Kaldorei Raise Your Hand!

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 4 5 6
11/08/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Enekie
Varian inexplicably let the Horde off with no punishment

I mean he explained why. He thought that those who had fought against Garrosh's tyranny deserved the chance to make the Horde something new.

Given what's happened in BFA though, it'll be total BS if it ends that way again.
11/08/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Sarestha
11/08/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Enekie
Varian inexplicably let the Horde off with no punishment

I mean he explained why. He thought that those who had fought against Garrosh's tyranny deserved the chance to make the Horde something new.

Given what's happened in BFA though, it'll be total BS if it ends that way again.
This time the Horde will get away because Anduin is too busy swooning over Saurfang's honor to stop him form leaving to rebuild the horde warmachine.
11/08/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Kazimor
This time the Horde will get away because Anduin is too busy swooning over Saurfang's honor to stop him form leaving to rebuild the horde warmachine.

*SNORT*

Would not surprise me.

This game that we play... xD

Ahh, bloody hell. I'd prefer not to be quite so pessimistic about the way this story is going to end, because it's starting to become a struggle for me to enjoy this game at all because it's becoming harder and harder to actually immerse myself in the world. Too much is happening and too many characters are suddenly being vastly contradictory to their previous incarnations, big tragedies lack any real impact because they're never really utilized in a meaningful way, hell even when we're supposed to believe that certain factions/armies/groups are on their last legs, it's never really...written in such a way that you'd know that without actually paying attention to outside material as well.

If I'm supposed to believe that we're going to war again, shouldn't it be shown as two exhausted factions having a really hard time actually mobilizing armies against each other? Lack of morale, traumas from a literal demon apocalypse... that kind of thing? No?

*SMH*
It's just ridiculous at this point, I think, and that for me at least, is one of the things that makes it hardest to really want to pay attention to the major story. It's why I've been pretty much just keeping as far from it as I can, because to acknowledge it means having to put up with a story I recognize to be flawed not just because of it's writing, but it's -timing- as well.

It's why I want so badly for this to be some Dreadlord's act of final vengeance, or N'zoth stirring !@#$. Or maybe Helya doing some nasty business using Sylv like a puppet. It'd be perfectly within reason for the forces of Azeroth to be manipulated into killing each other; especially if a Dreadlord's doing the deed, which has been noted in lore and I believe has been shown a few times too.

Yeah, it's a cop-out but ...I'd accept it. At least then there's a nice explanation for why the Horde are suddenly so horrible despite supposedly being about 'freedom' and 'honor'.
If this expansion doesn't end with Anduin and Saurfang making out, I want my $50 back.
Saurfang dies in 5.1, but only Anduin knows, and so he tries to Weekend-At-Bernie's a revolution amongst the Horde with the orc's body.
11/08/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Enekie
Saurfang dies in 5.1, but only Anduin knows, and so he tries to Weekend-At-Bernie's a revolution amongst the Horde with the orc's body.

*Sub numbers suddenly shoot through the roof*
11/08/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Enekie

Do we know whether Priest Mind Control CANT do that in lore? Anduin DID put the full whammy on members of the Alliance's elite spy corps during MoP, while simply a punk kid.
11/08/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Duskharrow
Anduin DID put the full whammy on members of the Alliance's elite spy corps during MoP, while simply a punk kid.

Anduin is
a punk rocker
Anduin is
a punk rocker!
Anduin is
a punk rocker noooooooooow
10/30/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Serevèn
10/30/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Vanndrel
Sylvanas has internment camps set up in Darkshore for Night Elf "survivors" that are used for Target Practice and experiments. When the Alliance Warfront comes to liberate Darkshore, Nathanos orders the Horde player to kill all the inhabitants of the internment camps are use a Val'kyr to - and I quote - "Raise the Willing".
I cannot state emphatically enough how much this offends and repulses me. This isn't just bad writing anymore. Bad writing is Metzen having to constantly remind the team during Vanilla development that the Forsaken were not the same as the scourge because they kept writing quests like they were. Bad writing is in Cata, years later people still not getting that memo and writing Kirin Tor mages as joining up as soon as they die, and having to issue a blue post explaining how that memo was lost and those NPCs weren't canon.

This isn't bad writing anymore. This is legit someone working at Blizzard writing that the victims of atrocities, abuse, torture, freaking murder would willingly join their tormentor and participate in the abuse and murder of their families. Someone at Blizzard believes this is relatable. This is a thing I can not reconcile with. Someone was HIRED by Blizzard to write this garbage, and it was committed to a final product that they are selling to people. There is someone at Blizzard I actually hate.

Agreed.
This isn't bad writing anymore. This is legit someone working at Blizzard writing that the victims of atrocities, abuse, torture, freaking murder would willingly join their tormentor and participate in the abuse and murder of their families.

not to go into autistic historical discussion but conquered and abused peoples have a very long history of joining their occupiers' military

when one society is destroyed you join the stronger one that is willing to accept you, it happened with Russians during WW2, Polish during WW1, Colonial Africans during 1800s, etc.

i dont think the night elves becoming forsaken and joining sylvanas is as much the matter of controversy here as it is how cloudy the methods being used are obscure and vague and lacking proper detail

edit: so the scenario is not so odd in real life, but in WoW i do not know, specifically in the case of NEs
Some of you need to take a step back and calm the heck down.

This stuff isn't offensive. It's just poor writing. Some of you are literally acting like the writer(s) responsible for 8.1 are clubbing children in front of their own mothers or something.