is there any hope for monk?

Monk
i never played mop but i heard that monks were actually pretty good in mop and weren't bootleg rogues/mindnumbingly boring tanks and healers. throwing your piss barrels like you were donkey kong and head butting people sounded incredibly fun
Personally I don't see myself playing WW again until they get a rework, Combo Strikes ruined the class for me, I think it is an extremely boring mechanic considering how slow paced WW rotation is because of 50 energy jab
Probably no hope for WW until 8.1.x, but the other specs are fine.
11/13/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Fiascoh
Probably no hope for WW until 8.1.x, but the other specs are fine.

"Fine" as in able to do the content or "fine" as in fun and engaging to play?

(spoiler alert the answer is yes to the former and no to the latter)
If they delete touch of death from the game maybe. :-)
I do find this funny. Yes WW played great in 5.4 but they were last/second last ST dps! Thankfully RJW was a fantastic talent back then so WW had really good cleave and AoE. Also funny is that if you played WW back then, unless you were in the top 1% you would perform worse if 5.4 WW was copied into 8.0.

Much of the reason why WW isn't so fantastic now game play wise is that the great majority of players simply couldn't handle WW of the MoP and WoD eras. Notice how WW demographics are greater than ever with its simplification?

Of course if you were a top WW back in the day, the spec feels like a pale imitation of what it once was. Hey, Blizzard finally got FoF right though, so that's something isn't it?
FoF is the worst its ever been since I've been playing WW. It feels awful to use. It's a shell of it's former self.

In PvP the single largest complain is the complete removal of FoF from arenas.
11/13/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Ultrios
FoF is the worst its ever been since I've been playing WW. It feels awful to use. It's a shell of it's former self.

In PvP the single largest complain is the complete removal of FoF from arenas.

Perhaps this is blasphemous, but a common thought I find myself having when playing a monk is wishing FoF's channel was half as long. Sitting still for 4 seconds and wildly punching nearly kills it for me, as does running out of energy and when everything is on cooldown. Thematically it feels at odds.