Developers Playing Mobile

General Discussion
So if I am to understand this correctly. Our WoW experience has been changed and ruined slowly over the years because developers are playing mobile games over the game they are working on? I mean I could tell the developers lost touch with the community but I never thought for a second it was this bad. The over simplification, convenience, easy modes, queue systems, and turning the world into a single player adventure.

You need to have a genuine love for PC gaming to develop PC games. That is how Blizzard started out any why the games of the past outshine many games released today. Now there is no magic reset button. All the developers need to do isn't to listen to our ranting, not to listen to stock holders, not even to Activision.

They need to listen to themselves and for some remember why they wanted to make video games and for others they need to remember why others want to play them. Maybe then the errors made can slowly be corrected going forward. But above all they should remember this is an MMORPG or at least it is supposed to be.

WoW should have never been a game of conveniences. It was supposed to be this open world that you as a nobody did heroic things in. It was also once about community, trust, and earned respect across a realm. All of that destroyed by a few convenience systems WoW never needed and it is my hope that Classic proves it once and for all.

I am not here to looking to trash developers or the game. I have played Blizzard games since Lost Vikings was released. I miss the game developer I once trusted. The developer that always released great games. I mean no king rules forever but I believe Blizzard still has a few surprises for us. They just need to get back on track.
Does that understanding have any basis in fact or are you just compiling what you heard here in the forums or....?
11/13/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Raidén
So if I am to understand this correctly. Our WoW experience has been changed and ruined slowly over the years because developers are playing mobile games over the game they are working on?

source please, mr. hannity
It must be nice to be able to make up things and truly believe they are facts.
11/13/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Nzhuv

I think the OP is referencing this fact:
we have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs
https://www.mcvuk.com/business/many-of-our-best-developers-are-now-working-on-new-mobile-titles-across-our-ips-says-blizzard

Meaning that, yes. Blizzard is focusing more-so on the Mobile titles rather then the PC ones. Those "best developers" could of been put to better use for no mobile I.P.s.
You really need to stop opening xmas crackers and reading their stupid jokes, even more you need to stop believing them.
11/13/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Nzhuv

I think the OP is referencing this fact:
we have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs
https://www.mcvuk.com/business/many-of-our-best-developers-are-now-working-on-new-mobile-titles-across-our-ips-says-blizzard

Meaning that, yes. Blizzard is focusing more-so on the Mobile titles rather then the PC ones. Those "best developers" could of been put to better use for no mobile I.P.s.
Maybe but working on developing mobile games and playing mobile games while they are developing PC games are two different things.