn't bad writing anymore. This is legit someone working at Blizzard writing that the victims of atrocities, abuse, torture, freaking murder would willingly join their tormentor and participate in the abuse and murder of their families. Someone at Blizzard believes this is relatable. This is a thing I can not reconcile with. Someone was HIRED by Blizzard to write this garbage, and it was committed to a final product that they are selling to people. There is someone at Blizzard I actually hate.
10/30/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Lissarra
But naw they just decided that Elune was a lie. I guess atheism is a prerequisite to becoming undead.

"Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist Kaldorei who greatly values their intelligence and undeadific fact over any silly fictional goddess written over 10,000 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony goddess' blessing. But because, I am enlightened by Sylvanas.'" *tips ears* - Undead Kaldorei, probably.
M'eluney.
It took way too long for a night elf death knight to post on this thread.

I rolled Moonedge out of spite recently. And because I needed an Alliance death knight.
10/30/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Vanndrel
At this point, it's more morally ambiguous to join the Legion in New Vegas than to play as the Horde in BfA.

But it's okay. Baine is going to write a strongly worded letter in opposition to this practice.

Ugh. The fact this is true upsets me.

I hate the Legion.

For me, I'm just waiting for the "Death camps - are they really that big a deal?" thread.
10/30/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Opherial
"Death camps - are they really that big a deal?"
Clearly the answer is a big no. Their own "victims" (I mean honestly people let's be real, can we even call them that?) condone them, in fact! I like to think of them as "Ways to make more fans of the Horde because they're just such rad fellas." camps.
It is worth noting that this isn't new. Basically all of Silverpine's questline goes through this same thing, and I remember thinking how weird it was when we raised all those magi in Ambermill. It's just sort of... how the Forsaken have worked since Cataclysm.

It's weird and you have to do mental gymnastics to rationalize it, but at least you can spin your head enough to justify it, unlike a certain squad in Vol'dun.
10/30/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Vanndrel

Ugh. The fact this is true upsets me.

I hate the Legion.

For me, I'm just waiting for the "Death camps - are they really that big a deal?" thread.

THREADS*. I'm sure.

Also why wait? I'm sure that'll be a topic in this thread by page 4.

edited to add: I should have hit submit faster. lmao

but taurajo
10/30/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Loranaris
It's weird and you have to do mental gymnastics to rationalize it, but at least you can spin your head enough to justify it, unlike a certain squad in Vol'dun.
Please. Justify genocide, death squads, internment camps, and converting your torture victims into willing participants in the continued slaughter of their people. Go on.

It's apparently much easier for you to fathom that than the Alliance putting down totems to spook allies of their enemies so this should be a short reply.
10/30/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Loranaris

So...in your mind, burning property is unjustifiable, but death camps to create undead soldiers isn't?
*evil Gul'dan voice*
Bravo writers of warcraft....bravo.
You've destroyed Alliance morale far greater then I ever could have.
In fairness they might have missed the update to the "purge squads."

Also in fairness, I'm sad someone decided to like your comment that with enough mental gymnastics, you can justify murder-and-experiment-on-prisoners camps, and so I'd really like to hear it.

Please. Proceed.

Because again, the whole reason for this war was Sylvanas was convinced of the frothing intolerance of the Alliance.

you've destroyed Alliance morale far greater then I ever could have.

Alliance morale is fine. They're not the ones with the Unit 731 and Actual Death Camp narratives in their "We're not gonna Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 you" faction.
10/30/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Opherial
Because again, the whole reason for this war was Sylvanas was convinced of the frothing intolerance of the Alliance.

That's just what Sylvanas said to people. She started the war because she wants to kill everyone and take their stuff, because Blizzard no longer bothers writing actual character motivations beyond the most generic archetypes.
"Alliance bigotry" hasn't made sense as a motivation for the Horde since WC3. At no point have they ever expressed an interest in the Horde beyond keeping them from killing themselves and everyone else around them.

It makes even less sense when you consider the Horde is currently in the midst of its fourth racially-motivated genocidal war.
10/30/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Enekie
"Alliance bigotry" hasn't made sense as a motivation for the Horde since WC3. At no point have they ever expressed an interest in the Horde beyond keeping them from killing themselves and everyone else around them.

It makes even less sense when you consider the Horde is currently in the midst of its fourth racially-motivated genocidal war.

The Alliance is too rigid and strict... Says the literal dictatorship with all the power in the hands of the supreme leader about the loose coalition of independent member states (including the only democracy in the game) who pool military resources. Sometimes.