Increase Subscription to $19.99/month to Prevent Going Mobile

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
$100 a month sounds better!
ummmmmmm, I think the fudge not.

There is no way in hell that the current model of the game isn’t enough to turn a huge profit just from WoW alone, there’s a fully priced xpac every few years (with costly special editions) these xpacs aren’t brand new games built from the ground up, they are built on existing bones, there’s the monthly sub and then the truckload is microtransactions in the form of mounts, pets and ingame services, you can literally buy gold in game with real money with the WoW token.
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.

And going to $20 when they aren't even offering a game worth the $15/mo is not going to increase sub counts or attract new players.
I'd pay $20 a month for more content and to keep it not going mobile.
It already costs more than Netflix, and I get a lot more enjoyment/entertainment there. How about no.
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Cyouskin
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

You just gave up your trust level 3.

/s
11/13/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Hellasha
By listen I'm guessing you mean listen to you and you alone, everyone else be damned. Listening =/= agreeing there are 5+ million players here, each with their own ideas for what makes a game good. They can't possibly 'listen' to all of us.

I just wanted to respond to this.

They don't need to listen to "all" of us. They just need to pay attention to and deal with the things that are issues for substantial numbers of players. If something affects me, and me alone, they can ignore it, but if it negatively affects a very large segment of the player base, they should not.

They need to deal with things like the mess that is guild controls. Anyone who is a GM or guild officer can tell you what a major screw up that is.

They need to deal with/fix systems such as azurite (which, to give them credit, they appear to be working on).

They should be able to sort out for themselves which other hot button topics they should do something about (and what that "something" they do should be). In other games I have played, they periodically send out surveys through the in game mail to get a feel for how the majority of the players feel about various changes. I believe that this would be a good example for Blizzard to follow.

They do not need to cater to every individual request by every individual player. Claiming that this is what those who say that Blizzard needs to listen to their player base means is simply hyperbole.
11/13/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Kamiski
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

Everytime you open your mouth it’s always “let’s increase sub amount” how much longer will you plague the forums with your nonsense
11/13/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Daswings
I think if Blizzard listened to the community than people would return to the game and they wouldn't even have to push mobile products, but who cares about logic.

Did you not read the thread that asked the community what WoW would need to bring them back? This community wants such horrible things for the game it isn't funny. Removal of Mythic+ being one of them, removal of LFR. I don't remember all of the gripes, but they are all completely unrealistic and all of them would destroy the game.

In the end, it is up to Blizzard to sift through the complaints to try and work out a solution to make more people happy. It's not very easy, when everyone says contradicting complaints.
If they increased WoW's sub cost by ~25% then I would have to increase my playtime by ~25% to justify it and I just don't know if I can deal with that level of commitment right now.
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!
This is a stupid idea.
Ironic guild name.
The value of the game is far less than what we pay now.

They should lower it to $5 so that people leaving the game would be more likely to just let the sub continue, and they would have their illusion that the population is fine.
This is ActivisionBlizzard.

They'll make it mobile anyways.

Gaming companies want all of the money, not just a lot of it.
The playerbase isn't some unified voice and GD does not represent the playerbase. So which portion should they be listening to?

The majority. I think they finally got the message a lot of what has been getting so many angry are starting to get fixed in 8.1 and 8.2. Your extreme white knighting if you didn't see the landslide of issues the last few months and the better than the player attitude Blizzard has been had.
11/13/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mahatma
11/13/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Hellasha
By listen I'm guessing you mean listen to you and you alone, everyone else be damned. Listening =/= agreeing there are 5+ million players here, each with their own ideas for what makes a game good. They can't possibly 'listen' to all of us.

I just wanted to respond to this.

They don't need to listen to "all" of us. They just need to pay attention to and deal with the things that are issues for substantial numbers of players. If something affects me, and me alone, they can ignore it, but if it negatively affects a very large segment of the player base, they should not.

They need to deal with things like the mess that is guild controls. Anyone who is a GM or guild officer can tell you what a major screw up that is.

They need to deal with/fix systems such as azurite (which, to give them credit, they appear to be working on).

They should be able to sort out for themselves which other hot button topics they should do something about (and what that "something" they do should be). In other games I have played, they periodically send out surveys through the in game mail to get a feel for how the majority of the players feel about various changes. I believe that this would be a good example for Blizzard to follow.

They do not need to cater to every individual request by every individual player. Claiming that this is what those who say that Blizzard needs to listen to their player base means is simply hyperbole.

That's not how hyperbole works, those claiming that Blizzard doesn't listen are the ones using fallacies.

Surveys are terrible for gathering data. No one here knows who the majority is or what the majority wants. Furthermore, game design by popular vote is a terrible way to develop a game.
Or a spinoff pet battle mobile game. I would be hella down for that.
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.
If we are willing to pay a little more

uh...those voices in your head don't count as subs.
Lol they're already bleeding subs like crazy, if they increased to cost of a sub on top of that? GG Wow. As previous posters mentioned, if the devs would prune their massive hubris that they know best this game would be in a better state.
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Cyouskin
If they need more revenue (they don't), maybe their partner company can be less terrible.

Uh oh greenie forgot they are PR shills and posted a post disagreeing with blizzards boss compant, prepare to lose greeie status