More Abilities

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
It should be clear by this point that players don't like pruning, players don't like being stripped of abilities they used to have. So, can we please go the other way and get more abilities instead of losing them?

If I remember correctly, Rogues were given back Shroud of Concealment in the middle of Legion (don't remember if other classes got some skills back too), so is it possible to give other classes some skills they used to have, pretty please?

I miss Alter Time, Deep Freeze, Blazing Speed. I miss Major Glyphs. I miss the Reforge System. I miss having expectations for what new stuff I would get coming a new expansion, instead of dreading what I would lose. I miss having meaningful choices.
For real. While I appreciated getting Shroud back, it didn’t do much to make rogues fun again. Rogue has been my main since I started playing one BC, seeing what they’ve become since Legion is truly appalling. I’m disgusted by the state of sub rogue design in particular. They took a wonderfully designed spec that was fun and nuanced, with a high skill ceiling and just gutted it to the very core. That’s also my core they gutted. Redesigning sub like that shows they have no respect for those that loved the class.

Sub isn’t alone in this either, all classes have some version of this. It’s time for the devs to add fun, depth, and skill ceilings back to classes. It’s okay that it takes people some time to master their class. It’s okay that some people never do. I’d have been much happier if they told people to take buttons off their bars if they didn’t want to use them and left our buttons for us to use. The choice to learn how to play has been stripped away from us, the choice to play the way we want has been stripped away. Please give us meaningful gameplay and meaningful choices again. I’m begging you, take my money, I want to give you my money, please make classes fun again.
10/30/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Aniki
For real. While I appreciated getting Shroud back, it didn’t do much to make rogues fun again. Rogue has been my main since I started playing one BC, seeing what they’ve become since Legion is truly appalling. I’m disgusted by the state of sub rogue design in particular. They took a wonderfully designed spec that was fun and nuanced, with a high skill ceiling and just gutted it to the very core. That’s also my core they gutted. Redesigning sub like that shows they have no respect for those that loved the class.

I understand and agree with what you said, but me citing the Shroud example was just to justify that Blizzard has no motive to wait for the next Expansion or a later Patch (later than 8.1) in order to give us back some of the abilities we already had before the pruning.
Not only did Subtlety change in a negative direction for some people, Arcane changed in a negative direction with BfA where our burn phase only consists of casting Arcane Blast within Rune of Power and Arcane Power, and our AoE rotation does not change between burn and conserve phases.

Arcane Missiles is there but it has lost nearly 100% of it's thought and identity in BfA due to being made to be able to be channeled on demand and losing the ability to stack the proc up to 3 times and unleash a torrent of Arcane Missiles at your enemies; they now feel slow and weak. There is absolutely no reward in how you use Arcane Missiles in a PvE setting and you are simply better off using Arcane Blast to burst a target down, this is bland and uninteresting to do or to watch.

Couple that with losing Mark of Aluneth, and Supernova and Nether Tempest being too weak to take over the other talents they compete with and you have a spec that is boiled down to absolute simpleness.
they can prune resto shaman i have too many abilities to click to the point where i sometimes don't have the GCD's to click them all lmao
10/30/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Ravenfell
10/30/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Aniki

I understand and agree with what you said, but me citing the Shroud example was just to justify that Blizzard has no motive to wait for the next Expansion or a later Patch (later than 8.1) in order to give us back some of the abilities we already had before the pruning.

Oh absolutely. They can do better, we know they can do better, they know they can do better. They should be finding every excuse they can to give each class abilities back.
10/30/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Failedwizard
Not only did Subtlety change in a negative direction for some people, Arcane changed in a negative direction with BfA where our burn phase only consists of casting Arcane Blast within Rune of Power and Arcane Power, and our AoE rotation does not change between burn and conserve phases.

Arcane Missiles is there but it has lost nearly 100% of it's thought and identity in BfA due to being made to be able to be channeled on demand and losing the ability to stack the proc up to 3 times and unleash a torrent of Arcane Missiles at your enemies; they now feel slow and weak. There is absolutely no reward in how you use Arcane Missiles in a PvE setting and you are simply better off using Arcane Blast to burst a target down, this is bland and uninteresting to do or to watch.

Couple that with losing Mark of Aluneth, and Supernova and Nether Tempest being too weak to take over the other talents they compete with and you have a spec that is boiled down to absolute simpleness.

Absolutely. I've said it before in the mage forums: arcane is the spec that needs more buttons the most, desperately. 80% of your DPS coming from your "filler" spell is absolute madness. How did they think this was good?

I've also said that Arcane's thematic and fantasy give enough room for the most interesting and flashiest spell ideas in the game, but we are still stuck with a boring spell that has little to no visual effect for the majority of what we do. There is enough room for just about anything when it comes to Arcane spells. Time and Space manipulation, cosmic powers, reality bending, whatever you can imagine, Arcane can do it.

Please, just give us something. Every class, not just mage. Everyone needs more buttons and every class needs more depth.
10/30/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Ravenfell
It should be clear by this point that players don't like pruning, players don't like being stripped of abilities they used to have. So, can we please go the other way and get more abilities instead of losing them?

If I remember correctly, Rogues were given back Shroud of Concealment in the middle of Legion (don't remember if other classes got some skills back too), so is it possible to give other classes some skills they used to have, pretty please?

I miss Alter Time, Deep Freeze, Blazing Speed. I miss Major Glyphs. I miss the Reforge System. I miss having expectations for what new stuff I would get coming a new expansion, instead of dreading what I would lose. I miss having meaningful choices.

Alter time was awesome!
I miss having auras to buff my party with. It really makes me feel like a paladin when I go into combat with others and I just radiate power to my allies.

On my druid I miss treants as they were in mop/wod. Being able to summon little tree allies as any spec was so druid! I miss faerie fire as a tool to pull ranged mobs while tanking. I miss baseline thorns, and being able to buff random players or my raid with thorns and mark of the wild. I also miss having a complete baseline spellbook of caster spells, healing spells, and animal form abilities without having to talent into an affinity.
So you're saying you want to 2 shot people instead of one?

Balance in the game is most important thing to address.

Vendors