Increase Subscription to $19.99/month to Prevent Going Mobile

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.
11/13/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Kamiski
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games

More than usual? Where did you read this?
I already pay $18.99 a month, no way would I pay twenty plus.
I think if Blizzard listened to the community than people would return to the game and they wouldn't even have to push mobile products, but who cares about logic.
FYI WoW alone cover loses from Blizzard's other IPs.(From their last report, on a slide from the presentation.) They are going to these platforms because it could give them a lot more revenue period. If a company wants to grow and diversify that's all up to them.

However I really want them to keep focusing on making quality PC titles. I own SCr, SC2, WC3R, Diablo 3, and WoW. I would like them to continue these IPs in the future. If they don't ill be headed to other PC game makers and ignoring their mobile platform.(I read when I have to spend time on my phone.)
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.

Uhmm....this? I mean honestly nothing else needs to be said. The current development team are a bunch of ostrich impersonators.
the game isnt even worth $5/month at this point
WoW is not going mobile, that's just hyperbolic worst-case ridiculousness misinterpreted from the fact that they have "top developers" working on mobile "across all Blizzard IPs." Which could mean that we're due for another Hearthstone expansion (which would technically be the Warcraft IP), if anything.

The Diablo backlash is overblown. It was pretty tone-deaf of Blizzard to put that as a major reveal at a Blizzcon already fraught with potential issues, but it's not like they said "Here's Diablo 4!" and showed off a mobile game. If they were really wanting people to interface more with WoW on mobile, they'd have left the Mobile Auction House going and probably put more than just the mission table on the mobile app itself.

There's no reason to raise the sub fee, the focus isn't shifting. After all the job postings they were doing over the last year specifically referencing mobile technology, it should be no surprise that they're coming out with a mobile title. They already put Diablo 3 on consoles, why not have a game with that IP on mobile? Bethesda did it with Elder Scrolls: Blades and nobody immediately expected that the next expansion for ESO is going to be for iOS and Android.

Keep your cool, Chicken Little. The sky's not falling. :P
I already pay Blizzard too much money to not do their jobs.
If they didn't release BFA months before it was ready, they probably wouldn't been having subscription issues right now. The solution to their problem is to start producing a product that most wouldn't mind paying the current $15 a month fee to play.
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

If Activision/Blizzard is smart, they'll get a third party to analyze the results form announcing Diablo mobile. There's definitely a market for mobile, there was definitely 'low hanging fruit' in bringing Diablo on mobile - just not at the perceived expense of an offering to the dedicated PC playerbase (which, Blizzard SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, is the audience that tunes in to their stupid convention, not the millions of people they haven't reached due to the medium but probably can reach in a mobile device setting) And I say perceived expense, because they're more than likely working on Diablo 4, except that was nowhere to be seen at Blizzcon. In conclusion, Blizzard shoved their feet WAY up there in their mouths.

There's probably gonna be MORE WoW stuff on mobile, but it's not gonna be actual wow on mobile. Keep the sub where it's at.
How about they quit changing things for the sake of change and play the freaking game.
And start billing my sub to OP!
This game really should be free to play at this point, no way they can increase the monthly subscription.
When this games goes to 19.99 I will quit immediately. Period.
Better idea, listen to the feed back from your customers and fix whats not working rather then trying to force it.
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.
So save WoW by reducing subs further?

Interesting.

*strokes beard*
As long as you're paying my sub OP I'm fine with it.

11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Zeropointt
So save WoW by reducing subs further?

Interesting.

*strokes beard*
Wouldn't be the first bad idea. D2's developers think adding more microtransactions to an already horrible game will save it.