Gearing up alts this xpac: A joke?

General Discussion
This has to be the absolute most anti-alt expansion ever. I cannot believe the godawful RNG in raids here. Gold and sanguicrap. Alt after alt, even on mains.

RNG has always been there but never as bad as its been now. I look forward to spending time each week for the same junk.

EDIT: Im talking about gear drops IN RAIDS and DUNGEONS overall. Not getting to item level 340. Big difference.
A lvl 100 shadow alt?! Their power grows by the day...
11/11/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Daltorax
A lvl 100 shadow alt?! Their power grows by the day...

Your observations skills are ON POINT!
I mean, I have 4 characters above 340 item level and I haven't even been trying to gear them. Gear falls from the heavens this expansion, an easier time for alts has never been had.

Sure, it sucks if you're aiming for specific items, but as far as just raising your item level goes? It's ridiculously easy and takes little time at all.
Gearing up to 340-350 is not hard and does not take very long at all.
Im not talking about item levels; im talking about gear from RAIDS.
Ya I have 5 toons that are all 340+ and i dont even try. Perhaps a mythic+ every few weeks. Do the Warfront for free 370. World bosses for free 355 and 370.
If you want that alt to be mythic raid ready then no its not that easy unless you have 4 friends that can carry you in mythic+. Spam 10s till you are 370.
i got one toon to 60 in vanilla and one toon to 55 before bc came out. alts are great if u like to eat tiny pieces of candy for no reason BECOME UR CLASS EMBODY IT....be somebody. for reals though...u pay to boost it u level it up off super secret ways that doesnt involve quests and u afk warfronts and lfr boom ready to go..
11/11/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Northaunt
This has to be the absolute most anti-alt expansion ever

NOPE

legion was
11/11/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Northaunt
This has to be the absolute most anti-alt expansion ever. I cannot believe the godawful RNG in raids here. Gold and sanguicrap. Alt after alt, even on mains.

RNG has always been there but never as bad as its been now. I look forward to spending time each week for the same junk.

EDIT: Im talking about gear drops IN RAIDS and DUNGEONS overall. Not getting to item level 340. Big difference.

You seem to be complaining about the RNG from loot drops during raids.

This does not have anything at all to do w/ alts.

Your message is being completely lost, because you are confusing the issues and people are right to respond to the fact that it is easy to gear an alt in this xpac.

...but again, that has nothing to do w/ getting bad RNG on your loot rolls, which is a completely separate issue.
11/11/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Northaunt
Im not talking about item levels; im talking about gear from RAIDS.

Then you constructed your topic poorly, since most alts never step foot into raiding above normal mode.
I'm not really having a problem with gearing alts just ran a heroic Uldir and got 2 370 weapons for the warlock from doing 3 bosses lol.
I got my priest to 120 the other day, did everything i could to hit 320, then i just ran the Warfront until everything was 340.

Your subject and content don't really match.

Gearing alts to 340 is really easy, yes it slows done after 350.

Raids are a bit different but mainly limited by the fact we only have one 7 bosss raid open atm. So if you want a 2 hander strength weapon your in luck, if you want a 2nd healing trinket your looking at a world boss or a full clear.
I have 2 alts that barely seen playtime (like 1 night a week) and they are both already overgeared for normal uldir.

Alt gearing is ez as ever from my experience.
Full time job
Wife and kid

376 main
3x 360+ alts
1x 350+ alt

Maybe you just don't know how to gear properly.
Alts are very easy to gear. Loot is very easy to get. Go back to BC and tell me how hard it is now.
For me it's that Azerite just sucks. I had a couple of alts in Legion I just leveled for the Artifacts and that class fantasy, I didn't even bother with raids or "endgame". I'm gonna get through Legion on this guy and basically not touch him again until the next expansion because re-gearing through this system and re-grinding faction standing just isn't why I play the game.

I loved how each class had its own distinct story, but now everything is condensed back into Alliance vs Horde and it's just not very compelling this time around. Going from finally fighting the Legion to "Sylvanas is being lolsorandumb evil again" is such a downer.
11/11/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Paladina
Gearing up to 340-350 is not hard and does not take very long at all.

I can barely get into dungeons with LFG. Will just doing WQs get you to 340?