Voidwalker useless now?

Warlock
What the hell happened to my Voidwalker? I used to use him as kind of a tank for when I was solo grinding. Not anymore. The poor guy can't make it through two mobs before he dies. I have to constantly Health Funnel the poor guy so he can handle 2 mobs at once.

Did he get hit by the nurf bat?
only true the first couple levels or when your ilvl is still low

later on it's perfectly fine.

make sure taunt and threat presence is on and on auto.
I still have this issue even at a higher ilvl. I have to resummon poor Krackthang constantly.

Compare it to hunter pets where they can put a hot on their pet instantly, it doesn't steal their own health, and they can still do damage while healing their pet.

The voidwalker is definitely not what it used to be.
hes pretty trash yeah
No issues for me. Tanks everything I can throw at him.
Mine rarely dies. I have the demon skin talent though, and notice he shares he benefit of it too. I rarely ever have to heal him.
He tanks alright but cant hold aggro. Two chaos bolt and mobs on you. Takes away from class fantasy.
Tips from Hunters. Macro the attack to all your spells. Pets seem to not activate as fast as they should. Also I find manual taunting more effective.
11/07/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Crookedmán
He tanks alright but cant hold aggro. Two chaos bolt and mobs on you. Takes away from class fantasy.

If your pet is in "assist" mode then, it's not going to attack until you do. If you're bombing a target before your pet has a chance to get the first hit in, it's gonna have trouble staying at the top of the aggro list. Aggro will most certainly be on you just about every time.
mine's fine. Don't pull more than you can handle and he's fine. You can't expect to keep aggro when your burst drops mobs to 10% though.
Mine is trash. Trying to fight Overseer Krix in Arathi and cant even use immolate on him without pulling him off my pet. The voidwalker just cant keep any aggro whatsoever. I guessing when they nerfed the tanks aggro they screwed up pets aggro as well.
Mine’s good for most WQ bosses/questing and holds aggro just fine as Affliction. However, I do notice when I play Destro that he has a harder time keeping aggro. Ramp up damage differences most likely.
At about ilvl 368 here, with demon skin talent as a demo lock. Threat is no issue regardless since a lot if my damage comes from pets, which means I dodge a lot of threat generation, so putting threat management aside, my pets tank very well.

I use my Felguard on just about everything, only summoning my Voidwalker if my Felguard is too squishy to handle it, which isn't very often, typically only if I pull too many mobs. The biggest threat to pet health are spellcasters. There's a bunch of spellcaster enemies, particularly in Island Expeditions, that absolutely chunks pet health. Ragebeak in Arathi is another such example. Short of that, my pets handle just about everything I throw at them really well.

In fact, Felguard holds aoe threat a little too well. The autocast on the threat aura automatically turns off in dungeons and raids, but the aura itself stays on, so I have to remember to turn it off manually else the first group I use the empowered whirlwind on instantly aggros onto the felguard and may or may not destroy him depending on group and difficulty
11/07/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Wormtongue
Mine is trash. Trying to fight Overseer Krix in Arathi and cant even use immolate on him without pulling him off my pet. The voidwalker just cant keep any aggro whatsoever. I guessing when they nerfed the tanks aggro they screwed up pets aggro as well.

There’s some sort of bug affecting some mobs. It’s very obvious in Arathi - I also have problems with Krix, as well as the owlbear, bear and tree bosses. I’m affliction and usually my blue boy holds aggro fine if I don’t burst too much and wait for him to build threat. I can usually also manually taunt when he loses aggro and it works great - except for mobs like the ones I mentioned. No matter what I do, how slow I go, it loses aggro. Retaunting doesn’t hold aggro for long either especially with my dots going on.
Void walker definitely feels much less tanky than he did in the past, not to mention he sucks so much more at holding threat, to the point where he basically doesn't at all.
Voidwalker holds up pretty good, I almost never have to heal him.

But taunting is definitely not working as well as it used to.

I was almost never able to pull threat from my voidwalker, now it happens about 50% of the time, especially if I use any cooldowns.

I've also noticed taunting is kind of buggy. Sometimes voidwalker doesn't taunt, even though taunt is set to auto-cast; I still have to manually taunt every so often.

- P
when you get higher item lvl, you don't really need Void walker anymore expect for some of the elites.