Why 8.1 will be a nerf to feral pvp

Druid
With the impending 8.1patch, Let me give you multiple reasons why its a pvp nerf to ferals.
Pro: Cyclone and a little survivability in rbg's

Cons:
Rip dealing less damage in 5cp

With raking ferocity gone and sabertooth not being a viable option anymore the mastery changes wont suffice the nerf to ferocious bite.
To sum it up rip & fb will deal lower damage and there will be no way to refresh rip.

We will need to constantly reapply rip, considering how energy starved we are and with the nerf to savage momentum (energy wise) it will feel really awful

The removal of undispellable roots is a nerf to our survivability vs melee comps

Incarnation nerfs

Brutal strike being a must go in pvp (its pretty much useless since it consumes bloodtalons proc's)

Moc and ff not being a good talent for pvp

Pve wise
Primal wrath is just mediocre
We have no utility for raids (so forget about raiding if your solo)
St is mediocre

Lets just hope for the best
Well said, well said and well said. The balance team needs to be drowned in a bucket of water.
11/12/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Xvalentina
Well said, well said and well said. The balance team needs to be drowned in a bucket of water.

They are so focused on nerfing druids rather than nerfing sin, fire, hpally and dh.
11/12/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Bleedya

Is this true? They should just buff our rip dmg in pvp already.
11/12/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Leadbelly
11/12/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Bleedya

Is this true? They should just buff our rip dmg in pvp already.

Yeah there are videos in youtube about this, like rip isn't dealing low damage already.
11/12/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Bleedya

They are so focused on nerfing druids rather than nerfing sin, fire, hpally and dh.

Refer to us as Mut or Assas. We do not have an ability called sinister Strike.
Have there been nerfs to our mastery effecting finishers yet?
I’ll be using Sabertooth for sure and I think raking ferocity will be viable if it’s still around. Might have to hard cast a Regrowth before you apply your first rip or just ferocious bite first. Sometime talons runs out before the start fights anyway. Think of all the energy we’ll be pooling instead of spamming lunar inspiration. Not having a range ability will be easy to get use to. legit couldn’t play a class that cant get out of snares
11/12/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Pemangsa
I’ll be using Sabertooth for sure and I think raking ferocity will be viable if it’s still around. Might have to hard cast a Regrowth before you apply your first rip or just ferocious bite first. Sometime talons runs out before the start fights anyway. Think of all the energy we’ll be pooling instead of spamming lunar inspiration. Not having a range ability will be easy to get use to. legit couldn’t play a class that cant get out of snares

They are removing raking ferocity. If you dont go li you will die easily from melee comps and if you get trained you wont be able to hard cast regrowth btw.
11/13/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Bleedya
11/12/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Pemangsa

They are removing raking ferocity. If you dont go li you will die easily from melee comps and if you get trained you wont be able to hard cast regrowth btw.
Why will lunar keep me alive over sabre and I hard cast regrown all the time fine. Might even duke if I think I’m gonna get kicked.
I'll probably go LI for BGs and Sabertooth for Arenas.

In an arena setting, I don't think that Rip provides enough pressure by itself. You need the extra FBs (with Sabertooth refreshes/extensions on the Rips) to make it impactful. If they buff Rip damage - which there has been no indication of them doing - I could live with using my CPs to keep reapplying Rips the old-fashioned way (without Sabertooth).

For BGs, I agree with the previous posts. It's too risky to spend so much time among other melee to build CPs. Having the ranged CP generator with LI is too important here.

In the case of choosing Sabertooth over LI, I think that some of the BT issues could be resolved with a longer Predatory Swiftness buff duration (currently only 12 sec). I don't mind kiting a melee, or sitting LoS of a ranged, while I'm capped on energy. But if I'm not at 3-5 CPs and my PS is about to expire, I would be forced to hardcast a Regrowth after re-engaging in order to get a BT buff for my next finisher. If the PS buff duration were extended to 20-30 seconds, that would allow for a lot more flexibility.

Of course, that's just more time for the buff to be purged, but what can you do?
11/13/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Minotauros
I'll probably go LI for BGs and Sabertooth for Arenas.

In an arena setting, I don't think that Rip provides enough pressure by itself. You need the extra FBs (with Sabertooth refreshes/extensions on the Rips) to make it impactful. If they buff Rip damage - which there has been no indication of them doing - I could live with using my CPs to keep reapplying Rips the old-fashioned way (without Sabertooth).

For BGs, I agree with the previous posts. It's too risky to spend so much time among other melee to build CPs. Having the ranged CP generator with LI is too important here.

In the case of choosing Sabertooth over LI, I think that some of the BT issues could be resolved with a longer Predatory Swiftness buff duration (currently only 12 sec). I don't mind kiting a melee, or sitting LoS of a ranged, while I'm capped on energy. But if I'm not at 3-5 CPs and my PS is about to expire, I would be forced to hardcast a Regrowth after re-engaging in order to get a BT buff for my next finisher. If the PS buff duration were extended to 20-30 seconds, that would allow for a lot more flexibility.

Of course, that's just more time for the buff to be purged, but what can you do?

Thats the issue the buff can be purged and stolen and only li doesnt consume bt. Hard casting when you have 4-5 combo points can be punishing since you need to finish the enemy within a short span of time before you setup expires.
11/13/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Pemangsa
11/13/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Bleedya
Why will lunar keep me alive over sabre and I hard cast regrown all the time fine. Might even duke if I think I’m gonna get kicked.

Because its the only ability that lets you kite while generating cp given how squishy ferals are.
what are they replacing Raking ferocity with? im currently running RF x3 gg
11/14/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Plutosaurus
what are they replacing Raking ferocity with? im currently running RF x3 gg

Some trait that reduces the cooldown of your berserk by 0.3s i think. Its dumb i know.
I'm going to try get the Jungle Fury trait x 3 (increased crit during tigers fury).

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/azerite-trait-updates-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance

These are the new traits:

Arcanic Pulsar - Starsurge's damage is increased by 429. Every 9 Starsurges, gain Celestial Alignment for 6 sec.

Burst of Savagery
- When Mangle benefits from Gore, it grants you 104 mastery for 5 sec and has a 15% chance to activate Gore.

Early Harvest - When Wild Growth expires, it heals the target for 291 if they are injured or it reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1 sec if they are not.

Jungle Fury - Tiger's Fury increases your critical strike by 339 and lasts 12 sec (with Predator - 17 sec).

Switch Hitter - An ability from your chosen Affinity grants an additional bonus for 10 sec:
Starsurge: 287 Leech
Ferocious Bite: 287 Speed
Frenzied Regeneration: 287 Avoidance
Swiftmend: Absorbs 7075 damage.

Untamed Ferocity - Combo-point generating abilities deal 86 additional instant damage and reduce the cooldown of Berserk by 0.3 sec (and if Talented - Incarnation: King of the Jungle by 0.2).

Also curious about Switch Hitter. Wonder if that absorb is good.
11/14/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Leadbelly
I'm going to try get the Jungle Fury trait x 3 (increased crit during tigers fury).

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/azerite-trait-updates-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance

These are the new traits:

Arcanic Pulsar - Starsurge's damage is increased by 429. Every 9 Starsurges, gain Celestial Alignment for 6 sec.

Burst of Savagery
- When Mangle benefits from Gore, it grants you 104 mastery for 5 sec and has a 15% chance to activate Gore.

Early Harvest - When Wild Growth expires, it heals the target for 291 if they are injured or it reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1 sec if they are not.

Jungle Fury - Tiger's Fury increases your critical strike by 339 and lasts 12 sec (with Predator - 17 sec).

Switch Hitter - An ability from your chosen Affinity grants an additional bonus for 10 sec:
Starsurge: 287 Leech
Ferocious Bite: 287 Speed
Frenzied Regeneration: 287 Avoidance
Swiftmend: Absorbs 7075 damage.

Untamed Ferocity - Combo-point generating abilities deal 86 additional instant damage and reduce the cooldown of Berserk by 0.3 sec (and if Talented - Incarnation: King of the Jungle by 0.2).

Also curious about Switch Hitter. Wonder if that absorb is good.

Jungle fury is not gonna be that good since they reworked savage momentum.
If someone on the ptr could test these it would be wonderful.

11/14/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Bleedya
11/14/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Leadbelly
If someone on the ptr could test these it would be wonderful.

11/14/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Bleedya

People already did, feral in ptr is doing lesser damage than live.
11/12/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Bleedya

They actually need to STOP nerfing everything and start buffing !@#$. The speed of the game is slowing down dramatically because nerf seems to be the only thing they know how to do and they can't even get that %^-* right. Start buffing !@#$, buff energy regeneration, buff combo points to our builders, buff rip, don't add pointless abilities to our bars and give us workable talents that actually give us playable options.