Idk why I pvp as ele

Shaman
I always have a bad time. 8.1 doesn't look promising as well.
You might want to take a break from WoW if that is the case. I have to admit, the 8.1 changes to Ele at this point feel underwhelming, and the constant nerfs to Enhancement Shaman PvP is annoying. At this point I'm just raid logging on my shaman. Really looking forward to Classic WoW though.
11/09/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Drtotemz
You might want to take a break from WoW if that is the case. I have to admit, the 8.1 changes to Ele at this point feel underwhelming, and the constant nerfs to Enhancement Shaman PvP is annoying. At this point I'm just raid logging on my shaman. Really looking forward to Classic WoW though.
if survival was sustainable ench would be fun but damn i can barely make it to my target yet alone ramp up maelstrom before im dead un random, which is sad because i dont see other melee specs with the same problem.
Ok maybe I can help. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that the gear/talents/stats that are in your armory is what you are PVPing with.

I am only going to reference BGs and RBGs. I DONOT ARENA.

azerite traits

You have 2 with igneous potential. This is horrid because they do not stack (I made the same assumption early on as well) .

Literally any other piece would work as a substitute.

stats
Your current stats are as follows:
14% crit. Ideally needs to be 20% or higher

18% haste. Way way too much haste especially for running HV and UP. Closer to 12-13%

20% mastery. This little mastery for HV/UP is a huge problem. This give HV only a 10% chance to proc. You need closer to 40% mastery even without HV/UP just to generate mealstrom.

8% versatility. There are mixed reviews from the ele's I have talked to. A few are running Vers/Crit builds and and banking on HUGE ES crits with on use trinkets+racials+skyfury totem.

talents
The current tale ta you are running are straight up ST raid talents with ZERO burst potential.

EotE vs EE
Either are acceptable and more if a playstyle. I prefer EE for single target burst which I will describe in a bit.

AS vs MotE
AS is the go to PVP talent. The chain of RNG procs on ES&EQ is invaluable. And ES is majority of your dmg with Flameshock as the only competition.
MotE would synergize better with EE rather than EotE if you insist on running it.

Earth shield vs spirit wolf
Pretty much what works for you, though I am hooked on SW. The ability to kite is our bane this xpac and this talent is one of the few remaining tools we have left. Plus it has great synergy with azerite and pvp talents.

HV vs SE
HV is very High mastery dependent. HV needs 35% or higher just to be worth using because it has half your normal mastery chance to proc. The burst from SE is tremendous. The added haste boost to LB and CL is incredible and the AoE channel granted from PE makes SE+SK too good to pass up.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing a heavy melee comp or "dear Lord" a Demo lock.

Nature's Guardian is a solid choice.

PE will be the go to until 8.1 then SoP (new talent) and a buffed IF will be very competitive. PE is the go to because of the buffs it provides to your elementals.

UP vs SK vs Asc
UP need HV to be competitve and both need high mastery and for you to be able to turrent which is not feasible due to the current game play and the lack of our current tools. It becomes to hard to get UP started and maintained to maximize its benefit.
Ascendance is the epitome of clunky and there is no way they will sit there and let you cast as a big lava monster.
SK gives on demand burst every one min and synergizes with SE extremely well.

pvp talents

The only one I will mention is earthfury. And the reaso. Why I mention it is because you have to be capped at 100 maelstrom to use it, which usually means you are eating maelsteom. Plus you dont have AS as a talent which is where this stun really shines. I would take lightning lasso in its place if you need the stun.
Personally for ELE, anything less that 20% haste feels terrible to me. I stack versatility and get up to 12% currently and it makes more tanky. Take Spirit Wolf and the Wolf PvP talent. Get pack Spirit and stack if you can. you are extremely tanky with that and you have a great way to kite.

Personally I stack Igneous Potential x3. I know the proc chance doesnt stack but the damage feels better on LvB and kind of feels worth casting at roughly 10k per. I hate the current playstyle of ELE and I have been ELE main since BC.

This is the first time I have ever played ENH as Main Spec because I cant stand ELE so much. The changes I listed above make ELE bareable for me.
Looking forward to Classic WoW? Lmao patch 1.12 is post Windfury nerf by HALF the bonus attack power. Shamans at the end of Classic were weak and that’s what you’re gonna get.
11/09/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
Looking forward to Classic WoW? Lmao patch 1.12 is post Windfury nerf by HALF the bonus attack power. Shamans at the end of Classic were weak and that’s what you’re gonna get.

That's not what they did to WF, you might want to look up patch notes again.
Use your positioning and try not to be the center of attention. You're at your best when not being hit.

Learn what spells to windshear and what not to.

Sometimes running away in Ghost wolf while your team mates hit them is the best option.

Don't waste Thunderstorm and try to knock them downhill if possible, use the tiny breathing room to heal.

Let your elementals do the dmg if you need to play defensively. (Most of the time)

Try get any school other than nature to get locked out, if fire/frost is locked immediately use the freedom to heal without interruption.

You can Lightning Lasso while in Ghost wolf.

Azerite power "pack spirit" tied with pvp talent "Spectral recovery" means some decent regen heals while in Ghost wolf.

If survivability is a trouble, go Primal Elementalist and use the elemental Stoneskin ability to reduce damage taken, chained with Astral Shift you get up to 20s of reduced damage if need be, stagger them ideally.

If you must heal, cast one then move and stop it near the end, if you're lucky you might bait an interrupt.

Lava shock azerite power makes Earth Shock hit HARD, especially with miltuple stacks of Lava Shock, you can crit approx 60k and delete somebody.

Remember you can remove curses if against a warlock.

Almost never use Earthquake unless in a 40man against a zerg. Mostly used for the knockdown element than the damage.

Hex is your friend and you can still do a bit of damage before it breaks. If they trinket it, you can stun them freely.

You only need 1 stack of Igneous Potential at most, it's main benefit is the 3% chance of an instant cast than the extra damage.

Oh also you can interrupt Eye Beam on Demon Hunters to avoid some damage, Fel Barrage also.
idk i was testing ele and surge of power with sk seems really good for burst every minute. enhance in pvp is dead so i guess ill have to give ele a shot in 8.1
11/09/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Flexshock
idk i was testing ele and surge of power with sk seems really good for burst every minute. enhance in pvp is dead so i guess ill have to give ele a shot in 8.1

Problem is the new Icefury makes Frost shock hit as hard as lavburst and that is non crits. That means 16-20 k crits in PVP and it generates Maelstrom.
Combine that with AS ES spam and that is a lot of dmg
<span class="truncated">...</span>Looking forward to Classic WoW? Lmao patch 1.12 is post Windfury nerf by HALF the bonus attack power. Shamans at the end of Classic were weak and that’s what you’re gonna get.

That's not what they did to WF, you might want to look up patch notes again.
What are you talking about? They literally nerfed the attack power bonus on WF swings by half in patch 1.11

Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost reduced. Attack power bonus of Windfury Weapon reduced by 50%

Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug that caused an additional attack beyond what was intended. In addition, fixed a bug that caused the next normal melee attack to happen sooner than intended.”

Attack power bonus went from 665 to 333 at max rank AFTER they already took away our WF self procs.

So here’s a tip, why don’t YOU do some
basic research and fact checking before you try to run your mouth and try to act smart?

You do realize Elemental Shaman are absolute death machines in PvP in Vanilla right? Who said anything about Enhance in Vanilla?
11/10/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Talodar
...Looking forward to Classic WoW? Lmao patch 1.12 is post Windfury nerf by HALF the bonus attack power. Shamans at the end of Classic were weak and that’s what you’re gonna get.

You do realize Elemental Shaman are absolute death machines in PvP in Vanilla right? Who said anything about Enhance in Vanilla?

Uhh I was Elemental in Vanilla and no we were not death machines.
I had the BiS trinket Zandalari Hero Charm which was our only cookie cutter viable PVP option to stack as many cooldown a for 1 burst Elementsl Mastery wombo Combo.
Once you blow your load you were essentially a sitting duck.
11/10/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Alyuzandro
11/10/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Talodar

I had the BiS trinket Zandalari Hero Charm which was our only cookie cutter viable PVP option to stack as many cooldown a for 1 burst Elementsl Mastery wombo Combo.

If you're using Elemental Mastery, you're doing it wrong. You are woefully mistaken if you're of the belief Elemental shaman were not a destructive force in PvP.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Looking forward to Classic WoW? Lmao patch 1.12 is post Windfury nerf by HALF the bonus attack power. Shamans at the end of Classic were weak and that’s what you’re gonna get.

Just saying:

https://youtu.be/JdjFuliidtM
https://youtu.be/HD9_46jvlpY
https://youtu.be/I0IG9kNXwkE
https://youtu.be/J7siEh7-aZ8
11/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Madalynn
Ok maybe I can help. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that the gear/talents/stats that are in your armory is what you are PVPing with.

I appreciate the feedback, however I have an entire bag full of gear I swap around to try something else out for fun. I am aware of how a lot of azerite traits work.

I am currently playing storm ele and lightning lasso to just have lighting beams shooting at people :P
tbh I've queued a couple hundred games above 2400 mmr the past week in 3s. I have literally not queued into a singe ele shaman. Not one. Queued into dks and warlocks which blizzard admits are a bit weak, but not one ele. Ele is basically dead in 3s (the bracket blizzard balances around) and I'm not sure if the ptr changes in 8.1 will change much.
11/10/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Agatos
tbh I've queued a couple hundred games above 2400 mmr the past week in 3s. I have literally not queued into a singe ele shaman. Not one. Queued into dks and warlocks which blizzard admits are a bit weak, but not one ele. Ele is basically dead in 3s (the bracket blizzard balances around) and I'm not sure if the ptr changes in 8.1 will change much.

I really think 2 things are going in ele favor in 8.1

Icefury buff looks great. The frost shocks being such a huge dmg increase is going to be very good. Help with our mobility for sure.

MOTE going to be a go to pvp talent because of the single target dmg it’s going to bring. 20% more on earth shock with sky fury down is going to be huge

I can see ele working really well with boomkin. Boomy incarn+shammy drops sky fury with FS roots and ES slows so they can’t run from it feels like it’s going to be very real
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you're using Elemental Mastery, you're doing it wrong. You are woefully mistaken if you're of the belief Elemental shaman were not a destructive force in PvP.
Uhh you have no clue what you’re talking about, one talent guarantees a crit, the other gives you another spell which scales better with higher crit chance and way better for survability, that’s all.

Yes it was cookie cutter to get Nature’s Swiftness but like I said to actually become a “death machine” you needed the BiS trinket AND Elemental Mastery or merely just clip your PVP cooldown wombo combo montages out and only keep the crits.

NS was more of a emergency heal more than anything in small scale PvP than an actual aggressive ability.
Did you even play Vanilla Shamans?

Talent A or talent B, the outcome is the same. You think a burst moment is EM/NS was impressive? PomPyro was way better and they actually did consistent damage without relying on cooldowns.
Elemental like I said have always been a one trick pony when it comes to being aggressive. The utility that the shaman brought is what made them unique in between that burst window. They were not “death machines” unless you’re referring to a wombo combo every 2 min.

Edit: also good job doubling down from “death machines” to just “destructive in PvP” well duh we were very destructive in PvP every 3 or so minutes when we blew our loads.
FS root is from SoP which is on same tier as IF.

Though I do agree the changes will be very interesting for PVP.
The FS root from SoP doesnt break on dmg.
FS with new IF is noncritting the same dmg as LvB crits. It crits for 16-18k and it generates maelstrom. A high crit build +25%ish will be nasty.

I think the burst from running
MotE, SoP, SK will be tremendous.
With the increased max maelsteom from pvp talent+call of thunder talent. That's 180 maelstrom max with a 50 cost for ES.

You could close to max Maelstrom
ES+LB(get buff)+LvB+sk(lb) for some huge dmg. Then ES+LvB+sk(lb) into another lb for huge dmg.

I mean if the LvB are instant casted. You could cast SK (1.5 sec)+ES global+LvB global+SK LB global. ES global+LvB global+SK LB global into a hard casted LB. 2 casts the rest globals.

And if you started it all out with a ES into FS root that doesnt break on ele dmg for 6 sec. Gonna be a lot of crying about ele.

The buff dmg to LB by Mote and SK in conjunction with the dmg increase in OL from SK+SoP increase in number or OL buffed ES is gonna be a little .

The other option is rolling IF and spamming FS praying for crits.