Cautiously Optimistic

General Discussion
The announcements for 8.2; such as flying being made available and a "greater focus on systems and rewards", seem to be a step in the right direction in terms of listening to concerns and implementing improvements. Of course only so much can be done to improve the game at this point ( removing or replacing major systems like Azerite isn't really an option )but I'm confident the dev team is at least willing to make changes now. Obviously we won't know how well their "fixes" work til 8.2 but I'm cautiously optimistic. Thoughts?
Cautiously indeed. Blizz saying something and then doing it correctly is the issue. They will get info on what the customers want, feedback on what is wrong with what they made...ignore the feedback and then ask if we have phones. AoC hopefully at the end of next year and a sequel in the Oblivion series....coasting with Blizz til tokens run out. Blizz is way to focused on da money and completely out of touch with what the players want.....bad combination.
11/04/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Emt
Cautiously indeed. Blizz saying something and then doing it correctly is the issue. They will get info on what the customers want, feedback on what is wrong with what they made...ignore the feedback and then ask if we have phones. AoC hopefully at the end of next year and a sequel in the Oblivion series....coasting with Blizz til tokens run out. Blizz is way to focused on da money and completely out of touch with what the players want.....bad combination.
I hear ya. Said all those things myself,and been runnin on tokens since early WoD. I'll believe it when I see it of course but they are at least saying the right things IMO.
Thoughts? That once again, over both howls of incoherent protest and reasoned on-point feedback, they charged forward mindlessly and delivered a broken, kludgy, partially complete product. Then lose more subs, that likely aren't coming back. Which reduces their income, which reduces the resources they commit to the game. Thus creating a self-reinforcing cycle of fail.

They need to decide what WoW is. An MMO, a Diablo clone, or an E-sports platform. Or if they want it to be all of those, devote the resources into making it happen. Then maybe listen to their customers just a bit. Not blow us off. We play games, increasingly, I'm beginning to suspect that the people at Blizz...don't. Their disconnect from us, is increasingly self-evident.
Keep stringing us along....collecting our subs (or tokens).
Flying in 8.2 is annoying because it’s going to coincide with nazjatar which I’d say 99% chance is going to have zero flight.

Flight should be in 8.1. Would give people an excuse to level alts and elongate the content until 8.2 and the actually interesting story begins.
If they were really concerned then they'd turn flight on now. They always planned flight for 8.2 so why does that make you optomistic, especially when we know with 99.9999999% certainty that the new zone in 8.2 wont have flight. Its the exact same crap Ion spitefully pulled in Legion and we're supposed to feel good hes doing the exact same garbage again?
11/04/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Bogrum
If they were really concerned then they'd turn flight on now. They always planned flight for 8.2 so why does that make you optomistic, especially when we know with 99.9999999% certainty that the new zone in 8.2 wont have flight. Its the exact same crap Ion spitefully pulled in Legion and we're supposed to feel good hes doing the exact same garbage again?
As far as I know they never announced flight in 8.2 before Blizzcon. I'm ok with the new zone not allowing flight as long as the original content where we can fly is still somewhat relevant. As I said in my OP I'm reserving judgement. We'll see if it's an empty gesture or not when 8.2 goes live.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
11/04/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Hanjha
Allowing flight this early in the ex-pac is definitely a departure from how it's been handled in the past.

7.2 had flight too... 8.2 is nothing earlier, if anything is even later since patches are coming later this expac, 8.1 is coming in december then there's 8.1.5 and 8.2 who knows when.
To be fair, a lot of the new azerite traits in 8.1 are pretty damn nice, interesting, and affects gameplay in a positive way.

As long as they build on those types of traits, and ring additions, azerite gear probably will be one of the better systems implemented into the game, despite its rocky start.
Yeah, just hang on for 6 more months and we gotchu fam.
Allowing flight this early in the ex-pac is definitely a departure from how it's been handled in the past.

7.2 had flight too... 8.2 is nothing earlier, if anything is even later since patches are coming later this expac, 8.1 is coming in december then there's 8.1.5 and 8.2 who knows when.
Your right, my member berries have gone past their expiration date lol
11/04/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Hanjha
The announcements for 8.2; such as flying being made available and a "greater focus on systems and rewards", seem to be a step in the right direction in terms of listening to concerns and implementing improvements.

You must be trolling. There have been hundreds of thousands of posts from players saying how much they HATE that flying is locked behind the pathfinder achievement. Vet players, new players, returning players have all expressed their dissatisfaction over the subject, and many (too many to count) people have sited the changes to flying as one of the reasons they left the game. So, how does Pathfinder "seem to be a step in the right direction in terms of listening to concerns and implementing improvements", if they were LISTENING, and paying attention, they would not lock flying behind Pathfinder and TWELVE MONTHS of boring ground play!
11/04/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Petals
Flying in 8.2 is annoying because it’s going to coincide with nazjatar which I’d say 99% chance is going to have zero flight.

Flight should be in 8.1. Would give people an excuse to level alts and elongate the content until 8.2 and the actually interesting story begins.

My prediction is that next Summer 8.2 will drop and players will be forced to do a month or more of grounded content in Nazjarar, just like what they did to us in Legion - made us wait 7 months for the flying patch, and then added a requirement that we play grounded on Broken Snore.
I want to. But 8.1 isn’t even here. 8.2 seems so far away.