Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
11/13/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Cyouskin
11/13/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Khlorós
Aye....i can do that.

(This was nice.)

I agree lets do this more often.
11/13/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Khlorós
I agree lets do this more often.

Friendly banter on topics? Or LOTR references? (Or both.?)
11/13/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Kamiski
<span class="truncated">...</span>You don't really understand how economics and inflation works, do you?

5M sub x $15 = $75M Revenue.
4M sub x $20 = $80M Revenue + WoW saved!

Inflation is another reason to increase the price. The value of $15 now is not the same as 14 years ago.
I said you don't understand economics, not how to do math. The two are not mutually inclusive.
Blizzard is going into other platforms. They said exactly this a year ago.

So, they test the mobile market with Diablo and the console market with WoW.

It's a sound business idea.... as long as they maintain PC support...
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Cyouskin
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

Why even bother caring about them, cut away the cancer that is Activision.
Mobile is fine just they shouldve had a PC version that was linked to it or something so enhance gameplay.
Blizzard has been increasing the price of WoW over the past years, it's just been more subtle than changing the base subscription price.

The token economy; the cash shop for pets, mounts, and transmogs; the increased number of services some of which are not inexpensive; are all ways they've been increasing the average revenue per player without excluding those who can't pay more than the base $15 or those who might be prompted to make a decision to quit when confronted with even a modest price increase (a real concern as many other companies have learned to their dismay.)

They're doing it the smart way already.

And either way, it has nothing to do with the mobile market, which is going to get served. No one's going to ignore a large and growing market just because another one is slightly more profitable one year than the next.
11/13/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Hellasha

By listen I'm guessing you mean listen to you and you alone, everyone else be damned.

Well looks like we spotted someone who cant read.

I stated the player base. Never once did I say hey look at me I alone am the player base. Dont go assuming stuff friend and putting words in my mouth.
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.
11/13/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Tékota
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Cyouskin
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

Why even bother caring about them, cut away the cancer that is Activision.

I'm no economist, but I know that it's security and stability during market fluctuations due to world events, competitors, and (un)favorable quarterly reports.
11/13/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Käyn
11/13/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Hellasha

By listen I'm guessing you mean listen to you and you alone, everyone else be damned.

I stated the player base. Never once did I say hey look at me I alone am the player base. Dont go assuming stuff friend and putting words in my mouth.

The playerbase isn't some unified voice and GD does not represent the playerbase. So which portion should they be listening to?
There is no reason why the customer should be held liable for the faults of the company.

If they messed up, that's on them.
We don't need them.
THEY! need us.
Remember that.
11/13/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Daswings
I think if Blizzard listened to the community than people would return to the game and they wouldn't even have to push mobile products, but who cares about logic.

Blizzard would be out of business already if they did.
If the armchair game-devs were actually any good, they'd have built their fancy MMO already and shown the world how it's supposed to be done, instead, here we are :P
If they raised the sub fees i'd probably unsub, I'm sure many people would pay the increased rate but many also would not. Pulling a stunt like this during an unpopular expansion could actually lower their revenue.
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.

"bLiZz IsN't LiStEnInG!"

I'd like to take the people who say this nonsense and stick them in a room with 20 people. Then divide those 20 people into 5 teams of 4 and tell each team to ask them for something completely different and see how they handle it.

If they even disappoint 1 of those 5 groups, then they fail the experiment because they're then "not listening".

Now change that 20 people to millions, and 5 groups wanting different things to a lot more splintered off groups and you see what Blizzard has to deal with.
11/13/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Hellasha
11/13/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Käyn

The playerbase isn't some unified voice and GD does not represent the playerbase. So which portion should they be listening to?

I'll continue to chat with you further when you decide to stop hiding behind your alt. Not sure what you're afraid of here to be honest. I dont bite.
I hope they dont do that. And I hope blizz realizes that the mobile crowd is different from the pc crowd and that hearthstone was good cause it pleased both. If they focus exclusively on mobile games that is risky and wont go well with all the pc community.

1. Dont tie games and lore to mobile only.

2. Provide PC alternatives.

3. Successul titles are inclusive (multiplatform) much like overwatch appeased both pc crowd and cobsole crowd.

You dont need to increase subs.
Meh, just release the single-player, offline version of WoW and let me transfer my characters and guilds to it, I'll keep playing there on and off while they do whatever else.

QFT! And Hell no, I'm not paying anymore than I already am, currently it isn't worth what I'm paying truth be told. And yes, the devs are the reason I feel that way.

Semper Fi!
I will NOT pay anymore than I am paying!