NO WALL JUMPING??

Classic Discussion
CLASSIC IS RUINED
Not true. Fake news and dumb.
3/10
11/13/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Shridevi

No, he's right. The lead developer of classic said that wall jumping will not be in the game. The leaks were incorrect.

See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKvIx6eQpA&t=1185s
I do hope it's in the game. I remember the quote before the demo was released and they mentioned that methods of getting out of bounds that were in vanilla would not be in the classic game. When the demo client was out people tried wall jumping with it connected to a server client and were able to wall jump. I know it might work differently when it launches but that shows it was still in that client. My hope would be that they would leave it in but take additional measures to block of using it in areas where it would give a game advantage. For example they could add additional invisible barriers in BGs in areas that players were known to wall jump out of the map with the flag.
It's not going to be in the game basically because they're using the 7.3.5 framework, so the anti-cheating in the game will prevent wall jumping.
Man, really had hoped people wouldn't respond to this obvious troll thread.
11/13/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Syradra

Is he trolling? Because he's not wrong about wall jumping. Wall jumping is not going to be in classic according to the lead classic developer.

I don't think it ruins the game, but it does harm the vanilla experience. I didn't expect wall jumping to be in classic, but I did hope for it.

I mean, there are some cool places in pre-cata Azeroth that you can only get to by wall jumping, like the IF airport or under Stormwind.
11/13/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Dealloc

No, he's right. The lead developer of classic said that wall jumping will not be in the game. The leaks were incorrect.

See

Thanks, guess you are right, the leaked screenshots last month were wrong.
11/13/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Dealloc

Is he trolling? Because he's not wrong about wall jumping. Wall jumping is not going to be in classic according to the lead classic developer.

I don't think it ruins the game, but it does harm the vanilla experience. I didn't expect wall jumping to be in classic, but I did hope for it.

100% Trolling, while the information he gives is correct, his entire post is a troll, especially when you have people saying "Loot Trading Ruins Classic" and "Sharding Ruins Classic" essentially making fun of those people.
11/13/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Shridevi

Thanks, guess you are right, the leaked screenshots last month were wrong.

I don't think the leaks were wrong. For the most part they were consistent with what we saw in the demo. However, they were not pointing to official Blizzard servers in the leaks. They were pointed to private servers or someone's local server. This would seem to suggest that whatever prevents wall jumping is server side and not client side.
11/13/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Syradra

100% Trolling, while the information he gives is correct, his entire post is a troll, especially when you have people saying "Loot Trading Ruins Classic" and "Sharding Ruins Classic" essentially making fun of those people.

His intentions may have been to troll. But the results of the thread are that people are now more informed and have more realistic expectations for Classic.

So he failed pretty hard if that was his intention.
From my experience, very very few people were able to wall jump. Used to watch lemming after lemming attempt to follow someone doing it.

The forums are full of a lot of wall jumping pros though.

Maybe it was just the server I was on...
11/13/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Impact
3/10

How? Total 1/10 and only got the 1 cus Dwarf master race.
11/13/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Dealloc

See
Good since people won’t be able to abuse the bug in BGs and instances then. Also saves their support from having to deal with exploiters when reported.
11/13/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Ristra
From my experience, very very few people were able to wall jump. Used to watch lemming after lemming attempt to follow someone doing it.

Well, you could get temporarily banned for it if someone reported you. At least in BGs. So many didn’t want to mess with it.
I absolutely loved wall jumping, and even earned myself the nickname "Spiderman" for a time because I did it almost everywhere it was possible. If wall jumping was included in Classic I would be absolutely thrilled.

That said, I can't really find a good reason to expect the Classic devs should devote effort towards re-creating bugs.
11/13/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Ristra

It really wasn't that hard to do. If you were bad at it then that just meant it took you longer to get up to where you were trying to go.

Just face a wall and go right up to it, turn sideways at a slightly less than 90 degree angle, jump and then barely tap forward when at the peak height of the jump. Rinse and repeat the jump and tap forward part until you reach your destination turning around if necessary.
damn, I want to climb on top of org and then jump out and teleport back in pvp duel.