Lady Ashvane and Sylvanas

Story Forum
Let's try to keep it civilized here guys.

I just want to know your thoughts in what could be the plan that Sylvanas has with her.

And I actually thought of it at the beginning of BFA, why can't the Horde make an ally out the Ashvane company? After all the enemy of my enemy... But Lady Ashvane lost against the Proudmoore's so I really don't see why now.

Any ideas in what's next in this plot?
i guess that sylvanas will use ashvane influence to create another pirate fleet or to infiltrate and cause further destruction into boralus.

i don't know if ursulah will agree work with the horde, they killed her husband.
and she is evil, maybe not as much as sylvanas. so this plan could backfire, or not.

i can see another scenario where ashvane will be one of the bosses present in the azshara raid, early alpha implied that she had connections with her,this would explain why she has a kraken as a pet. hell, maybe we see this kraken again.

this could work for the horde, at least until the status quo returns, neither of them can win, but maybe this plotline will be what damages the kultiran fleet or give the horde the upper hand for a patch.

and i hope that this teaches a lesson to the proudmoores about killing the damn war criminals that you capture.
11/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Zabriel

I just want to know your thoughts in what could be the plan that Sylvanas has with her.

And I actually thought of it at the beginning of BFA, why can't the Horde make an ally out the Ashvane company? After all the enemy of my enemy... But Lady Ashvane lost against the Proudmoore's so I really don't see why now.

She and Gallywix team up to create the most 19th century Corporation to ever bust a Union.
As the matriarch of one of the four houses that formerly presided over Kul Tiras, Ashvane possesses internal knowledge of Kul Tiras that could be useful to Sylvanas's crusade. I'd wager that it would have something to do with Derek.
11/12/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Saiphas
11/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Zabriel

She and Gallywix team up to create the most 19th century Corporation to ever bust a Union.

I would pay money to see this.
The only thing I could guess she'd have is information. I imagine Ashvane's pirates are dispersed now, her company disbanded, and her assets siezed. Being Katherine's best friend for years will probably have some bearing on Sylvanas' plot to use Derek, if I had to guess.

I also rate the chance of Sylvanas betraying Ashvane, and raising her into undeath at 9/10.
11/12/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Darethy
That's the point.
11/12/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Darethy
That's the point.

I just imagine Kul'tiran/Goblin Pinkertons rampaging through Marxist Void Elves with Tommy guns.
11/12/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Darethy
11/12/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Grandblade
... That's the point.

I just imagine Kul'tiran/Goblin Pinkertons rampaging through Marxist Void Elves with Tommy guns.

Crossing your timelines bud, pinketons and union busting preceded marxism atleast in the US, late 19th century, it’s what led to the progressive era and trust busting. Tommy guns didn’t show till after war 1 :P
I compare Ashvane to Aiden Perenolde of Alterac. Aiden sold out the Alliance for the safety of his kingdom. He gave Orgim Doomhammer a map of the area and tipped him off about The High Elves coming through the area. Staged a peasant revolt at a mine so the Horde could keep up with their minning operations. Then again when under house arrest. He gave the book the medivh to The Horde for ridding of the marshal law forces surrounded him and his land.

She is willing to negotiate with Sylvanas for a price of course. Ashvane is viewed a traitor to The Kul Tirans. The Alliance caught her red handed when she almost became ruler of Kul Tiras.
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Saiphas

Crossing your timelines bud, pinketons and union busting preceded marxism atleast in the US, late 19th century, it’s what led to the progressive era and trust busting. Tommy guns didn’t show till after war 1 :P

And goblins aren’t real...
11/12/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Kallistus

And goblins aren’t real...

Yes, but since he is referencing actual historical events, the context of the Pinkerton/Union conflict matters, especially because people associate unions with Marxism when in the American context they don’t really work. And being pedantic is one of my things :P
Ashvane obviously gets changed into a water old-god infused creature bent on revenge against the proudmore's and the extermination of the horde.

her Ursula vibe and make over is all to obvious.

True, but thinking about it goblins and kul'tirans forming together would result in a anachronism stew of technology and poor business decisions. Goblins are a nightmare amalgamate of post WW2 era technology and ultra capitalism, much of their society is guided by a twisted version of the American Dream filtered through risk and reward taken to it's logical extreme. One of my favorite things in WoW lore is the depiction of Kezan before the goblins came to Azeroth in Gallywix's personal backstory.

To say he lived in a rough neighborhood is an understatement, while plenty of goblins died due to risky working conditions they are more prone to die from their personal business ventures to escape that cyclical hell of minimum wage. His mother became a pirate and left the family, his father was a deadbeat debtor who manufactured explosives with the idea he'd somehow hit it big. His home was 'free' of tax collectors because they would get tarred, feathered, and then rolled down the street with threatening messages beneath their teeth. Which was better comparatively to the parts of town that were literally irradiated.

By contrast Ashvane comes off in part as immediate industrial revolution, not only are children working in a dangerous environment but everything about the Ashvane foundry is just grimy, it feels like the kind of place you'd go to get your hand chopped off working a textile mill or to contract blacklung. During the Horde questing one of the guards offhand comments that handling the gunpowder is a good way to get decapitated.

Where the goblins are all about individuality and endlessly killing yourself trying to hit something big, Ashvane feels like something born of the progress of production. Everything is about more for those at the top, somehow even more then the goblins, and the actual laborers are so small that they may as well be nonexistent in the face of human greed.

What i'm getting at is, if you fusion danced Gallywix into Ashvane you'd probably wind up creating an old god of Avarice.
11/12/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Doomgard
Ashvane obviously gets changed into a water old-god infused creature bent on revenge against the proudmore's and the extermination of the horde.

i was thinking the same, that would be the second war criminal that the horde releases and becomes a raid boss in a row.

Not before doing some kind of lasting damage to the kultiran fleet.
We are talking a lot about Marx today.
11/12/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Grandblade

It's a nice break from the NatSoc comparisons to be honest.

Where
11/12/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Savanovic

Where
The Stormheim was Justified thread has some interesting references.
11/12/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Savanovic

Where

Didn't you know? Believing that people with an excess of food have a moral obligation to feed starving children within arms reach is a form of Neo-Marxism now.

Cause that's where we're at I guess.