Will you play wow if

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Don't you have phones ? Pfff
if there was a 3 year lull in info about wow, then they used their biggest stage to announce a completely unrelated title, base off a known microtransaction platform, then acted indignant because our response was not pure unadulterated joy, ya I'd probably tell them to F-off.

Imagine if instead of BFA, we got Warcraft explorers league, which was a series of minigames, puzzle maps, and logic gamesfor your phone that didn't reward you in game currency or standing any kind. And when they were done announcing it, you were still stuck battling the same legion expansion for 2 MORE YEARS...

ya you would burn the building down...
I wouldn't mind... not that my phone would be able to run it, but that's another story.
11/05/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Genamue
Yes, because, like with diablo, it would be in conjunction with a new PC release.
There is no announced PC release in conjunction with Diablo:Immortal. Just a vague reference to other "projects in work." Did you come up with the little insert on your own, or just something you read that someone else posted?
11/05/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Zanarkand
if there was a 3 year lull in info about wow, then they used their biggest stage to announce a completely unrelated title, base off a known microtransaction platform, then acted indignant because our response was not pure unadulterated joy, ya I'd probably tell them to F-off.

Imagine if instead of BFA, we got Warcraft explorers league, which was a series of minigames, puzzle maps, and logic gamesfor your phone that didn't reward you in game currency or standing any kind. And when they were done announcing it, you were still stuck battling the same legion expansion for 2 MORE YEARS...

Maybe they need to add a subscription model to Diablo, so it can merit the frequency of updates WoW receives.
11/05/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Blessonline
Wow mobile was announced?

"I can say, without getting overly specific, that we have big plans for the mobile space. It’s a big initiative for us across Blizzard, and you can expect to see more mobile titles from us spanning all of our IPs at some point in the future."

Well yes i will still play wow, because pc wow isnt being replaced by wow mobile. The same is true for diablo, people that think the mobile game means the end of diablo are the ones that are wrong.

Diablo will still be a stand alone pc game, and blizz has always been slow to put out new diablo expansion games. This is nothing new, there will be a diablo expansion or game for the pc, they just always have been slow.

The phone game thing isnt to replace diablo just a new format for people who like mobile games.

11/05/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Felyuda
Maybe they need to add a subscription model to Diablo, so it can merit the frequency of updates WoW receives.

Didnt diablo get an expansion or something in 2017?
11/05/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Divademonica
Didnt diablo get an expansion or something in 2017?

Yeah. They got the Rise of the Necromancer a little over a year ago. Which essentially was just a big paid patch.

I think these folks are just seeing WoW, Overwatch and Hearthstone chugging out content, and assume they deserve their stuff at the same pace... Just not a brand new mobile game apparently. It has to be exactly what they want.

"I can say, without getting overly specific, that we have big plans for the mobile space. It’s a big initiative for us across Blizzard, and you can expect to see more mobile titles from us spanning all of our IPs at some point in the future."

If they re-release the armory app so I can send my minions out on their missions and use the AH, then yes.

Otherwise I can’t see them putting the whole game on the phone.

11/05/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Zanarkand

If I paid for just the expansion and not a monthly subscription to play, I'd be fine with that.

You're comparing a one-time purchase to a game with a subscription model.

Compare Diablo to Starcraft instead, that's apples and apples, not apples and oranges.
11/05/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Enkki
11/05/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Genamue
Yes, because, like with diablo, it would be in conjunction with a new PC release.
There is no announced PC release in conjunction with Diablo:Immortal. Just a vague reference to other "projects in work." Did you come up with the little insert on your own, or just something you read that someone else posted?

He could be referring to the current iteration of desktop Diablo - Diablo 3 - and how the mobile game is being released in conjunction with Diablo 3.
11/05/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Zanarkand

Hmm .. no. I wouldn't burn a building down over a video game announcement.

Just another episode of the ever more gormless gaming community showing their true colors in public. Nothing to see here.
Honestly, I have come to associate anything with the "Blizzard" label as a greedy low-quality product. No, I will not play anything of their on my phone.

If it didn't have pay to win crap. And it used my same account (i.e. I could still play my main), sure! But I think they need to add more content that could actually be meaningful on a phone. I would hate to raid on my phone.
wtf wow mobile isn't a thing lol.
11/05/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Baridorielor
11/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Kelvvie
If mobile games is the future of video games then I would rather be transformed into a duck.

I thought VR was the future of Video games?

What the hell happened to that??

P o r n. P o r n happened to that.
As long as they keep putting out expansions for the PC market and didn't abandon it for just the mobile then yes I would still play.
If it was something original perhaps.

If it's a re-skinned Chinese game, no thanks.

We already have a fair bit of mobile apps for this game already.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288451/kotaku-blizzard-pulled-diablo-4-announcement-from-blizzcon-sources-say

According to Wowhead they are making a Diablo 4 for the PC but at last minute pulled the video.