To veterans. Happy Veterans Day!

General Discussion
Thanks to you I can play WoW safely in my home. Thank you for your service.
Seconded.
Thank you for all you do, and for your sacrifice. YOU are what makes this country great.
Thank you for your service!
Do us Vets a favor:

Vote for a leader that represents the best your country has to offer, not the worst.

Vote for leaders who will take care of our veterans instead of leaving them on the sidewalk to beg for change.

Vote for leaders who will make keeping this planet we all live on, worth living on.

Vote for leaders who would walk a mile in a soldier's boots instead of hiding away from the rain for a 100-year memorial honoring soldiers in "The War to end all Wars."

Elect people who would melt our swords to plowshares; Who would enable our citizens of all shapes, creeds and colors to be educated, healthy, and with opportunity.

Do these things...

And the Vets will thank YOU.
11/12/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Hesselhoff
Do us Vets a favor:

Vote for a leader that represents the best your country has to offer, not the worst.

Vote for leaders who will take care of our veterans instead of leaving them on the sidewalk to beg for change.

Vote for leaders who will make keeping this planet we all live on, worth living on.

Vote for leaders who would walk a mile in a soldier's boots instead of hiding away from the rain for a 100-year memorial honoring soldiers in "The War to end all Wars."

Elect people who would melt our swords to plowshares; Who would enable our citizens of all shapes, creeds and colors to be educated, healthy, and with opportunity.

Do these things...

Or just thank me for my service and move on. No need for this bs
11/12/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Bake
11/12/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Hesselhoff
Do us Vets a favor:

Do these things...

Or just thank me for my service and move on. No need for this bs

Correct as a Marine, I am already out after 10 years i could careless with that qoute just leave me be!!!!
To my Father in Heaven:
Thank You for your protection and guiding Hand.

To all my brothers and sisters:
Thank you for having my six.

To those who have never served but have supported:
Thank you for having my hope.

To all others. All who have enjoyed the blessings of liberty,
Thank you for giving me reason to keep on keeping on every day. You are the reason I fight and bleed and die for. Without you the struggle would be in vain.

And now a word from Lt. John McRae:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly,
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead; short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Thank You.
11/12/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Holzie
Correct as a Marine, I am already out after 10 years i could careless with that qoute just leave me be!!!!

How do you know someone was a marine?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.
11/12/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Bake
11/12/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Holzie

How do you know someone was a marine?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Also don't tell them they are a part of the Navy :D
I thank you.

Perhaps this link is appropriate:

https://www.themilitarytimes.co.uk/uncategorised/story-of-the-unknown-warrior/
https://twitter.com/Ajarainn/status/417378139564965888?s=20
Don't thank me.

I'd honestly just rather share common experiences.

Like that one time back in BCT when our DS made the blue falcon who stole the cookie from the DFAC, eat cookies in front of us while making us do front-back-go's out in the smoke pit.

Or that one time we all got completely smashed in the barracks and two privates were out in the hallway fighting with kendo sticks.

That one time you missed the last bus back to the barracks and had to make the walk of shame back after having gotten hammered drunk downrange.

Or the first time you shot Expert at the range.

Or that time we had the FNG check the track tension, check for soft spots on the armor plating, take an exhaust sample down to POL and have him bring back some blinker fluid.

Happy Veterans Day
Thank you.
11/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Xaeris
Or that time we had the FNG check the track tension, check for soft spots on the armor plating, take an exhaust sample down to POL and have him bring back some blinker fluid.

Sent a guy to supply for some grid squares once. That was actually pretty funny.
11/12/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Gilannah
Thank you for your service!
I come from a long line of veterans, though I myself didn't serve as I just felt that I wasn't right for it.

Although I obviously thank and wish the best for combat vets, I always want to make a special shout-out to military men and women who served non-combat roles. Doctors, technicians, suppliers, communications positions like my own dad, etc.

There are no bit parts, and you all deserve our gratitude.
11/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Xaeris
Don't thank me.

I'd honestly just rather share common experiences.

Like that one time back in BCT when our DS made the blue falcon who stole the cookie from the DFAC, eat cookies in front of us while making us do front-back-go's out in the smoke pit.

Or that one time we all got completely smashed in the barracks and two privates were out in the hallway fighting with kendo sticks.

That one time you missed the last bus back to the barracks and had to make the walk of shame back after having gotten hammered drunk downrange.

Or the first time you shot Expert at the range.

Happy Veterans Day

lol those are some good ones.

Or the time we had a new private go find us a on claw hammer with one claw. Then when he couldn't find one, he broke one of the claws off of one.

Or the times we would get drunk and tape the new privates up with 100 mph tape.

Or the time we had to stack rocks at Ft. Lenard Wood when the drill sergeants couldn't find anything else for us to do lol.
We used to put camel spiders on people who fell asleep on duty and then fire off a round or two. Google it.
11/12/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Chelan
Or the times we would get drunk and tape the new privates up with 100 mph tape.

Funnily enough, this actually happened during my first deployment -- some artillery dudes taped a guy onto the barrel of their paladin while he slept.