Another beautiful island expedition

General Discussion
So we get in. The timer is counting down, and our #3 is not on the boat, so I don't know if they're planning on afk'ing and leaving us with 2. Okay, so I vote kick, then I notice they're both in the same guild. Great. I know they're prob in discord like "heh heh heh !@#$ this guy we'll get 'em at the very end" so, I apologize in advance, because I'm not a pos. Well just look at what happened next:

https://i.imgur.com/jONvz6H.png

More and more I'm being put off doing ANYTHING in this game because these are the kind of people I deal with whenever I do. If I report them and am then told the game is "working as intended" so I don't even bother reporting this toxicity. What am I supposed to do?
11/11/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Noxiousred
More and more I'm being put off doing ANYTHING in this game because these are the kind of people I deal with whenever I do.

"these kinds of people?"

...like the kind of people who would rather initiate a kick, instead of speaking to the group?

What am I supposed to do?

Stop being so kick happy.
Communicate with your party members.
11/11/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Nobully
More and more I'm being put off doing ANYTHING in this game because these are the kind of people I deal with whenever I do.

"these kinds of people?"

...like the kind of people who would rather initiate a kick, instead of speaking to the group?

What am I supposed to do?

I'd say it's worse to not be able to accept a simple apology and instead gang up on people because you and your buddy are doing Island Expeditions together and know you can abuse the vote kick system easily. And then to act the way he did. Alright dude. It's obvious these are toxic people who would have vote kicked me even if I asked in chat. I know how this works.
Wait a few minutes into the expedition before trying to kick, or try asking if they're there beforehand

i've had people who couldn't load in fast enough or DCed and retuned a few min later

these guys sound like dicks though, either way
lol I know who that was.
Should have given him a snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Noxiousred
I'd say it's worse to not be able to accept a simple apology and instead gang up on people because you and your buddy are doing Island Expeditions together and know you can abuse the vote kick system easily.

you really have no business claiming that they were "abusing" vtk.

you initiated a kick for no good reason, but when it's done to you, it's an outrage.
A classic case of someone calling another an idiot but doesn’t know the correct “you’re”.
Anyway it’s best to just move on from these things. For your own peace of mind until a change is made, group with someone else or join a group in the dungeon finder doing islands.
11/11/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Femaledwarf
lol I know who that was.

ok....be careful you don't over elaborate
11/11/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Nobully
I'd say it's worse to not be able to accept a simple apology and instead gang up on people because you and your buddy are doing Island Expeditions together and know you can abuse the vote kick system easily.

you really have no business claiming that they were "abusing" vtk.

you initiated a kick for no good reason, but when it's done to you, it's an outrage.

I vote kicked a person who was not in the instance and I wasn't interested in doing it with only 2 people. I think that's fine. A person who, because they're in disc with their buddy, knows they can abuse it and kick a person who is APOLOGIZING. As soon as the guy was actually THERE I was fine and willing to play. Gtfo
So I get into an IE yesterday (not this toon, on my Horde Druid) with a friend.
The 3rd person's portrait has a big red Z thru it.
We start killing near the boat, waiting to see if #3 will arrive.
After about 3 mins he does.
But he is phased.
So we keep killing stuff waiting to see if he will eventually join us.
After a couple of mins he appeared in the same phase with us.
We kill all the stuff.
We beat the Alliance.
We leave.
Why in the world are people so quick to want to kick?
It didn't cost us anything to wait for this person, who possibly had a connect problem just as the IE loaded.
I don't usually have much to say on the forums, but I really think it's unreasonable to try to kick like you did. It's not like you HAVE to win or you get nothing. You still get all the azerite you collected going towards your 40k requirement. So what if you are a couple hundred short of 6k for the run.
I would hope if I had a connect problem right at the start, the other 2 would cut me a bit of slack.
It sucks but just move on. It doesn't matter in the long run, breath thru your nose and exhale thru your mouth and wait the 30 min deserter debuff and reque, move on.
I think groups of players taking advantage of an auto-grouping feature should probably forfeit their ability to votekick if there is only 1 non-grouped player in the group.

In a 5 man, you can have a group of 3, and 2 solo players, and if the 3 vote to kick 1 of the solo players, they need the support of the other solo player to make it go through because the game knows the 3 are grouped.

But in this example, there's only 3 players. The group is 2, and the solo player is alone, so the system just allows the group to kick the solo player unopposed. Same situation if that 5 man was a 4 man group with 1 solo player, if they want the solo player gone, it's gone.

That's not okay. Premades shouldn't get to make that decision all on their own. A Premade in content with a votekick function is almost always effectively 1 person in terms of making a vote, since a preformed group is bound to agree with itself.

I think the system as it works when there is more than 1 solo player is fine, but I think if it comes down to 1 solo player, the premade should have to forfeit their ability to make decisions like that.

They're a larger group. Either they deal with it or they find another player to fill out the group.
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Khristabel
But he is phased.
We kill all the stuff.
We beat the Alliance.
We leave.
It didn't cost us anything to wait for this person, who possibly had a connect problem just as the IE loaded.
I don't usually have much to say on the forums, but I really think it's unreasonable to try to kick like you did. It's not like you HAVE to win or you get nothing. You still get all the azerite you collected going towards your 40k requirement. So what if you are a couple hundred short of 6k for the run.
I would hope if I had a connect problem right at the start, the other 2 would cut me a bit of slack.

There was like 10 seconds left on the timer when I did it. And that's cool man, I understand people don't mind stuff like that, but I am generally not inclined to do activities if we're short a person. I don't think either of us is wrong. Not realizing "Oh !@#$, I wasn't there, that vote kick was justifiable, and hey look! The guy apologized. All is well. Let's finish" not sitting there rubbing your hands together like "heh heh now I can get my revenge cuz I have the numbers on my side" and just being a toxic !*%#@!%@ cuz your ego was insulted for a tiny second isn't very cool.
11/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Vaenaru
I think groups of players taking advantage of an auto-grouping feature should probably forfeit their ability to votekick if there is only 1 non-grouped player in the group.

In a 5 man, you can have a group of 3, and 2 solo players, and if the 3 vote to kick 1 of the solo players, they need the support of the other solo player to make it go through because the game knows the 3 are grouped.

But in this example, there's only 3 players. The group is 2, and the solo player is alone, so the system just allows the group to kick the solo player unopposed. Same situation if that 5 man was a 4 man group with 1 solo player, if they want the solo player gone, it's gone.

That's not okay. Premades shouldn't get to make that decision all on their own.

I think the system as it works when there is more than 1 solo player is fine, but I think if it comes down to 1 solo player, the premade should have to forfeit their ability to make decisions like that.

They're a larger group. Either they deal with it or they find another player to fill out the group.

You worded it better than I ever could. It's either you and your friend against me, or my friend and I against you, however I'm not a complete mental-illness-having child who would be so vindictive toward people. I tend to accept apologies but hey that's me.
11/11/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Nobully

"these kinds of people?"

I'd say it's worse to not be able to accept a simple apology and instead gang up on people because you and your buddy are doing Island Expeditions together and know you can abuse the vote kick system easily. And then to act the way he did. Alright dude. It's obvious these are toxic people who would have vote kicked me even if I asked in chat. I know how this works.

Apologies are like snowflakes in a blizzard. Actually being a team player is rare. You failed.
11/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Noxiousred
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Khristabel
But he is phased.
We kill all the stuff.
We beat the Alliance.
We leave.

There was like 10 seconds left on the timer when I did it. And that's cool man, I understand people don't mind stuff like that, but I am generally not inclined to do activities if we're short a person. I don't think either of us is wrong. Not realizing "Oh !@#$, I wasn't there, that vote kick was justifiable, and hey look! The guy apologized. All is well. Let's finish" not sitting there rubbing your hands together like "heh heh now I can get my revenge cuz I have the numbers on my side" and just being a toxic !*%#@!%@ cuz your ego was insulted for a tiny second isn't very cool.

We would have kicked if #3 hadn't turned up. We didn't want to try to 2 man it.
But my point was just that we were prepared to wait to give #3 a chance.
We weren't 'kick happy' which seems to be a thing now.
11/11/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Noxiousred
I vote kicked a person who was not in the instance and I wasn't interested in doing it with only 2 people. I think that's fine.

you know what else is fine?
using words.

you've got no problem using words now.. yet instead of asking if they were planning on joining, you went straight into kick mode.

As soon as the guy was actually THERE I was fine and willing to play. Gtfo

you are not the victim here.

you can't walk around slapping people, and then act righteous when someone decides to slap back.
i group with a friend when queuing islands usually, and i've had people who noticed we were grouped and were afraid we'd kick them if they made a misstep. it's a shame how much mistrust there is in the community because of things like this, i've only ever had to kick once ever.
11/11/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Nobully
I vote kicked a person who was not in the instance and I wasn't interested in doing it with only 2 people. I think that's fine.

you know what else is fine?
using words.

you've got no problem using words now.. yet instead of asking if they were planning on joining, you went straight into kick mode.

As soon as the guy was actually THERE I was fine and willing to play. Gtfo

you are not the victim here.

you can't walk around slapping people, and then act righteous when someone decides to slap back.

You probably do the same stuff and use similar tactics to bully people, but because technically you're "not doing anything wrong" you get away with it for years and ruin the game for other people. I'm sure you're a great person.