New monk talents

Monk
I may be wrong but some of the talents actually look pretty good. For instance, the expel harm is definitely a buff. Also there is a new trait that gives RSK a 25% chance to hit twice, not sure if that's any good but it seems good to me. Windwaker looks sick. It just seems like we have so many options on our talent tree. I'm actually liking it.
eh, some are ok reverse harm looks good, the FoF talent looks decent, but none of these will really fix the problem with WW, how much oversight was there going into BFA that in the first big content patch WW is so bad that ever single one of our PVP talents is either being changed or buffed? you could make a couple small changes and make monk workable
-FoF stun
-Good karma baseline
-replace good karma with healing elixir
-reduce para CD
I still feel that they honestly dont know what direction to take us at this current point and are just throwing random Ideas out there and seeing what sticks
I honestly feel even just FoF stun would be enough to give monks some enjoyability back in PvP.
11/07/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Eldrethana
I honestly feel even just FoF stun would be enough to give monks some enjoyability back in PvP.

you are not wrong returning this alone would be night and day, the other things are more along the lines of suitability, in legion we had the ability to heal for 100% our our HP pool potentially, (good karma 50%, port heal 20%, healing elixir 30%)
we lost all of that and got nothing in terms of supplementing it. all we have now is casted vivify or a free vivify every 10 sec that heals for 8k(if talented), losing all that self healing combined with the loss of our CC we are just dumb squishy.
Stun of FoF won't ever happen. They made a decision to reduce the amount of stuns every class has and lengthen the CDs of the ones that remained. Having tied to a short cooldown damage skill just ain't going to happen in BFA.
11/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Tenfuu
eh, some are ok reverse harm looks good, the FoF talent looks decent, but none of these will really fix the problem with WW, how much oversight was there going into BFA that in the first big content patch WW is so bad that ever single one of our PVP talents is either being changed or buffed? you could make a couple small changes and make monk workable
-FoF stun
-Good karma baseline
-replace good karma with healing elixir
-reduce para CD
I still feel that they honestly dont know what direction to take us at this current point and are just throwing random Ideas out there and seeing what sticks

The new FoF trait looks decent though. It's no longer a 5s stun, but it does snare them by 90% which is basically a root and it gives you 100% parry making it also a great def CD against melees and it removes the damage reduction from secondary targets which means if you manage to cleave with it, it'll do massive damage.

Expel Harm and FoF traits will definitely be a must for most comps. the new FSK trait will also be incredibly useful if you're pairing with wheelchair classes like Pallies Locks Priests or DKs
11/07/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Oriana
Stun of FoF won't ever happen. They made a decision to reduce the amount of stuns every class has and lengthen the CDs of the ones that remained. Having tied to a short cooldown damage skill just ain't going to happen in BFA.

I’m sure there’s a rogue laughing somewhere.
Pretty nice being the only leather wearer that doesn't have access to 2 stuns, even Brewmaster can have 2 stuns :D

Yet Rogues can still sap-->cheap shot-->kidney shot-->shadow dance-->sap/cs/garrote again-->blind.

That's fair.
11/08/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Sifu

Yet Rogues can still sap-->cheap shot-->kidney shot-->shadow dance-->sap/cs/garrote again-->blind.

That's fair.

lets be real though no one plays Sub. So take out shadow dance. Sin is just much better right now.

The truth is also that you wont cheap shot that often. It's better to just multi garrote two targets from stealth, and you certainly don't wanna DR your kidney shot. So you'd only be cheap shotting an off target from stealth, and that includes if you open on a healer.

So if they're spread out, you're just gonna garrote into a kidney. And very, very rarely you will vanish to garrote silence again.

Not trying to say that rogues aren't much much stronger and I know ww is trash tier.