Just an illusion

Arenas
I'm posting this anonymously because my class/spec/xp doesn't change the fact to what I'm about to say is true. I am speaking from my own experience of the things I've seen and done from the hundreds of people I have encountered from playing 3v3 in the past several years. This game, attracts a certain kind of person. It slowly begins to change you into someone that you weren't before.

The more time you spend playing this game, the more you start to care about it to the point of being mentally and sometimes physically unhealthy. The game tricks your brain into caring so much about winning, you quit caring about who's feelings you hurt and become selfish over a false number value. You begin to treat people like personal tools for cr gain and forget that they are actual people.

You might even que with someone you don't like as a person and only play with them because they are good at the game. You get caught up in the false illusion and don't care because that number value is more important to you then genuinely having fun with someone that isn't as good.

The amount of trash talking towards other players is laughable. It might as well be high school drama. That one time you find that group you do well with and everyone gets along. You've been a team for a few weeks or even months. Then the inevitable happens and you have a bad que session. Arguments break out, disagreements happen. Either you or someone on the team removes you from Btag because you lost 200cr in a night and you never hear from them again.

The game gives you a false sense of accomplishment and you can easily spend 10+ hours without even realizing it. Life is just passing you by as you sit there looking at a screen hitting the same buttons over and over again. Next thing you know days, weeks, months, years go by and you just keep sitting there doing the exact same thing you were doing the day before.

As cliche as it sounds, you only get to live ONCE. Don't do what I did and waste your early 20s on a game that no one will remember 15 years from now and follow your Btag friends that disappeared back into the real life.
Just post on your main Cdew.
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!!
Queue*
Sounds like you're just projecting.
honestly..this guy is right you know?>..I think OP just had a reality check..but honestly it's your fault man..should of gotten your priorities straight from the getgo
11/10/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Advfadsfgaws
I'm posting this anonymously because my class/spec/xp doesn't change the fact to what I'm about to say is true. I am speaking from my own experience of the things I've seen and done from the hundreds of people I have encountered from playing 3v3 in the past several years. This game, attracts a certain kind of person. It slowly begins to change you into someone that you weren't before.

The more time you spend playing this game, the more you start to care about it to the point of being mentally and sometimes physically unhealthy. The game tricks your brain into caring so much about winning, you quit caring about who's feelings you hurt and become selfish over a false number value. You begin to treat people like personal tools for cr gain and forget that they are actual people.

You might even que with someone you don't like as a person and only play with them because they are good at the game. You get caught up in the false illusion and don't care because that number value is more important to you then genuinely having fun with someone that isn't as good.

The amount of trash talking towards other players is laughable. It might as well be high school drama. That one time you find that group you do well with and everyone gets along. You've been a team for a few weeks or even months. Then the inevitable happens and you have a bad que session. Arguments break out, disagreements happen. Either you or someone on the team removes you from Btag because you lost 200cr in a night and you never hear from them again.

The game gives you a false sense of accomplishment and you can easily spend 10+ hours without even realizing it. Life is just passing you by as you sit there looking at a screen hitting the same buttons over and over again. Next thing you know days, weeks, months, years go by and you just keep sitting there doing the exact same thing you were doing the day before.

As cliche as it sounds, you only get to live ONCE. Don't do what I did and waste your early 20s on a game that no one will remember 15 years from now and follow your Btag friends that disappeared back into the real life.
Damn, I read the whole story and that sounds deep.I'm assuming that OP is a low rated player and is projecting his unfortunate experiences on WoW.Hopefully his depressing tale doesn't affect other peoples perception of the game.He's probably just another sore loser that hasn't established a real bonding with friends and is in the world alone while starting to realize it.
/golf clap
11/10/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Advfadsfgaws

qued up with a rando shaman while I was rogue, played some 2s, he got frustrated and took a break but we added. I level up a hpal and he rolls enhance for turbo, we hit 1700 cr with me having 106k health and super bad stat weights. I'm 360 now with great weights and we have been playing for fun around 1950 mmr for three days with three different warriors.

We all voiced, no one raged despite all of us being 2300 xp+ and them knowing I've only been an hpal two weeks. We get annoyed and say things like " that was dumb, why did that balance druid hit me for 42k back to back" but it's mostly chill. Rage begets raging.

Tldr: stop being toxic.
I just saved a lot of money. Real life is a lot more expensive than 15 a month.