How to stop Rogues from base stealing?

Battlegrounds
Please this is a legitimate question trying to find advice for. Im not trying to flame or anything just needing some help and ideas.

So Im new to RBG right now im setting at 1200-1300. Im a protection paladin and I play my hardest and try to communicate as much as I can in battlegrounds.

I've been running into a problem though where my team will tell me to defend a base, such as Stables in AB. What I'll do is call inc and spam consecration for stealth users. But it doesn't seem to work...
I'll get sapped by a rogue and he will capture the point.
I've tried to fight against this... I've spec into having a larger consecration and also bubbling to break my first Sap. He will eventually run away and do it again or blind me. Is there something that im forgetting to do?

Is there anyway I can overcome this? Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!
11/11/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Isenheart

How close are you standing to the flag?
11/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Forums

Pretty close. I also stand directly in my consecration.

Do you think I should be keeping a distance from the flag?
When base sitting you need to sit a decent distance away from the flag. That way he hasn't got time after sapping you to run to flag and cap. Then you can just trinket the blind.
11/11/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Drainlifexd
When base sitting you need to sit a decent distance away from the flag. That way he hasn't got time after sapping you to run to flag and cap. Then you can just trinket the blind.

Ahhhhhhhh okay yes.... that makes a lot of sense. xD
Cant believe I never though of that!!
Thank you sooo much! I now know and now you've made me a better player!
Hope you have a great day! :)
11/11/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Isenheart
11/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Forums

Yes.

Try standing 30 or 40 yards away from the flag. It may be helpful to be on a mount.

When you get sapped, just wait for it to end. The moment it ends, throw your shield at the rogue to stop the capping process.

Try to save your trinket for Blind.

Try to save your bubble for emergencies when your trinket is down or another enemy unexpectedly appears.

Don't forget to call for help when you need it (e.g. you're fighting against multiple enemies, or the rogue is still around and your trinket and your bubble are both currently unavailable).
11/11/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Forums
11/11/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Isenheart

Yes.

Try standing 30 or 40 yards away from the flag. It may be helpful to be on a mount.

When you get sapped, just wait for it to end. The moment it ends, throw your shield at the rogue to stop the capping process.

Try to save your bubble for emergencies when your trinket is down or another enemy unexpectedly appears.

Don't forget to call for help when you need it (e.g. you're fighting against multiple enemies, or the rogue is still around and your trinket and your bubble are both currently unavailable).

Awesome thank you man! I really appreciate it!!
I was thinking the same... about 30-40 yards so I can be in range for avengers shield.
I'll leave this thread up just in case anyone else runs across this problem. Hopefully it will help others too!
11/11/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Isenheart

You're welcome!

:)
11/11/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Forums
Yes.

I was thinking the same... about 30-40 yards so I can be in range for avengers shield.
I'll leave this thread up just in case anyone else runs across this problem. Hopefully it will help others too!

Just want to add to this, while you may distance yourself to have time to tap the rogue before they cap, if they use smoke bomb it may deter your action. So there is that factor as well.
Don't play Relentless in RBG's when base sitting.
Seems like you are too close to the flag.
11/11/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Lasombrà

Just want to add to this, while you may distance yourself to have time to tap the rogue before they cap, if they use smoke bomb it may deter your action. So there is that factor as well.

It doesn't last long enough for them to cap safely; the rogue needs 6secs to cap the node -- Smoke Bomb lasts 5secs.

Plus, if the OP stands far enough away that the rogue has to waste time running to the flag, then the rogue has even less time to steal before the OP can move again.
If you learn your distances, you can sucker the rogue into trying the sap and run to flag and cap, I think it's about 25 yards. They'll fail and you get a good laugh
Or make a stealth so no one can see you.
Please this is a legitimate question trying to find advice for. Im not trying to flame or anything just needing some help and ideas.

So Im new to RBG right now im setting at 1200-1300. Im a protection paladin and I play my hardest and try to communicate as much as I can in battlegrounds.

I've been running into a problem though where my team will tell me to defend a base, such as Stables in AB. What I'll do is call inc and spam consecration for stealth users. But it doesn't seem to work...
I've tried to fight against this... I've spec into having a larger consecration and also bubbling to break my first Sap. He will eventually run away and do it again or blind me. Is there something that im forgetting to do?

Is there anyway I can overcome this? Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!

Punching them in their mouth is a good deterrent I always found.
I am not sure what kind of DOTS pallies have, but try to dot them up as well, makes them waste a Cloak
In Legion I actually had success with pretending i was attacking the base sitter. So I'd cheap shot, start lining up dmg, kidney - and more often that not they'd blow a trinket.

Then it's base cappin' time.
Dont worry about the flags, the pugs will get it.
Repeating what others said pretty much...

As a rogue, if you stand close enough to the flag where we can sap then click the flag without moving, you are too close.

If you are close and break the sap, we will just blind then cap during that timeframe with the same process. I blind then spam / start capping.

As a prot pally, my suggestion would be to stand far from the flag where they can not sap n cap, but close enough that you throw your shield at them from where you are standing.

Get too far and they can double team you where you are locked down too far away then. But that rarely happens perfectly.
This is the most wholesome thread I've ever seen in the PvP forums.