NO WALL JUMPING??

Classic Discussion
11/13/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Syradra
Man, really had hoped people wouldn't respond to this obvious troll thread.

not trolling just really liked wall jumping
Wall jumping was an acquired skill and a challenge, I could spend hours just trying to find right paths. I'd see someone in some weird place and wonder how'd he do that, then i would be determined to find the path.
NO WALL JUMPING??

And another of my desires for Classic comes to fruition.

Classic is looking more and more like exactly the game I wanted to get.
Will there still be an invisible wall between the Plaguelands and Quel'thalas? I like to wall jump into Quel'thalas to Roleplay at the White Tower ruins, although I don't know how to wall jump without a Outlaw Rogue's grappling hook.
11/13/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Isetaneferet
Will there still be an invisible wall between the Plaguelands and Quel'thalas? I like to wall jump into Quel'thalas to Roleplay at the White Tower ruins, although I don't know how to wall jump without a Outlaw Rogue's grappling hook.

If I remember correctly, sort of. I know there was an invisible wall, and a pile of toppled over trees blocking the way into Quel'Thalas.
Wall jumping was a bug, classic fixed.
11/13/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Aranhod
I absolutely loved wall jumping, and even earned myself the nickname "Spiderman" for a time because I did it almost everywhere it was possible. If wall jumping was included in Classic I would be absolutely thrilled.

That said, I can't really find a good reason to expect the Classic devs should devote effort towards re-creating bugs.

Personally I feel like wall jumping is like the debuff slots. The devs did not want it there but it was part of the game anyways. Outside of using it for exploiting, I do feel an argument could be made for it being an important part of the game. Also the only reason so far that the devs have said for not putting it in the game is that it currently conflict with the exploit debugging software. If there is a strong desire from the community to have this in the game I can see the devs looking into it.

On a side note I started gaming on the nintendo 64 and have since then played multiple games across many different systems that have wall jumping in them. This being said I can say I am 100% for wall jumping in a game like WoW were exploration Is such a big part of the game. Not to mention with no flying mounts wall jumping may be the only way to find some really fun sight seeing spots.

11/13/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Dealloc

No, he's right. The lead developer of classic said that wall jumping will not be in the game. The leaks were incorrect.

See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKvIx6eQpA&t=1185s

Thank you Dealloc for the link, that answers so many questions that I had about classic.

It is good to hear that though they may not be planning on adding wall jumping at the moment, they did not say they are against the idea itself. With the right amount of support from the community they may decide to find a way to implement this system.

Thank you for your time.
Wall jumping was in the demo. It's very difficult to chain wall jumps together infinitely but you can stick 1 or 2 jumps before you fall and most exploration usually only involves 1 jump before reaching flat ground again. Plus you still get stuck on object clip boxes like trees or corners.

All the important ones are still possible. It's just things like hyjal or the WSG flag room ones that won't be possible because they require long jump chains.