When you'll ask yourself, what'd killed WoW

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
11/08/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Grizzlpaw
I actually had fun leveling today.

Shocking, I know.

I was surprised by how much hidden depth my class had despite possessing only a handful of spells.

I learned about a few new combos and spell interactions as I went along.

It was a great experience all around.

...Then I realized I was playing GW2

o my

If I might ask, what's your tag to add? Playing off and on since launch. Can help out them newbies.
anyone can add NazzyDragon.9127 on gw2 xoxo
(Game is free to max level. Both xpacs are $50 total in bundle. Game is super fairly priced. Can turn gold into cash shop currency, etc)

<3 newbies. And arenanet listens to you... unlike blizz these days.

It's a shame. I grew up with this company (mostly). Played some of their early titles. I should've seen the writing on the wall when metzen left I guess. I held out hope stuff would still stay fun & full of heart/soul.

Only heart & soul left in WoW is the art... and graphics alone don't cut it. Especially when CS treats me & friends like crap. Sad days.

I'll probably play WC3 remastered, occasionally hop on starcraft, and that's it. No more $ spending on Blizzard, not anymore. Would rather go look at their ex-employees are doing.. namely Bonfire Studios. Got Rob Pardo on the job. Bound to be something pretty good. Lots of other good-looking talent too.

As for OP, the laundry list is far too long for what went wrong. RNG on top of RNG wrapped in RNG is one of the biggest offenders. I feel like I'm working toward an unclear goal. I tried to go against this trend all the way back in WoD and was laughed at mostly.

...Well, now who's laughing? And also silently crying, honestly.

Though to summarize the rest, it's pretty simple. A lack of meaningful character progression, no new skills, a lack of meaningful talents, gameplay changes way too much way too often, clear disregard for player feedback and balance, rushing content without proper testing resulting in an abhorrent amount of bugs (yikes), complete and utter disregard for PvP and the issues with the systems (DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HOW THEY HANDLED PRESTIGE TO HONOR OH MY LORD I'LL GET PRETTY MOUTHY), and... did I mention a complete disregard for the playerbase? Cause I should mention it 10 more times. Because it seems like Blizzard doesn't give one crap about the players. Gotta make $$$. Or something.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look at my old, cracked starcraft 1 cases and be sad.

Then look at my WC3 disc cases and also be sad, again.

RIP Blizzard, to me at least.
11/09/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Nazthori
11/08/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Grizzlpaw
I actually had fun leveling today.

Shocking, I know.

I was surprised by how much hidden depth my class had despite possessing only a handful of spells.

I learned about a few new combos and spell interactions as I went along.

It was a great experience all around.

...Then I realized I was playing GW2

o my

If I might ask, what's your tag to add? Playing off and on since launch. Can help out them newbies.
anyone can add NazzyDragon.9127 on gw2 xoxo
(Game is free to max level. Both xpacs are $50 total in bundle. Game is super fairly priced. Can turn gold into cash shop currency, etc)

<3 newbies. And arenanet listens to you... unlike blizz these days.

It's a shame. I grew up with this company (mostly). Played some of their early titles. I should've seen the writing on the wall when metzen left I guess. I held out hope stuff would still stay fun & full of heart/soul.

Only heart & soul left in WoW is the art... and graphics alone don't cut it. Especially when CS treats me & friends like crap. Sad days.

I'll probably play WC3 remastered, occasionally hop on starcraft, and that's it. No more $ spending on Blizzard, not anymore. Would rather go look at their ex-employees are doing.. namely Bonfire Studios. Got Rob Pardo on the job. Bound to be something pretty good. Lots of other good-looking talent too.

As for OP, the laundry list is far too long for what went wrong. RNG on top of RNG wrapped in RNG is one of the biggest offenders. I feel like I'm working toward an unclear goal. I tried to go against this trend all the way back in WoD and was laughed at mostly.

...Well, now who's laughing? And also silently crying, honestly.

Though to summarize the rest, it's pretty simple. A lack of meaningful character progression, no new skills, a lack of meaningful talents, gameplay changes way too much way too often, clear disregard for player feedback and balance, rushing content without proper testing resulting in an abhorrent amount of bugs (yikes), complete and utter disregard for PvP and the issues with the systems (DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HOW THEY HANDLED PRESTIGE TO HONOR OH MY LORD I'LL GET PRETTY MOUTHY), and... did I mention a complete disregard for the playerbase? Cause I should mention it 10 more times. Because it seems like Blizzard doesn't give one crap about the players. Gotta make $$$. Or something.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look at my old, cracked starcraft 1 cases and be sad.

Then look at my WC3 disc cases and also be sad, again.

RIP Blizzard, to me at least.

Seems like most of the crew pre Activsion buy out left and went to Bonfire Studios, could be why WOW is in its current state.
11/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Cirenavi
Seems like most of the crew pre Activsion buy out left and went to Bonfire Studios, could be why WOW is in its current state.

Yup. This is why I'm excited to see their work. Actual talent, not money-hoe cashgrab bull.

Passion makes $. Take note.
11/05/2018 12:05 AMPosted by Rhadamanph
... I'll come and whisper in your ears: "Class design, bithc"

Wow will never truely die nothing in life ever does die well the product or physical thing dies like anything eventually but everything is immortal to some degree or another by that I mean we live on in peoples memories same goes for great products like Wow it will be remebered years after servers have gone down.
All that's left in current Blizz are corporate yes-men with a cushy paycheck. It will sink this game. The dev team are the real "WoW Killer".
11/07/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Rockford
We have many of our best developers working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs.
https://youtu.be/BOVfw5O5c1g?t=124

Speaks for itself...

Aaaaaand.... I'm done
Yep. It's like we've reached a weird point where they made some classes/specs so bad that people just stopped playing them...which made them think nobody cares about them and they don't get any dev time.