Raider io is good

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
With raider io I can clearly see the disparity between players who don't do or push keys compared to those who do. Players with high raider io know most mechanics and even provide new tips on dungeons.

I'm not against low raider io players but if you are struggling to complete a +10 so many weeks into the expansion especially after we have warfront gear and know the best classes to do mythics then you shouldn't cry about the addon.

I carry friends with lower raider io as a tank and even they make mistakes when told what to do. The only way you can get that rating improved is to keep running lower keys till u know the dungeon perfectly.

tl:dr git gud

If you are struggling to complete a +10 so many weeks into the expansion

LMFAO

R.IO is a horrible measuring stick and most of the community know it and hate it or find ways to avoid it.
11/06/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Seelnay

LMFAO

R.IO is a horrible measuring stick and most of the community know it and hate it or find ways to avoid it.

I did not experience that. Also, it took a lot of time and effort to get to 1k but now I'm actually invited to +10 groups.

LMFAO

I would say most of the casual community doesn't use it and/or doesn't understand it. They're the posting every day about raider.io not being good (instead of doing the content they do freebie gear), yet fail to make their own groups to push keys and want to break other people's keys that they worked hard on pushing. So really, it's working the way it's supposed to in the means of being able to vet people to get a group that will POSSIBLY push the key. I've had people link me mythic kills and I still won't accept them because their .io score is, for example, 350.
I stopped reading after OP said "Best classes to do mythics."

LMFAO

Generally the only people "avoiding" raider.io are trashcan dumpster idiots who complain on the forums about not getting groups. Too lazy to up their score or just terrible at the game in general.

For pugging it's an absolute godsend because you can see recent failed dungeons, their progression, etc.
Raider.io isn't perfect, but it's the best tool I'm aware of for determining if a random stranger is capable of performing at the level necessary to complete a key.

If those of you so vehemently opposed to raider.io know of some superior alternative, we'd all genuinely love to hear about it.
11/06/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Elythis
I stopped reading after OP said "Best classes to do mythics."

there are best classes to do mythics its why you see all the top runs using dks mages boomkins dhs rogues hunter. Resto shammans don't appear on the board till place 213. Like 95% of top mythic runs use a dk tank who bring a b rez and can do mythic 10+ bosses without a healer. Frost mages slow is broken plus they bring a sheep. Rogues make threat a non issue and bring sap. Hunters do the same for threat plus bring cc and aoe stun. Boomkings are fatties and do fat dps aoe silence plus b rez and root or knockback. Dhs aoe is actually stupid and brings cc and an aoe stun. I mean even if arms dps is good i bring almost no utility compared to a ton of these classes that bring the dps and the utility. Imagine how a shaman must feel most groups would rather bring drums than have a shammy dps for pushing high keys.
IO just suggests you're good.

It is hardly a guarantee.
Raider.io is ok. But you have to take into account people who have 1k score were carried by guildies or friends. So they have the potential to be horrible. But put it simply raider.io is a nice tool. Casuals should just stick to keys below 7. You want the gear? Then work for it like everyone else.
raider.io is great, if you could go back to beginning of legion you would see why. You had to base everything off of gearscore and your key would be depleted if you failed to beat timer or someone randomly leaves. imo they should also track who's left an m+ group mid run and how many times. You had no way of gauging someone actual experiance in an M+ till raider.io came out
With raider io you can clearly see the disparity between people who do m+ on Tuesdays or who play on a low pop server.

Leaderboard of 500 per dungeon per server is a bad foundation for a rating system.

Although I guess the good news is with fewer people playing that leaderboard won't fill up so fast ...
Same answer as always.

People who push M+ content believe it is a great thing, as more information is better than less when deciding on who to push your key with.

People who just want their +10/loot chest done each week and don't have guildies to do it with hate radier.io it as it stops them getting invited in groups.

There is a large community of people who don't understand raider.io and don't understand why they don't get invited to groups (the reason is not always a low io score). Raider.io is usually an easy target to blame for this.

People in general don't like being gated from content - so the larger community of casual players will always majority vote against an io system. As M+ is pitched as an experience for all players and therefore people have some entitlement towards being brought to the content. Mythic Raiding on the other hand was pitched as being for the elitists, therefore more casual people don't feel the same entitlement if they get turned down for a mythic pug raiding group.

--------------------------------------------------
11/11/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Grumpsey

People in general don't like being gated from content - so the larger community of casual players will always majority vote against an io system. As M+ is pitched as an experience for all players and therefore people have some entitlement towards being brought to the content. Mythic Raiding on the other hand was pitched as being for the elitists, therefore more casual people don't feel the same entitlement if they get turned down for a mythic pug raiding group.

It's more that people don't like being turned down for content that they know they're easily capable of doing.

Raider.io score is as much dependent on the group of people you run with as it is your own skill. Many people feel they are punished for regularly grouping with lesser skilled guildmates etc which results in lower scores for *everyone*, not just the worst player in the group.

In legion I pugged all my keys because my guildmates were either not interested or not capable of doing high keys. Then raider.io came along and pugging was no longer an option because I had neglected to foresee that you'd need to have completed +15 seat to get invited to +10 arcway.
11/11/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Aewendil

In legion I pugged all my keys because my guildmates were either not interested or not capable of doing high keys. Then raider.io came along and pugging was no longer an option because I had neglected to foresee that you'd need to have completed +15 seat to get invited to +10 arcway.

I, too, pugged every single run I did in Legion. My experience was completely opposite from yours, however. I patiently built up my score, and never tried to overextend (by applying for keys I knew I wasn't ready to do). I never had significant trouble finding groups, and I completed a handful of 15's and even one 16. I credit raider.io for allowing me to do that. Without having that score to allow people to vet me, I doubt I ever would have run anything higher than a 9.
I like raider.io, and there is great value in the information presented there. What I have found is that sometimes you get 1k+ players who were obviously carried there and can't do basic mechanics or play the class properly.

I'm fairly casual with a rating sitting in the low 600s and I had 2 keys broken by 1k 375+ players who couldn't do over 10k damage and died to everything.

I found this to be consistent with a fair amount of groups to be an issue worth stating.
I refuse to do Mythic+ without Raider.io.

I love it.

LMFAO

I did not experience that. Also, it took a lot of time and effort to get to 1k but now I'm actually invited to +10 groups.

i'm like 1007 and get invited to 13s.

what's up.
11/11/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Karenthi
11/11/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Aewendil

I, too, pugged every single run I did in Legion. My experience was completely opposite from yours, however. I patiently built up my score, and never tried to overextend (by applying for keys I knew I wasn't ready to do). I never had significant trouble finding groups, and I completed a handful of 15's and even one 16. I credit raider.io for allowing me to do that. Without having that score to allow people to vet me, I doubt I ever would have run anything higher than a 9.

The issue was really that I'd restricted myself to doing a few dungeons (largely the ones that dropped the best secondary stats/relics) and therefore had no score beyond a +3 or +4 in 7 of the 10 dungeons. E.G. I'd done +15 Upper Kara 10 or more times trying to get the Aran trinket/On use ring, but I never bothered doing Lower Kara because there weren't any good drops for me in there.

So when raider.io came about and all of a sudden you needed a score in every dungeon, I was miles behind the pace. And I didn't really feel like doing dozens of runs in irrelevant dungeons just to get my score up so I could again PUG the same ones I'd been pugging without issue for the whole expansion already.
11/11/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Stäbprincess
I like raider.io, and there is great value in the information presented there. What I have found is that sometimes you get 1k+ players who were obviously carried there and can't do basic mechanics or play the class properly.

I'm fairly casual with a rating sitting in the low 600s and I had 2 keys broken by 1k 375+ players who couldn't do over 10k damage and died to everything.

I found this to be consistent with a fair amount of groups to be an issue worth stating.

I brought a balance Druid to my 14 Atal’ Dazar last night. The Druid has a 1200+ score and pulled a whopping 8.7k dps through the run. We missed the timer by 2 seconds I believe.

I love raider.io but it is hardly a guarantee.

Ditto the near 1300 tank in my 14 MOTHERLODE!! and he took the most ridiculous route I have seen and facepulled so many mobs it was unreal.