Stormheim was justified

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
11/12/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Darethy
11/12/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Grandblade
Children.

CHILDREN.

Stop it.

Look Grandblade, I appreciate the attempt to be the adult. But put yourself in my shoes for a moment, Aki goes on endlessly about how I justify genocide and slavery while I make pains to express that I think nothing that Sylvanas did at Stormheim and Darnassus was right.

Meanwhile she tells me that because of ones personal right to property, storing an excess amount of food for yourself even if it causes a child to starve is acceptable because you happen to not like people that child is related to.

How am I suppose to treat them aside from just...deflated exasperation?

I hope you're not trying to compare Teldrassil and Stormheim in terms of scale and horror because if you are, that's hilariously sad.

Edit : slightly misread, my bad.
Oh sh!t, we're pulling out the Marx words!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNLvlH5hqIM
11/12/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Darethy
If someone opposes your viewpoint they are guilty of marxism, genocide, and slavery

No, if you make justifications for slavery and genocide, then you are a horrible person who's opinions are no longer valid. Like you.
11/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Ayaani
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Look Grandblade, I appreciate the attempt to be the adult. But put yourself in my shoes for a moment, Aki goes on endlessly about how I justify genocide and slavery while I make pains to express that I think nothing that Sylvanas did at Stormheim and Darnassus was right.

Meanwhile she tells me that because of ones personal right to property, storing an excess amount of food for yourself even if it causes a child to starve is acceptable because you happen to not like people that child is related to.

How am I suppose to treat them aside from just...deflated exasperation?

I hope you're not trying to compare Teldrassil and Stormheim in terms of scale and horror because if you are, that's hilariously sad.

Obviously not, at Stormheim Sylvanas tried to enslave a race of titan creations, at Darnassus she nearly doomed an entire race to extinction.

They're both pretty bad, but ultimately Darnassus wins out.

11/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Akiyass
11/12/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Darethy
If someone opposes your viewpoint they are guilty of marxism, genocide, and slavery

No, if you make justifications for slavery and genocide, then you are a horrible person who's opinions are no longer valid. Like you.

I'm starting to question if you know what the word 'justification' means.
11/12/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Tannaril
Pretty typical. The Alliance assumes that they have right to attack without bothering to establish it is true or not.
Maybe the Horde should stop doing shady !@#$ that will allow the Alliance to say "the ends justified the means"?
Hey, hey, hey now. Nothing we say here should determine who somebody is in real life. That's too far. We can be passionate about WoW and it's storylines, but ultimately, it is a game.
11/12/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Grandblade
Hey, hey, hey now. Nothing we say here should determine who somebody is in real life. That's too far. We can be passionate about WoW and it's storylines, but ultimately, it is a game.

You're like six threads late on this Grandblade, Aki does this constantly.

Making justifications for slavery and genocide is bad and people who do it should feel bad. I do not care about their feelings.
11/12/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Akiyass

Making justifications for slavery and genocide is bad and people who do it should feel bad. I do not care about their feelings.

It's kind of hard to make people feel bad about justifying a genocide while they aren't justifying a genocide, and while at the same time arguing that genocide via resource deprivation is okay so long as some portion of that group has wronged you somehow.

Kind of undercuts your point.
11/12/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Darethy
You're like six threads late on this Grandblade, Aki does this constantly.
Just make a comment about how the night elves should become a patriarchy again, that usually fixes it.
You're making it very difficult to be an Alliance poster.

Yikes.
11/12/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Grandblade
You're making it very difficult to be an Alliance poster.

I just like to imagine their RP session as a Night Elf and a Forsaken having a twitter fight in universe while they both are at the same Dalaran café
11/12/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Darethy
It's kind of hard to make people feel bad about justifying a genocide while they aren't justifying a genocide

You keep saying your aren't justifying genocide when you have made justifications for genocidal acts done by Sylvanas.

and while at the same time arguing that genocide via resource deprivation is okay so long as some portion of that group has wronged you somehow.

This is an unrelated point that only you bring up as a defense mechanism, avoiding actually defending your position without backtracking on things you already said.
11/12/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Ayaani
11/12/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Grandblade
... You're making it very difficult to be an Alliance poster.

I just like to imagine their RP session as a Night Elf and a Forsaken having a twitter fight in universe while they both are at the same Dalaran café
Remember when Alliance and Horde were friendly enough to share a capital city? I sure do...
If I started posting here even a month earlier I might have sounded like Aki. Looking at this now I'm not surprised I eventually came around

To stay on topic rather than just gossip, uhh... Genn is a Bad Dog?
11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Fritaya
Genn can be your good boi, or your bad boi.
11/12/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Akiyass
It's kind of hard to make people feel bad about justifying a genocide while they aren't justifying a genocide

You keep saying your aren't justifying genocide when you have made justifications for genocidal acts done by Sylvanas.

and while at the same time arguing that genocide via resource deprivation is okay so long as some portion of that group has wronged you somehow.

This is an unrelated point that only you bring up as a defense mechanism, avoiding actually defending your position without backtracking on things you already said.

I can't 'backtrack' on things already said because you won't actually clarify your point, I bring it up because it's hypocritical to attack the point i'm actually arguing while at the same time defending this.

I have literally asked you to say where I have endorsed genocide, and the only thing you've given me is 'I'm too lazy to find the quote.'

At this point I think you're either gaslighting people to try and make them believe they are endorsing genocide, or you just have faulty memory, one of the two.

11/12/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Fritaya
Genn can be your good boi, or your bad boi.

Your angle or your devl.
After how they described Sylvanas at Blizzcon, saying Sylvanas was justified in what she did at Stormheim is like saying the Old Gods are justified in corrupting Azeroth:
I can't 'backtrack' on things already said because you won't actually clarify your point, I bring it up because it's hypocritical to attack the point i'm actually arguing while at the same time defending this.I have literally asked you to say where I have endorsed genocide, and the only thing you've given me is 'I'm too lazy to find the quote.'At this point I think you're either gaslighting people to try and make them believe they are endorsing genocide, or you just have faulty memory, one of the two.

Sigh... Okay. Here is my first post in this thread:

11/12/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Akiyass
When your goal is to enslave an entire race of people... then you deserve to be openly attacked.

I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find someone who takes issue with that statement. Slavery is wrong. Period. There is never and instance where it is okay, and those who practice it should be met with violence.

That is what I believe. Those of you who are pacifists or just more passive than that, fine, but at the end of the day, Slavery is bad and we should always be fighting against it in some form.

Meanwhile... Here you come, my own personal curse it seems:

11/12/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Darethy
Hm, let me think about the logic of attacking an entire group of people based on the actions of one individual who you know nothing about and then use it as an after the fact justification.No, and the Kaldorei deserved to have their military dismantled before they could ship Azerite to the rest of the Alliance.

Oh look, a personalized attack against my faction, my race, perhaps even against me as a person of a completely unrelated nature based on a statement I made condemning slavery. I must have really hit a nerve there... How dare I condemn actual would-be slavers. I very clearly deserved that attack for making such a wicked declaration.

It's not unrelated to you though, because you think Stormheim is a good justifaction for invading the Night Elves. Which, by the way, the Night Elf military wasnt even there, most of the casulties were civilian even before the Burning of Teldrassil even happened.

So... not only are you defending slavery... but you say the denial of slavery is a justifcation for the genocide that happened in Northern Kalimdor.... You must think that to respond so violently to a generally genaric condemnation of slavery that was my OP.