Hey Blizzard, We like Vanilla the way it was

Classic Discussion
11/04/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Härländ
11/04/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

Thats why we have the great community and the almighty blacklist that will fix any issues, anyone that ninjas will get put on it forever.

It's easy to deal with an individual Ninja Looter, but it's hard to deal with a combo squad of organized criminals who's word is now against yours.

Literally no difference, both are your word against someone elses unless people SS, vidcap, but thats supposed to be how we are to deal with people like this though.
We like

I seriously doubt they care what anyone likes, their goal is to put this project in the green, nothing else
deal with people like this? bro i tank he heals and we get ALL the gear, train dont stop for nobody we running those dungeons with or without you. youre not dealing with anything except staying away yourself maybe you told a few friends but eventually we will rob every dps on the server blind through diff characters easily. which is scummy as hell and needs to not be in the game ofc

are you guys actually braindead? not even the devs seem to have any classic passion..sea of sadness
11/04/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Script
11/04/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Skjaldbjorn
Just an idea.

I am under the impression loot trading is mainly designed for master looters who misclick. Why not limit loot trading to items handed out by master loot? The exploits people are concerned with aren't likely to occur in a ML situation.

This is the most reasonable "change" idea I've seen yet.

I'm against the loot trading system in place on retail, but not for the reasons people are saying. I feel like the exploit examples used are highly unlikely to occur. Bag space is limited in vanilla, I don't see many people carrying an extra set of armor amd weapons just to help friends get gear. And then there is the whole party building part of classic. Group leaders generally don't stack multiples of the same class. Sure, it happens, but only as a last resort.

I'm more against it for the raid gearing aspect. I don't think raids should be able to reasign loot because something better drops for someone that already took a piece of gear. But by limiting trading to a 1-2 minute window, you prevent this.

I feel raids are the only area this even needs to apply. I rarely heard of people putting in tickets for dungeon gear during vanilla. Even when it was done it wasn't gueranteed that that they would do it, more often than not GMs would just say tough luck.

So I say trade only on ML items, 1-2min time limit, and make it policy to auto deny any tickets requesting item trading.
11/04/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Skjaldbjorn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This is the most reasonable "change" idea I've seen yet.

I'm against the loot trading system in place on retail, but not for the reasons people are saying. I feel like the exploit examples used are highly unlikely to occur. Bag space is limited in vanilla, I don't see many people carrying an extra set of armor amd weapons just to help friends get gear. And then there is the whole party building part of classic. Group leaders generally don't stack multiples of the same class. Sure, it happens, but only as a last resort.

I'm more against it for the raid gearing aspect. I don't think raids should be able to reasign loot because something better drops for someone that already took a piece of gear. But by limiting trading to a 1-2 minute window, you prevent this.

I feel raids are the only area this even needs to apply. I rarely heard of people putting in tickets for dungeon gear during vanilla. Even when it was done it wasn't gueranteed that that they would do it, more often than not GMs would just say tough luck.

So I say trade only on ML items, 1-2min time limit, and make it policy to auto deny any tickets requesting item trading.

No joke, raid loot drama for raid guilds will be epic with loot trade involved.
11/04/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Härländ

How so? You think people will trade off their raid loot? Most guilds use either loot council or dkp. If they find out you are trading loot you would probably get kicked.
11/04/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Skjaldbjorn
11/04/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Härländ

How so? You think people will trade off their raid loot? Most guilds use either loot council or dkp. If they find out you are trading loot you would probably get kicked.

I was thinking of the example you made before in a new players guild that's lacking self discipline and organization.

The loot drama could be spectacular in that situation due to the loot trade if there's no short sub 3 min trade time limit. Worse if the transaction after the fact can be hidden.
11/04/2018 01:58 AMPosted by Härländ
This is why Sharding is horrible; and should never be included at any point ever because its the cancer of a community oriented game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
If they stick to their plan and only have sharding in the first zone or 2. That’s fine with me. That’s only a few hours I have to deal with it anyway.
11/05/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Hatchmark
11/04/2018 01:58 AMPosted by Härländ
This is why Sharding is horrible; and should never be included at any point ever because its the cancer of a community oriented game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
If they stick to their plan and only have sharding in the first zone or 2. That’s fine with me. That’s only a few hours I have to deal with it anyway.

Sharding is just awful. It's IMO worse than LFR, that's how much I hate it.

However with that said, looking only at the raw facts and blizzard history I also strongly oppose sharding because it opens "the door"

That's something I don't want to do.