Increase Subscription to $19.99/month to Prevent Going Mobile

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/13/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Kamiski
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games. The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

What would happen in reality is that the subscription price would increase and Mobile Games would still be released. World of Warcraft probably will not be going Mobile. However, that won't stop them from using the Warcraft Intellectual Property to create mobile games.

The answer is simple. If you don't like mobile games then don't buy them.
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Cyouskin
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

Never thought i would die fighting next to an MVP i agree with.
11/13/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Khlorós
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

How about next to a homie? :D
If only 20% people quit because of a few dollar increase to save WoW from going mobile, then it is still an increase in profit!

How about side by side with a fellow gamer?
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games. The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

It already is.

Wow could not play on a mobile device, since it can barely play on a slightly outdated computer.

There is not even a comparison between the latest Diablo VS. the little mobile game they are making.

They never said they are "switching to mobile." They simply don't want to fully miss the boat.

Think of it like Amazon and Sears, one saw what was coming while the other one did not. Sears never had to go "fully online", they could have still had "brick and mortar" to fill that part of the market. Instead, the original leader of mail ordering was left in the dust by a "new" company. Yes, some of you younger people might actually ask

"Who is "Sears"?"
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Kamiski
If only 20% people quit because of a few dollar increase to save WoW from going mobile, then it is still an increase in profit!
You don't really understand how economics and inflation works, do you?
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Cyouskin

How about side by side with a fellow gamer?

Aye....i can do that.

Yeah your marketing solution is very horrid. If you want WoW to die faster then your solution is great.

This is a pretty universal opinion among the MVPs. Nobody cared that China required other companies run the servers and stuff. That is what NetEase did for 10 years. It is when they are now doing development work for a core Blizz franchise that people got upset. Rightfully so. They have a history of clones and shady MTX.

If Blizzard had actually built a mobile from the ground up themselves and did not announce it to the key PC gamers at Blizzcon, it might have gone over better.

Pretty sure if they made a WoW Pet Battle mobile side game to level and fight battle pets while out and about, that would not be badly received, as long as they don't make it the star announcement.

OP - raising the sub would not go over well nor would it help. Thankfully, I don't see them taking WoW full mobile. Just companion apps or side games.
11/13/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
11/13/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Kamiski
You don't really understand how economics and inflation works, do you?

5M sub x $15 = $75M Revenue.
4M sub x $20 = $80M Revenue + WoW saved!

Inflation is another reason to increase the price. The value of $15 now is not the same as 14 years ago.
11/13/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Khlorós
Aye....i can do that.

(This was nice.)
Thats not how this works
Threads like this are why I miss the downvote button.

Blizzard makes more than enough off WoW to cover the costs of WoW. Suggesting that we pay $5 more a month for it so they don't release a mobile version - which is never going to happen, anyways - is just dumb.

I don't have any issues with Blizzard making mobile games. I don't even have a problem with Diablo: Immortal itself. I do have a problem with a company that's produced primarily PC games for 30 years suddenly putting all its top developers into mobile gaming - instead of them continuing to develop and release games the preferred PC platform. I have an even bigger problem with Blizzard announcing the first Diablo game in years - at a Blizzcon with very little other new announcements - and having it be mobile only. The dev response of "Don't you guys have phones?" was the real nut punch, though.
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games.

A business is always looking to expand and increase revenue. Moving into new markets or expanding their product line in existing markets is normal.

11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.

By listen I'm guessing you mean listen to you and you alone, everyone else be damned. Listening =/= agreeing there are 5+ million players here, each with their own ideas for what makes a game good. They can't possibly 'listen' to all of us.

Again businesses are always looking to expand and increase their business to make more money. This has nothing to do with subs
11/13/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Mirasol

This is a pretty universal opinion among the MVPs. Nobody cared that China required other companies run the servers and stuff. That is what NetEase did for 10 years. It is when they are now doing development work for a core Blizz franchise that people got upset. Rightfully so. They have a history of clones and shady MTX.

If Blizzard had actually built a mobile from the ground up themselves and did not announce it to the key PC gamers at Blizzcon, it might have gone over better.

Pretty sure if they made a WoW Pet Battle mobile side game to level and fight battle pets while out and about, that would not be badly received, as long as they don't make it the star announcement.

OP - raising the sub would not go over well nor would it help. Thankfully, I don't see them taking WoW full mobile. Just companion apps or side games.

Ill be god honst if blizzard made a wow mobile game that was like a point and click turn based RPG that let you use your in game character, i would !@#$en play it, so long as it was not transaction out the %^-.

"Um, is this some kind of a late April Fool's joke" --Angry Diablo Immortal Guy at Blizzcon.
Wait, people play for this game with real money and not gold?
11/13/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Gianavel
I do have a problem with a company that's produced primarily PC games for 30 years suddenly putting all its top developers into mobile gaming

They didn't say they put all their top developers on the mobile game. They said many of their top developers were working on it. They are capable of having more then one team of top developers working on multiple projects.