Increase Subscription to $19.99/month to Prevent Going Mobile

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Why would I pay more for this terrible expansion. So they put out crap and should get more money. Don’t seem like it should work that way
11/13/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Kamiski
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

If they increased the monthly subscription, I would have to give up wow on a permanent basis (since I have two wow licenses, I already pay a double subscription when my accounts are active). I'm sure that I am not the only one who would not be able to afford a higher price. You don't increase income by reducing your customer base. Actually, I would bet that a more sure way to increase income would be to reduce the costs of their cash shop inventory and "extra" services (such as realm transfers, race changes, etc). Why do you think businesses hold sales? Sales always give businesses extra income, and since Blizzard's sales stock primarily consists of virtual goods and automated services, they don't have as much overhead as businesses which solely sell real goods do.
How about going free to play instead? Increasing I would quit.
11/13/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Caelin
If they didn't release BFA months before it was ready, they probably wouldn't been having subscription issues right now. The solution to their problem is to start producing a product that most wouldn't mind paying the current $15 a month fee to play.

While it is true the expansion might have been in a better place if it had been released finished, time wasn't the issue. It wasn't like they were fixing broken stuff too slowly. They weren't fixing it at all. It was as though after the alpha they just reassigned all devs to some other project and let this one to rot.

And even if they had fixed the broken stuff, things like azerite gear and lack of compelling content outside raiding would have been problematic anyway.
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

In its present state, WoW is barely worth the $15 as it is.

When quality returns to the game, I will consider paying a higher sub fee if that keeps a good game "good." I play a lot of games that are sub optional, and if I like the game enough, I pay the sub.
They should just RNG their subscription fee every month.

You could be paying as low as $4.99 or as high as $24.99.
Investors hear "raise sub prices to 19.99 and go mobile."
11/13/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Zogamboka

This really should be the next step. The number of bugs and exploits that were reported and made it live in this rushed expansion is on par with free to play games.
11/13/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Smadinker
11/13/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Zogamboka

This really should be the next step. The number of bugs and exploits that were reported and made it live in this rushed expansion is on par with free to play games.

...and really, this is the sort of situation that causes games to go F2P in the first place.
They'd still go into mobile and we'd needlessly be paying more.
Sub goes up I’m going to ffxiv.
11/13/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Abattøir
Investors hear "raise sub prices to 19.99 and go mobile."

So much this. How do people not understand this. They act like the mega companies are happy with ‘enough’ money. News flash, there is no ‘enough’ money. There is only more money.
How exactly is paying more going to stop the mobile gaming industry, your a tool.
Why would Blizzard be stupid enough to *NOT* go mobile?
Going mobile means a whole new generation of fans who may not have ever played a Blizzard game getting into Diablo.
11/13/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Langly
the game isnt even worth $5/month at this point

Then why do you still pay to play it?

Another poster that complains how bad Warcraft is, but they keep paying and playing.
How about no?
All that does is screw over those of us who stick around no matter what.
I wouldn't mind paying slightly more if the quality was actually worth it. Currently, however, Blizzard's putting out content, fixes, and updates at the same rate as a small studio with a F2P playerbase, which is entirely unacceptable.

This really is truly, completely and utterly asinine.
I don't think people paying an extra $5 is going to keep them out of the other half of the market. I couldn't care less if Blizzard decides to make some trash warcraft mobile game.