Increase Subscription to $19.99/month to Prevent Going Mobile

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Why would it be a bad thing if blizzard made a mobile version of WoW ?

I guess you don't understand the Diablo Immortal fiasco. its nothing about Blizzard making a mobile game. its all about them hyping some crap to PC player and not doing anything for PC.
They would just increase the sub and still continue to go mobile. If they could get away with it they would get direct access to your bank account and unlimited draw balance.

11/14/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Nazgu
Why would it be a bad thing if blizzard made a mobile version of WoW ?

I guess you don't understand the Diablo Immortal fiasco. its nothing about Blizzard making a mobile game. its all about them hyping some crap to PC player and not doing anything for PC.

I think not entirely for people. I think given the history of the mobile gaming industry and its montization practices people are scared for the future of blizz. Generally what they are scared of is the greed and how much more relaxed a company begins to become about core principles, about moral obligations. This is when people see blizz looking at their products through less of an artistic lens and more from an accountant's lens.
No, if we are ok with this at some point Blizzard will just charge 29.99 a month.

Better ideas:
1) Actually listen to the player base; have mods actually do things about tickets not having to do with abuse or cheating (the fact that almost a whole warfront group needs to open tickets for Blizz to respond to a bug is ridiculous).
2) Remove the loot box/grab bag mechanic for loot, period. It’s annoying farming a warfront or instance for hours, only to get a bunch of dupe bracers and boots.
3) Give returning players and long-time subscribers some perks.
If Blizzard really wanted to stop subs from bleeding out they'd listen to the people who play their game. Raising the price of a game they keep making less interesting to play isn't really going to help.
11/13/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Kamiski
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

Sorry that not how it works. Need to go back to school.
If their pc game is doing so poorly that it can't support itself, maybe it should just die and they can be a mobile company.

Then they can just churn out cheap crap quality games with little thought and bad writing, and still make profits
A lot of people already do. What do you think tokens are?

And no, this would not stop Blizzard's mobile agenda. What, do you think a business is only interested in making a specific amount of money? Even if they increased the sub fee, they would still be pushing for mobile. A business isn't going to say no to more money.
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games and new forum (decreasing sub count forcing Blizzard to look elsewhere). The mobile gaming industry is currently booming with profit. If we are willing to pay a little more, then there is no reason to switch to mobile. Increase subscription so that WoW stay PC focus!

No.

In fact this would only increase the speed at which they'd invest in more profitable ventures, including mobile games. Why? Because Blizzard would lose subscribers.

Why pay $20 a month (essentially) when I can pay $15 a month for one of Blizzard's competitors? More people would flock to the cheaper option, and Blizzard would lose a lot of money very quickly, only speeding up the creation of mobile games which generate staggering profits, which they'd need to make up for the losses they'd get from WoW sub decline.
Yeah! the dumbest suggestion ever has been located!

Pay them extra so they don't create something you dislike rather than pay them nothing so that they listen to you. You seriously got a common sense issue.

There's one stupid story in history that the defeated side keep paying the winning side so the enemy can raise bigger army to come back next year. Next year, the defeated again side robbed their own civilians to pay the winning side and suffer even harder the coming year.
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
I already pay $18.99 a month, no way would I pay twenty plus.

Yea same, I live in Canada and am dealing with 18$ I'd never want it to go more
Currently Blizzard is looking for ways to increase revenue to support their games

Nope, Blizzard isn't, ACTIVISION are the ones for whom mobile is the future, Blizzard are simply doing what their corporate masters tell them .. like they always have since selling out to them years ago.
I can totally understand why they want to go mobile and do microtransactions.

I see comments here on how this game is not even worth $5 a month. seriously?

With those comments and the negativity on forums i would want to kill the game as well and go full tilt on microtransactions too.

Basically its not the gaming company thats killing the game, its the players.

Make your own game then.
*hands brain* I think you left it out way too long, OP.
11/13/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Wrathu
11/13/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Abattøir
Investors hear "raise sub prices to 19.99 and go mobile."

So much this. How do people not understand this. They act like the mega companies are happy with ‘enough’ money. News flash, there is no ‘enough’ money. There is only more money.

Mouthful said. 10% true. There is no "enough" to these empty vessels.
If they wanted to keep subs high they wouldn't have gotten rid of flying in WoD, no other single decision has ever cost them as many subs, and they keep defending it as the only possible way the game could have gone forward.
This game should be sub free...there is currently no point in paying per month as all the content isn't even there yet. When is the next grand scheme?

We are paying for nothing right now.
lol
11/13/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Käyn
Maybe if they listened to their playerbase instead of going off the rail doing whatever they wanted which is causing them to bleed subs would help stem the loss of income and therefor would not need to do what you're suggesting.

So much this. Blizzard promoted bros and created a company with a narrow idea of what is fun instead of bringing in truly creative people and giving them a place at the table. Now they are reaping what they sowed.
Raising the price 5 bucks doesn't take any resources. Why couldn't they just raise it to 19.99 and release a mobile game.
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Zeropointt
So save WoW by reducing subs further?

Interesting.

*strokes beard*

*strokes your beard*