What made you pick Warlock

Warlock
Class fantasy.

Super good support class.
11/10/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Tresextas
11/09/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Sylvianne
They ruined shadow for me and lock was my next best option as far as casters go. I actually kind of hate pet classes lol but I'm willing to put up with the dumb pets.

you're very patient, I use GoSac to not do so since pets suddenly die very easily now.

Playing demo atm so I sadly don't have much of a choice lol. I might go back to aff for a bit though. After playing aff most of Legion I needed something different for a while lol.
I had never played a pet class before and I wanted a challenge. Before the last 2 months of legion I hadn't played since 2010 so I had believed warlock was challenging still.
I wanted the most chaotic class that caused the highest amount of destruction that involved fire and summoning powerful creature to aid me.

So I've stuck with Destro since 6.0.
i was originally a dwarf paladin since i started playing. in cata i made an army of alts most of which have since reached max level. i ended up leveling my warlock first every expansion and he became my "horde" main. then he just became my main. i have more fun on this class than any other. even when it's not so great. it feels fun. i really enjoy the flavor of the spells and other things involved in the class.

i am making more warlocks though to play. i made a belf tonight on SoE (my server) and got it to 11. still undecided if he's gonna be aff or destro. i have the desire to level a nightborn too and whichever spec the belf is then the nightborn will be the other. i like the idea of having one warlock for each spec. horde side.

ally side i have a gnome that's like 68 that i need to undelete and level. he'll probably be demo. i will make a velf at some point as well. i didn't like human animations and deleted my level 20 human warlock recently. maybe dwarf for the 3rd?

the only thing that really sucks is that unless it's an allied race you have to wait til 20, which feels like forever, to get your voidwalker. i realize at super low levels you don't need it. but i feel naked questing without big blue.
This had always been an alt for me since I rolled it in early Cata. I was always better with Affliction, but always loved Demonology's aesthetic. When it went full summoner and ditched Demonic Empowerment, I got intrigued. I'd grown tired of my previous main after 9 years, and I got an alpha invite and was instantly hooked. Even the nerfs didn't scare me off. xD

Is it perfect? No. Has its share of QoL issues that the forums have mentioned beyond counting. But, is it fun? Yes. Plus, I got cookies and summoning as a bonus.
11/09/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Ithil
Theres a lot of Negativity floating around the warlock forums.
(a lot of it is totally valid) But I was wondering, What made you pick warlock, what made you fall in love with this badass, visually stunning class?

Lets take a moment to remember why we stick by this class that has for a while now, been seemingly forgotten and thrown by the wayside.

I first loved warlock when I played MOP demonology. That spec was pretty damn fun... and it was actually pretty strong back then
I had not played a PC game since half-life. My roommate told me to come check this out and they were doing Razuvious in original Naxx.

I thought it was pretty cool how they had to work together and how certain classes mind controlled the adds to tank the boss.

I bought wow the next day (2005 eoy.)

He told me to do a warlock or Hunter. I was big into Metal so I went lock (what's more metal than a warlocks?)

I ended up really enjoying the quests for the pets, enchanted gold bloodrobe, and mounts and finished getting my dreadstalker just before BC launched.
(a lot of it is totally valid) But I was wondering, What made you pick warlock, what made you fall in love with this badass, visually stunning class?

Lets take a moment to remember why we stick by this class that has for a while now, been seemingly forgotten and thrown by the wayside.

There is an ancient Chinese saying that fits my situation. "In light of the current situation, there is no way out. It is like riding on the back of a tiger and you cannot get off."
Got WoW in my teens by way of a friend who introduced me.

I've played CPRG's like neverwinter 2. Always picked a dark mage / warlock. Saw warlock in WoW, SM/Ruin build with machine gun mage for PvP.

Been hooked ever since..
Back in Vanilla, the Warlock was the most similar to the Necromancer, so I went with that. All these years later, still no regrets.
This is an older alt of mine that I had originally started and leveled to 62 - first as a human named Sabriel after the Garth Nix 'Abhorsen' book series (about a family of necromancers). Thru Legion I leveled my old DK because I loved the lore and felt like smashing things, but decided to level boost this warlock and give the class another try. I have to say, I'm having fun and leveling along with my daughter and her DK. Not a very serious player but I have fun and WoW is my only 'vice' these days when I have the time.
I log on my warlock to provide enough deaths to keep the rogue community happy. I love them.
Mainly because all 3 specs use to be very unique and felt like different classes in one. While at the same time I always love the dark magic aspect of the class which no other class really takes the place of. So I'm stuck with warlock even though it feels like !@#$ right now.

While I started out with the Warrior and stuck to one as my main from vanilla through WotLK, my secondary character was a Warlock and the class eventually became my new main when Cata dropped.

We still have DoT abilities, we still summon demons and we still feel evil... but if anything has been forgotten, it was our tankiness. We now have the same amount of health as just about every other DPS class specialization and Drain Life is almost completely useless.

Aren't we supposed to be the tanky, low mobility caster? The hell happened?
Had just come back to the game in mop after not playing since bc , initially played a deathknight . Was trying to pvp my way to my conquest set and kept getting cc’d and blown up be warlocks and was told that if I didn’t like it to re roll and play warlock. Well here I am three expansions later still a warlock because no matter how much they !@#$ with the class I am way too attached to it to play anything else and trust me I’ve tried. No idea why , not even my vanilla characters have that much time played.
Mainly i picked my warlock cause i liked the demons in vanilla days. The bigger reason i stayed a warlock though is because of meta form. Sadly they took it away a few expansions later and im still playing warlock because it will always be my main.

I just hope they bring back a demon form in the future because the current playstyle is garbage especially for arenas.