Are all Alliance realms the same in War Mode?

War Mode and World PvP
Are there any highly populated Alliance realms that actually have a lot of active players in war mode? Or is it really all sharded now with no difference?
Most RP realms seems to have a pretty balanced number of Horde and Alliance in Warmode. I don't have much of problem finding Alliance.
Overall, it's not going to matter realm to realm. A few people do report some different results of sharding balance (Look for Daemonic on this forum, he's a horde player who reports being regularly outnumbered by Alliance, his realm may be what you are looking for).

One area that has seemed significantly better in terms of balance is RP realms. We are sharded together, not with normal realms (not including people who bring Normal Server peeps through raids/parties). And before you say "I don't RP" neither do probably most people on RP realms. You just follow a basic naming rule for your character and guild to not be something that doesn't fit Azeroth (your current name is great for that) and don't bug people who are roleplaying by intentionally messing with them.

Good luck in your search though.
There aren't any realm to realm differences except between Normal servers and RP servers. All the Normal servers get mixed together on Normal shards, and all the RP servers get mixed together on RP shards. You can cross the Normal/RP boundary only by grouping with someone in the other set of shards.

RP shards are pretty balanced, whereas on Normal shards, the only Alliance you see are in raids working on their Tour of Duty achievements.
Also, the change in 8.1 to provide a larger war mode balance to the minority faction will likely balance the shards from a numbers point of view. It might attract Alliance PVE folks who are doing it only for the bonus, though.
11/09/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Yarrow
Also, the change in 8.1 to provide a larger war mode balance to the minority faction will likely balance the shards from a numbers point of view. It might attract Alliance PVE folks who are doing it only for the bonus, though.

I doubt it, unless the reward is substantial, like a 50% bonus increase.
11/10/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Bharbarella
11/09/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Yarrow

I doubt it, unless the reward is substantial, like a 50% bonus increase.

If they're smart, they're willing to let it get to a 50% bonus if that's what it takes. Me, I don't think it will need to get that high.
Well another issue is even when it's close to being fair a lot of alliance will just ignore obvious gankers and just continue questing. But I guess that's just how it is
If the OP can make his way to the Oceanic servers you'll find plenty of Alliance with warmode on to 'play' with. Most times it feels at least 50/50 if not Alliance leaning.

Just be aware your lag will spike to 200+. And you won't understand our humour.