Alliance Population Falsehood

War Mode and World PvP
I turned off Warmode today for the first time and went to various places around the game; old and new. What I saw astonished me. There was nothing but alliance players everywhere and a rare horde here and there.

The faction imbalance is nowhere near as bad as Alliance are making it out to be. They just all have Warmode turned off so they are not on the same shards as us with Warmode on.

Alliance: if you are angry that you are constantly overwhelmed by horde when doing WQ's, tell your Alliance brothers and sisters to all turn Warmode on. It isn't the Hordes fault that we all have it on and most of you have it off.
The total numbers aren't actually that far off, no. Horde had a slight but workable numeric advantage. The problem is once a few people get shanked by a rogue and click it off, the balance of the people still in warmode shifts further away from that side. A few more get annoyed at the increased odds and turn it off too. Pretty soon the only people left are stealth classes because everyone else is getting steamrolled at all hours by rotating groups of 10+.

The old PVP servers really should've just forced it on. You knew what you signed up for when you rolled on one, and when everyone is obligated to defend themselves, counter-raids are much more likely to emerge instead of flippantly telling people to turn it off.
11/10/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Alerka
I turned off Warmode today for the first time and went to various places around the game; old and new. What I saw astonished me. There was nothing but alliance players everywhere and a rare horde here and there.

The faction imbalance is nowhere near as bad as Alliance are making it out to be. They just all have Warmode turned off so they are not on the same shards as us with Warmode on.

Alliance: if you are angry that you are constantly overwhelmed by horde when doing WQ's, tell your Alliance brothers and sisters to all turn Warmode on. It isn't the Hordes fault that we all have it on and most of you have it off.

Yea. Overall population is 45/55, Horde leading. It's definitely not as bad as people claim.
Yeah, basically alliance just turn it off and dont think about it. someone gets ganked and never touches it again, i dont know why my faction are all cowards. i love warmode, and i love getting to 1v2 even. If the rest of us would just turn it on, we could easily fight back
I've mained an Ally and Horde Druid with Warmode on the entire expansion so far.

My Horde toon has seen a few alliance and I've never died.

My alliance druid runs into horde groups camping WQ and flight paths everyday. I've had some fun times mustering a group to drive them off, but its very time consuming because most alliance would rather avoid fights and just move on. Generally when I want to fight back it takes an hour to make anything happen, then I have to logoff to go do IRL things and my play session accomplished zilch in terms of power progression.

I turned warmode off for the first time yesterday because it actually stifles my progression.

They need to make HKs reward conquest or a gear currency(omegalul) so that wpvp isn't a total waste of time.
Nobody is complaining about a large overall faction imbalance. They're complaining specifically about the imbalance in war mode shards, especially here on the, you know, war mode forums.
The faction imbalance is nowhere near as bad as Alliance are making it out to be.

This is precisely what we've been discussing for months now. We're all aware of what the problem is.
The faction imbalance is nowhere near as bad as Alliance are making it out to be.
11/11/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Eliise
i dont know why my faction are all cowards.
11/10/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Jugajr
Overall population is 45/55, Horde leading. It's definitely not as bad as people claim.

https://imgur.com/a/VxVqIbB

You people seriously need to understand how population demographics work and why the situation has become the way it is.

But I don't blame players for being unable to understand, considering Blizzard themselves learned absolutely zero lessons from PvP servers and are clueless on what's happening in warmode (or why).

Talk about a lost cause.
It's a snowball effect.

The Horde were already a popular PVP faction before BfA.
Alliance tried Warmode, and were slowly bled out by losing engagements all the time.
But I keep hearing people on forums complain that everyone is horde or faction changed to horde.....or there is horde bias. None of these are true and I've seen it. The ally faction just prefers pvp off, so if you roll ally don't expect to pvp successfully much.

TLDR: Not Horde players or Blizzard's fault.
Shaw was right all along

"could use another rogue or two"

he was overtly giving us a tip for the new expansion

/mind blown
Alliance are pvers who don't even like the faction war anyway. Boggles my mind.
11/11/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Roargathor

It's Horde, not Alliance, that keep proposing mixed faction battlegrounds.
11/11/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Yarrow

I've seen people on both sides propose this nonsense.
11/11/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Yarrow

If they ever implement this garbage then I sincerely hope that it is on a specialized server. I played on a server on EverQuest back in the 90's where anyone could attack anyone and let me tell you that it wasn't as fun as it sounds. To top it off you could loot a piece of gear off the person and take all their gold, but I digress...

Nice arena achievements you got there, mr Horde PvPer.

Edit: also RBG!

Edit2: Also honor level!
11/10/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Sevaryn
The total numbers aren't actually that far off, no. Horde had a slight but workable numeric advantage. The problem is once a few people get shanked by a rogue and click it off, the balance of the people still in warmode shifts further away from that side. A few more get annoyed at the increased odds and turn it off too. Pretty soon the only people left are stealth classes because everyone else is getting steamrolled at all hours by rotating groups of 10+.

The old PVP servers really should've just forced it on. You knew what you signed up for when you rolled on one, and when everyone is obligated to defend themselves, counter-raids are much more likely to emerge instead of flippantly telling people to turn it off.

Losing mentality alliance has.

That not good to give up so easily in my eyes.

I played on PvP servers 1 alliance to 10 horde and I was alliance at the time. I did not hide and coward away I attack. Thier towns and whatever and whatever I could with a team or not. With a few friends doing that for a few months it went 1 to 8. The weak weed themselves out after awhile either server transfer, hide away in town, wait till a 40 man raid to kill 2 ppl, and whatever.
11/14/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Zezeall
Losing mentality alliance has.

Yoda, you're right about some having that mentality, but right now it's that the mentality is that the alliance automatically means loser or can't pvp/pve. Which isn't the case.

For YEARS people have migrated to Horde (evident by Horde PvP Queue times/also demonstrates how much less Alliance PvP) and let's face it guys, not everyone who went Horde is what I would call 'the real deal'. Sure you guys got the numbers, but Alliance, remember, if you're flagged up and STILL fighting, you're that much tougher for it.

If we can get new people in to fight it out with us and harden them up as we had to over the years of Blizz's absence from the Alliance, then we'll be stronger for it.

For the Alliance,
King's Honor!