Lost Honor make the Alliance look weak

General Discussion
An Orc trying to separate the races of the Horde into a "true horde"... where i see that before? hmmm...
11/02/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Cartis
Oh my gosh, can you guys just enjoy something without rioting for once? I feel like this reaction happen with every new development. Everyone's a critic. >.>

At this point, people have built up their entire WoW identity into hating it. It really doesn't matter what the plot is any more or anything else for that matter. They've been making fun of it for so long, they can't go back, nor do they want to. They find nerd rage too fun and trolling Blizzard and the fans even more fun.

Oh I know. Believe me, I've seen this same cycle repeat every expansion for ages now. BfA is not new. It just gets kind of irritating at times. xD

Just at least try to be happy sometimes! It's more pleasant than brooding in negativity.
11/02/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Bipzi
11/02/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Darthwidow
i mean we lose horde chiefs all the time, you dont see us crying

I see Horde people complain about this all the time. What are you talking about?

Yeah, I don’t even particularly like Sylvanas. I’m just tired of the warchief being a revolving door.
11/02/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Feckless
Nope, the cinematic before it was great. Saurfang has a serious internal struggle with what is going on. This one simply confirmed that we're going to run a MOP storyline again with Anduin as Varian and Garrosh as Vol'jin.

It certainly seems that this is where the whole story is going, but I predict the twist will be that instead of a civil war Sylvanas will simply ditch the Horde as having been used up when she sees they are turning against her and seek out an alliance with the old gods.

She doesn't really care about the Horde, they are just a means to an end. She would have no problem joining N'Zoth's side if she thought it offered the best deal towards her own goal of self preservation.

I predict this event will setup the next expansion, which will focus on the emergence of N'Zoth and the return of the Black Empire.
11/02/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dardillien
My only issue with this trailer, and Battle for Azeroth as a whole, is Anduin says, "He cannot beat Sylvanas alone." Like what??? The Alliance has a giant space ship... just blast Sylvanas to oblivion and be done with her, why are you being dumb?

Sylvanas gets to have effectively infinite troops with little justification, even before she started raising elves into her service.

Meanwhile, the Alliance is on the verge of drafting civilians despite the Army of the Light, the Dark Iron, and the handful of void elf rangers.

There's a monkey behind the scenes who's gone nuts in a control booth and won't stop yanking on the levers. The cinematic's good storytelling, but it's based on the same rickety foundation as the rest of the expansion.
11/02/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Darthwidow
oh jesus calm down. god alliance are just cry babies.

the cinematic was great. cant you guys just chill. i mean we lose horde chiefs all the time, you dont see us crying

You've lost two. We lost a king now. What is everyone always kicking and screaming about?
Watch it again maybe. Anduin does not cower before Saurfang. He maintains eye contact even when Saurfang gets aggressive, doesn't flinch when Saurfang flips a table, and doesn't even flinch when Saurfang punches near his head (watch it, he gets ready for fight mode, the force of the punch is the only thing that moves him) despite the massive size difference. While I will agree that this made the Alliance look a bit weak, it made Anduin look strong.
It was a little odd, considering the position the Alliance is in right now. We seem like the stronger faction in general, and 8.0 went reasonably well for us from that perspective. Kul'tiras appears to be a fairly formidable nation and we've united it under Jaina. Needed to clear out some pirates/witches/cultists, but that's largely been dealt with.

Meanwhile all of the Horde zone storylines go extremely poorly. You lose and get owned at every turn, and the Zandalari empire can only barely manage to control 1/3 of their own island, with the other 2/3 being horrible murder wastelands where none dare tread. Zandalar feels like it's barely holding on. Then in 8.1 their city gets sacked and they lose their fleet, which already seemed very outclassed by the Kul'tirans.
11/02/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Awby
It was a little odd, considering the position the Alliance is in right now. We seem like the stronger faction in general, and 8.0 went reasonably well for us from that perspective. Kul'tiras appears to be a fairly formidable nation and we've united it under Jaina. Needed to clear out some pirates/witches/cultists, but that's largely been dealt with.

Meanwhile all of the Horde zone storylines go extremely poorly. You lose and get owned at every turn, and the Zandalari empire can only barely manage to control 1/3 of their own island, with the other 2/3 being horrible murder wastelands where none dare tread. Zandalar feels like it's barely holding on. Then in 8.1 their city gets sacked and they lose their fleet, which already seemed very outclassed by the Kul'tirans.

There is definitely a continued disconnect with the narrative.

I'm trying to figure out what the Alliance has been fighting in this war that has led to a dock full of bodies. It definitely hasn't been anything that we've seen so far in 8.0.
I hope it's Jaina Proudmoore that kills off Sylvanas...

That would be so awesome, best fight ever!
11/02/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Nosferátu

If anyone should kill Sylvanas it needs to be Genn. She took almost everything from him, he deserves it.
a young king reacts to a hulking giant of a beast punching the wall behind him? he's not varian, I don't know what you expected. I thought it was brave of him to enter the cell and close the door. dude has balls.
Did we watch the same cinematic? Anduin didn't look away. He didn't cower. He didn't even flinch. He held eye contact with Saurfang.
11/02/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Dardillien
Believe it or not I actually liked Anduin in this cinematic and it gave me some respect for him, I didn't really like Anduin before. He showed some actual guts just walking into the cell where Saurfang could have just snapped him like a twig.

My only issue with this trailer, and Battle for Azeroth as a whole, is Anduin says, "He cannot beat Sylvanas alone." Like what??? The Alliance has a giant space ship... just blast Sylvanas to oblivion and be done with her, why are you being dumb?

Spaceship? What Spaceship? --- Blizz

Lets be honest, as far as Blizz is concerned, that spaceship doesn't exist. Don't know how they explained it away, but it doesn't exist. *We* might as well forget it exists because Blizz will never use it again.
11/02/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Sharaesdel
Don't know how they explained it away
They never explained it away, narrative wise, it's still around and fully ready to be used. The only reason why it's not being talked about, from what I see, is cause everyone forgot about it.
11/02/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Dardillien
11/02/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Nosferátu

If anyone should kill Sylvanas it needs to be Genn. She took almost everything from him, he deserves it.

It should be Alleria.

Sylvanas: How does it feel....? To have to kill... your own sister...?

Alleria: My sister died a long time ago.

Sylvanas: *Eyes fill with despair before going dark*

Genn: Burn!!!
I think both factions are getting their fair share of drama, story, disappointment, etc....

No one side is getting ripped on, both factions have a story that has ups and downs.
11/02/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Rea
There is definitely a continued disconnect with the narrative.

I'm trying to figure out what the Alliance has been fighting in this war that has led to a dock full of bodies. It definitely hasn't been anything that we've seen so far in 8.0.

Just because you're not "losing" doesn't mean you're not also taking losses.

...and you obviously haven't been through Drustvar...

Blood trolls are bad, but that place is a meat grinder.
so all races can play on either faction is a possibility. and as for that cinematic shows how utterly the alliance armies were destroyed by a small defence force.