8.1 IE Doubloon vendor - this is ridiculous Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
11/14/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Aehl
Sounds like you have terrible luck then.

Here is the entire problem in one word.

-------> luck <-------

I don't mind luck being a factor, but bad luck protection should always exist to reign it in. Luck along the lines of, "it'll take anywhere from 1 - 30 attempts" is massively different than luck along the lines of, "it'll take you anywhere from 1 - 1,000 attempts."

Anytime bad luck protection is lacking in an environment where the RNG can be severe, I view it as a real failure on Blizzard's end, though a failure that's often intentional (it's not like Blizzard doesn't fully understand the impact of these systems or the results for some severely unlucky players if they don't put in a bad luck protection system).
That's a very cogent argument with which I agree wholeheartedly. I stopped doing islands long ago b/c the reward drop rates were too low. Even after they "increased" the drop rate I never got anything. Simple math is still in play. Multiplying 0 by anything still results in 0.
TBH I wouldn't mind the cool loot being drops if the method to get it wasn't so opaque. But since there is no clear definite answer from Blizz on it I'm discouraged to to do Island Expeditions. If there was a vendor that had them or a defined drop criteria I would probably be more likely to do IEs.
11/15/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Owie
That's a very cogent argument with which I agree wholeheartedly. I stopped doing islands long ago b/c the reward drop rates were too low. Even after they "increased" the drop rate I never got anything. Simple math is still in play. Multiplying 0 by anything still results in 0.

If you focus the Rare elite mobs your chances of items dropping are drastically increased. On 1 island expedition 2 weeks ago when I was leveling a character all we did was rare elites and event spawns and in 1 run got 2 quest items and a cosmetic reward and that was on normal difficulty.

When I'm doing mythic or heroic runs with guildies just focusing rares and large azerite chunks I'm usually getting 2-5 items per run. I've gotten a bunch of pets which sell wonderfully for like 30k on my servers AH like inky etc. Cosmetic greens and those 325 blue weapons which also sell for a pretty penny.

Point is the objective isn't to rush to win a island expedition but to kill the most rares, do portal events, and do the quests on the islands.