Another beautiful island expedition

General Discussion
11/11/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Noxiousred
You probably do the same stuff and use similar tactics to bully people, but because technically you're "not doing anything wrong" you get away with it for years and ruin the game for other people. I'm sure you're a great person.

that's rich.. coming from someone who resorts to vtk as their first option.
your choice backfired in your face, your apology was too little too late.

...and now you're attacking posters for simply pointing out the flaws in your logic.
11/11/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Noxiousred
<span class="truncated">...</span>

you really have no business claiming that they were "abusing" vtk.

you initiated a kick for no good reason, but when it's done to you, it's an outrage.

I vote kicked a person who was not in the instance and I wasn't interested in doing it with only 2 people. I think that's fine. A person who, because they're in disc with their buddy, knows they can abuse it and kick a person who is APOLOGIZING. As soon as the guy was actually THERE I was fine and willing to play. Gtfo

"Hey, you coming?"

It's really that simple.

Also, it doesn't sound like you were fine and willing to play or apologize until you realized that YOU were most likely the one who was going to be vote kicked.

And now you're mad that you were.

/shrug
TIL: Vote kicking someone who spends close to a minute outside of the instance while others are waiting is a huge problem. You yourself should be kicked for daring to initiate a vote kick. Because everyone in this game is super patient and willing to wait for strangers.

If it was me and two random people and none of us knew each other, this wouldn't have even been an issue. It's that they decided to troll and be dicks because they could that I'm mad at, but keep straw manning. Like I said, I know I'm arguing with high caliber people here.
11/11/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Noxiousred
If it was me and two random people and none of us knew each other, this wouldn't have even been an issue.

i can assure you, it would have been an issue for the person you chose to kick.

It's that they decided to troll and be dicks because they could that I'm mad at

so when you do it, it's fine.
when someone else does it, it's trolling.
got it.
11/11/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Nobully
If it was me and two random people and none of us knew each other, this wouldn't have even been an issue.

It's that they decided to troll and be dicks because they could that I'm mad at

got it.

Legitimately vote kicking someone who is AFKing (even if they weren't, it doesn't matter. They're not there when they should be) =/= vote kicking someone as revenge just because you and your buddy can and you feel slighted in your delusional brain because someone -dared- vote kick you. But keep it up dude, I can do this all night.
That was the most entertainment I've seen in a while. Toxic person vs toxic person.
TIL: Vote kicking someone who spends close to a minute outside of the instance while others are waiting is a huge problem. You yourself should be kicked for daring to initiate a vote kick. Because everyone in this game is super patient and willing to wait for strangers.

If it was me and two random people and none of us knew each other, this wouldn't have even been an issue. It's that they decided to troll and be dicks because they could that I'm mad at, but keep straw manning. Like I said, I know I'm arguing with high caliber people here.

What you should have learned was that it's customary to make even the slightest attempt at communication before immediately resorting to kicking someone.

But if you had learned that by now, none of this would have happened anyway.
11/11/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Noxiousred
11/11/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Nobully

got it.

Legitimately vote kicking someone who is AFKing (even if they weren't, it doesn't matter. They're not there when they should be) =/= vote kicking someone as revenge just because you and your buddy can and you feel slighted in your delusional brain because someone -dared- vote kick you. But keep it up dude, I can do this all night.

Dude. Let go. You both were wrong. You didn't even say anything in chat before doing that.
You went to kick even before the pre-timer was done?
if you cannot accept the fact that World of Warcraft has a cesspool for a community then it's time to move on to bigger and better things, OP.
While I admit to kicking a person here and there for being AFK - I always ask first and when no response, the other person usually initiates the kick lol.

Cookie?
I do agree that OP should have simply asked if the other was coming. It was only afterwards he noticed that they were guildies.

That's a shame right there. Being afraid to speak up if 2 of the group is in a guild together.

Kick happy? I won't try any more. I gave up because, while it may be slower getting rep/exp thru questing and WQs, at least I won't be kicked for just being:

1. A hunter
2. Talking
3. Not talking
4. Staying with other's
5. Not staying with other's
6. Asking what we were going to do.. (duh noob...kick)
7. Being a Blood Elf
8. Being a female Blood Elf
9. Not being another race/class

Those are some of the reasons given for kicking me. The blood elf was told to me in whispers.

Others was told before getting kicked.

My favorite was that the odds and xp were upped if there were only 2 in the group.

No not all groups are bad. But I think my Rng is messed up. I manage to get
the bad ones, so I give up. Havent managed to even get one finished. I get kicked before I can catch my breath or blink. Maybe it's the time of the night, I don't know.

And no it's a me thing. It's been for those above reasons. I'd understand if it was something I did or didn't do correctly.
11/11/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Liara
I do agree that OP should have simply asked if the other was coming. It was only afterwards he noticed that they were guildies.

That's a shame right there. Being afraid to speak up if 2 of the group is in a guild together.

Kick happy? I won't try any more. I gave up because, while it may be slower getting rep/exp thru questing and WQs, at least I won't be kicked for just being:

1. A hunter
2. Talking
3. Not talking
4. Staying with other's
5. Not staying with other's
6. Asking what we were going to do.. (duh noob...kick)
7. Being a Blood Elf
8. Being a female Blood Elf
9. Not being another race/class

Those are some of the reasons given for kicking me. The blood elf was told to me in whispers.

Others was told before getting kicked.

My favorite was that the odds and xp were upped if there were only 2 in the group.

No not all groups are bad. But I think my Rng is messed up. I manage to get
the bad ones, so I give up. Havent managed to even get one finished. I get kicked before I can catch my breath or blink. Maybe it's the time of the night, I don't know.

And no it's a me thing. It's been for those above reasons. I'd understand if it was something I did or didn't do correctly.

Careful, you're going to upset the fine gentlemen who thrive off this kind of behavior.
To be fair, they are saying you should have asked if the other was coming before initiating a vote kick.

Doing so may or may not have stopped the kick.

Being jerks about it? Yes they were. They could have just accepted the apology and moved on.
11/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Noxiousred

There was like 10 seconds left on the timer when I did it. And that's cool man, I understand people don't mind stuff like that, but I am generally not inclined to do activities if we're short a person. I don't think either of us is wrong. Not realizing "Oh !@#$, I wasn't there, that vote kick was justifiable, and hey look! The guy apologized. All is well. Let's finish" not sitting there rubbing your hands together like "heh heh now I can get my revenge cuz I have the numbers on my side" and just being a toxic !*%#@!%@ cuz your ego was insulted for a tiny second isn't very cool.

If the instance hadn't even started, and you were already starting a vote kick, you were the one being a jerk, take your medicine and learn from it.

Even as you sow, so shall you reap.
11/11/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Liara
To be fair, they are saying you should have asked if the other was coming before initiating a vote kick.

Doing so may or may not have stopped the kick.

Being jerks about it? Yes they were. They could have just accepted the apology and moved on.

100% convinced if I asked anything, they'd have kicked as well. You even said so in your post about the people you've dealt with.
Only thing I can think of after reading this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUKt2BTWRI