Stormheim was justified

Story Forum
1 2 3 8 Next
One one hand you have the Alliance fresh from the aftermath of the Broken Shore thinking they were betrayed and find plans about Sylvanas doing something sinister.

On the other you have the Horde who can't be bothered to communicate about what happened and play the victim card despite their warchief trying to enslave a potential ally for selfish reasons.

The Horde deserve Stormheim ten times over for being a lazy bunch!
I heard she bombed the Horde at the Wrathgate too! She's so mean!
11/12/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha

I see she practiced "You've won nothing" since her Arthas love in.

I heard she was drooling at the thought of invading Gilneas, what a cold hearted )#*^$
11/12/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Deathisfinal

I heard she was drooling at the thought of invading Gilneas, what a cold hearted )#*^$
And I heard when she learned that goblin drilling was killing Azeroth she lied and said she'd stop, but then secretly told them to DRILL HARDER. Only someone with shades of grey morality would do something like that!
11/12/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Deathisfinal

And I heard when she heard that goblin drilling was killing Azeroth she lied and said she'd stop, but then secretly told them to DRILL HARDER. Only someone with shades of grey morals would do something like that!

Okay your posts are making me feel slightly bad for creating this but...........I shall hold on.
11/12/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Dalfurane
Okay your posts are making me feel slightly bad for creating this but...........I shall hold on.
Calling Sylv evil at this point is a bit silly, since Blizz is going absurdly out of their way to do it too. When new evil like Teldrassil didn't turn Horde players against her, they started retconning everything they could to be her fault.

Sylv killed Saurfang's son! She's working with the Burning Legion! She killed JFK!
11/12/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
Sylv killed Saurfang's son! She's working with the Burning Legion! She killed JFK!
Wow, didn't know Sylvanas was so powerful she could assassinate someone across dimensions and in the past.

She really needs a few whacks with the nerf bat if you ask me.

Edit: DAMN YOU AUTO CORRECT!
It's time to get real: Stormheim was stupid on both sides. Sylvanas was in a mission for immortality in the middle of a legion invasion. Greymane was in a mission for vengeance in the middle of a legion invasion.
Calling Sylv evil at this point is a bit silly, since Blizz is going absurdly out of their way to do it too.

"Its a matter of perspective" - Blizz

11/12/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Marciel
Sylvanas was in a mission for immortality in the middle of a legion invasion.

Sylvanas is already immortal.
I'll just transplant my other Stormheim post here.

I mean a void of information is not information itself, the Horde and Alliance are technically two hostile global hegemony's banded together to fight a larger global threat, they both need to take care of things internally first and focus on the larger issue at play which happened to literally be Satan.

If the Alliance was so concerned about it they should of sent an emissary to the Horde in case some kind of communication breakdown occurred, it's not their responsibility to have the Horde tell them basic information, but it is entirely on them to verify that their assumptions are correct before engaging in a hostile action.

Imo, even if they did send a message it wouldn't of changed anything. I knew it, Genn knew it, everyone on the Skyfire knew it, he wasn't really interested in the whats and whys of the situation. In his own words, he never intends to track prey he doesn't want to kill, to his mind regardless of what actually happened at Broken Shore he just needed to believe something happened to feel angry enough about it. He admits as much himself in Before the Storm, that holding on to the sorrow and rage of Gilneas was needed to fight the enemy, even if the enemy wasn't really his enemy at all, the idea that his son and all the soldiers under his command had died for nothing would of been too much to bear.

So he formulated a plan to attack a coalition of nations overall leader based on what was basically pure emotion, that alone would of been enough to strip him, shackle him, and drag him to Org in chains. But to compound matters he did it at the worst time, to the worst people, hitting a large number of forces dedicated to retrieving the Aegis and in so doing he jeopardized the entire world at least as much, if not far more, then Windrunner did by enslaving Eyir.

No matter what way you slice it, I don't think there's a good way to excuse what Genn did.
11/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Immortality in the sense that she'll always have a constant stream of Forsaken to protect her, or a constant stream of Val'kyr to sacrifice themselves to raise her.
Calling Sylv evil at this point is a bit silly, since Blizz is going absurdly out of their way to do it too.

'living' forever isn't enough for her though.

Because I distinctly remember her getting one shotted in the back of the head by a third rate undead with a fourth rate gun.

So I think she kind of wants to work on that, both on a power level, and on a controlling undead level.
11/12/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Akharg

Because I distinctly remember her getting one shotted in the back of the head by a third rate undead with a fourth rate gun.

Remembering this make me laugh, she died to a random mage with a fourth rate rusted gun, god this is awful HAHAHAH.

"Warcraft 1 is a morally grey story" -Blizz

No.
This is low quality bait.
11/12/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Ayaani

No.
"Wait, you guys don't like genocide?" - Blizz
11/12/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Ayaani

No.
"Wait, you guys don't like genocide?" - Blizz
"Do you guys not have phones?" - Blizz
11/12/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Dalfurane
One one hand you have the Alliance fresh from the aftermath of the Broken Shore thinking they were betrayed and find plans about Sylvanas doing something sinister.

On the other you have the Horde who can't be bothered to communicate about what happened and play the victim card despite their warchief trying to enslave a potential ally for selfish reasons.

The Horde deserve Stormheim ten times over for being a lazy bunch!

Pretty typical. The Alliance assumes that they have right to attack without bothering to establish it is true or not. Then they blame the Horde because apparently they don't have an obligation to actually have a right to attack, but the Horde has an obligation to see the attack coming and talk them out of it. Add the fact that Baine had written to Anduin.

With this attitude, the Horde would have no reason to come to any other conclusion than the Alliance were going to attack them whenever they wanted.

And no, the Alliance don't find plan of something sinister, the Horde quest has the plans, even if you assume they had something to justify an attack, and turns them over the Horde. Alliance versions of quests aren't Lore over Horde versions. OTOH, this all became mute when Blizzard turned Sylvanas into a villain at Teldrasil so the Alliance players could be the good guys.