Why don't we have more glyphs?

General Discussion
I'm not upset at this or anything, mind you - but I am a bit confused at how Legion and BfA has introduced so many more things into the game, so many more races, so much more lore, so much higher quality storytelling, etc etc.... And yet one glaring thing that the game could use at least ten times more of, glyphs, are no where to be seen. I believe BfA introduced far less than a dozen new ones into the game, with no more on the horizon, so far I'm aware.

So what gives, in this regard? Why are glyphs so uniquely allowed to fall to the wayside, when they so greatly help us to customize our character like nothing else can?
3 druid glyphs (2 of which turn your aqua form into a dolphin...).

i think I saw 2 more frost mage glyphs coming in 8.1
good idea;

glyphs are fun and scribes need more work.

win/win!
It's quite a shame how few glyphs there are.
Players were having too much fun

11/10/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Tekdh
glyphs are fun

Reported for having fun :)
Wasted concept.
I had inscription as a profession!
I switched to cooking!

Today, glyphs are useless and do not help at all!

Enchants are going the same way, since they have a chance to do something! And you have to keep praying like an idiot so they can activate when you need them!
RNG never hurts, right Auntie Blizz?
Wow, until I saw this thread, I had totally forgotten over the last six months, or even longer, that glyphs even existed in this game.

Poor scribes. Probably the only profession worse than engineering right now.

/moo
Wait.....glyphs are still in the game? /sarcasm

Just another profession they absolutely gutted and destroyed.
11/10/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Tekdh
good idea;

glyphs are fun and scribes need more work.

win/win!

Do scribes even do anything Anymore that a player would find of value ? I not sure if need more work is the right word. seems more like needs any work :P
Inscription these days only good for the tomes for talent changes , and maybe some unused vanity items. It blew my mind when they gutted this as they did
A profession being useful?

Well Blizzard certainly won't have that!
I would love more glyphs again. Glyphs like the old lock tank glyph. Or things to add more customization in general.
I want my astral recall glyph back. going to the earth shrine made sense.
i think that nuking glyphs is one of the worst decisions blizz has made

i loved inscription

and there was a lot of potential
Why.. because the current Blizzard dev team used the excuse that it was hard to balance things.. That is why.. that is why we lost most of our enchantments, our profession buffs etc et al.
It was totally one of those professions that drove the economy, I really miss the ability to ignore the gearing or raiding or questing and just chill out with a coffee in the am or a drink in the evening and just farm mats, or delve into pattern farming or profession work and realize how great the game is.

Gone are those days for me because of the profession changes ..its like why bother leveling LW for example if the gear is only disenchanted or scrapped? no point
11/10/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Sèdryn
I'm not upset at this or anything, mind you - but I am a bit confused at how Legion and BfA has introduced so many more things into the game, so many more races, so much more lore, so much higher quality storytelling, etc etc.... And yet one glaring thing that the game could use at least ten times more of, glyphs, are no where to be seen. I believe BfA introduced far less than a dozen new ones into the game, with no more on the horizon, so far I'm aware.

So what gives, in this regard? Why are glyphs so uniquely allowed to fall to the wayside, when they so greatly help us to customize our character like nothing else can?

I don't even have to read that, I agree.

The glyph system is a crafting goldmine if they want to start bring professions back from the dead.

For example, I hate the look of the new consecrate. They should put in a glyph to bring it back.
They didn't introduce nearly as many glyphs as they took away.

Part of the issue was they wanted to limit our access to abilities. So now all glyphs are essentially cosmetic, where many glyphs previously were not only useful but essential for proper gameplay. Druid bear form used to have a Glyph of Fae Silence that was a ranged silence. Now they have no silence.
I want my jesus horse glyph back.