new ptr build

Arenas
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Dillon
That would mean you'd have no deadly poison or crippling
Crippling is applied by our default poisons dilly! We have two poisons default, Mind Numbing and Baby Wound are both applied by deadly though, so this is a pretty substantial damage output nerf, if people start to opt out of deadly poison.

Confused with what you mean by no crippling. TBH. I keep re-reading and can't find what you mean.

To be clear, you can't have two leathals. There's one lethal and one non lethal. So Deadly Poison + Wound hasn't been an option since MoP when they removed vials, outside of Set Bonus' and later on PvP talents that allowed Deadly and Wound poison to be used together. (Like the old assassination talent from wotlk / cata) And obviously the current (soon to be pruned) pvp talent

Yeah not 100% clear on what he meant either. Regardless I do think it’s probably a damage nerf but not by much and probably a boost to run wound vs Hpals. 10% more healing reduction vs running deadly is a lot imo. What % of Assassination Rogue damage is deadly poison after a game?
theyre still completely clueless on how to fix mm LMFAO
11/13/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Hexxes
What % of Assassination Rogue damage is deadly poison after a game?

18-20% normally with poison application and dot combined
My spec still isn't fun so I still don't care.

These patch notes could say, "All rogue specs deal 9000% more damage" and I still wouldn't care because destro is a steaming turd now.
11/13/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Hexxes
What % of Assassination Rogue damage is deadly poison after a game?

Depends, but it'll usually be in the top 3 vs non paladins. It's a lot of a rogues damage.

Deadly poison applies a DoT, but it also (when reapplied to a target already afflicted by deadly poison) does instant damage. So it's not as one dimensonal as just losing a DoT. It can even be considered burst, since the way Envenom Works is it gives a buff that increases the chance to apply poisons for a time. So this will also have a direct impact on Assassinations burst windows if we stop using deadly.
Holding out on hope that the replacement for Phantom Assassin is legit.
Please blizz....
11/13/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Dokgo
Please blizz....

I mean they can give all the nifty neato pvp talents they want. I don't know if it'll change how ugly current rogue is.
11/13/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Vãrick
Please blizz....

I mean they can give all the nifty neato pvp talents they want. I don't know if it'll change how ugly current rogue is.

As of right now, yea, the core of current state rogues won't change.
No amount of !@#$%ing and moaning will change that.
That's a bullet we're all going to have to take and move forward with.
I just want sub to do actual damage in a burst window without the use of shadowblades.
11/13/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Vãrick
Crippling is applied by our default poisons dilly! We have two poisons default, Mind Numbing and Baby Wound are both applied by deadly though, so this is a pretty substantial damage output nerf, if people start to opt out of deadly poison.

Confused with what you mean by no crippling. TBH. I keep re-reading and can't find what you mean.

To be clear, you can't have two leathals. There's one lethal and one non lethal. So Deadly Poison + Wound hasn't been an option since MoP when they removed vials, outside of Set Bonus' and later on PvP talents that allowed Deadly or Wound to apply other poisons (Like the old assassination talent from wotlk / cata) And obviously the current (soon to be pruned) pvp talent

Yeah what I meant is currently you can use deadly+crippling poison since wound is applied from that talent. But now if you need MS you'd have to sacrifice one of them which is a pretty big nerf

To be clear, you can't have two leathals. There's one lethal and one non lethal. So Deadly Poison + Wound hasn't been an option since MoP when they removed vials, outside of Set Bonus' and later on PvP talents that allowed Deadly or Wound to apply other poisons (Like the old assassination talent from wotlk / cata) And obviously the current (soon to be pruned) pvp talent

What?
11/13/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Vãrick
Please blizz....

Sad thing ugly current rogue is light years ahead of most classes in the game. Playstyle is the best out of all the specs of melee ive played in bfa.

Edit: sub rogue. You know what im about
11/13/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Dillon
...Crippling is applied by our default poisons dilly! We have two poisons default, Mind Numbing and Baby Wound are both applied by deadly though, so this is a pretty substantial damage output nerf, if people start to opt out of deadly poison.

Yeah what I meant is currently you can use deadly+crippling poison since wound is applied from that talent. But now if you need MS you'd have to sacrifice one of them which is a pretty big nerf

As was previously stated. You cant use deadly and wound. You either use deadly/cripple or wound/cripple. Also remember shiv now adds deadly wound and cripple on a 12 sec cooldown.
11/13/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Jøhnø
What?

Assassination Rogues can Have two poisons. One Lethal, and One Non lethal.

The only non lethal poison left in the game is Crippling Poison. And has no replacements / alternatives.

The only Lethal poisons in the game are Deadly Poison, or wound poison

The poison related PvP talents, all read "Deadly Posion" and don't interact with Wound poison at all. So with the removal of "deadly brew" (allows deadly poison to apply wound poison.) - Rogues might consider not taking deadly poison.

Without Deadly Poison, Rogues can't take Mind Numbing poison. (another popular choice.)

And without deadly poison, rogues do less damage in general.

Wound poison itself is still a strong poison, but Dillon said something like
no deadly poison or crippling
which none of this applies to. There's no way to opt out of using crippling currently unless you simply forget to apply the poison.

Nothing has changed about crippling yet.
they should make it to where if you enter arena you should be locked into sub rogue :^)
11/13/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Vãrick
11/13/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Jøhnø
What?

Assassination Rogues can Have two poisons. One Lethal, and One Non lethal.

The only non lethal poison left in the game is Crippling Poison. And has no replacements / alternatives.

The only Lethal poisons in the game are Deadly Poison, or wound poison

The poison related PvP talents, all read "Deadly Posion" and don't interact with Wound poison at all. So with the removal of "deadly brew" (allows deadly poison to apply wound poison.) - Rogues might consider not taking deadly poison.

Without Deadly Poison, Rogues can't take Mind Numbing poison. (another popular choice.)

And without deadly poison, rogues do less damage in general.

Wound poison itself is still a strong poison, but Dillon said "no crippling" which none of this applies to. There's no way to opt out of using crippling currently unless you simply forget to apply the poison.

Nothing has changed about crippling yet.

Yeh, this is was Dilion said essentially, which I agree with, my "whhhat" was at the other guy.

Ty =)
Good change imo!!! Sin damage needed toned down and this frees up a honor talent slot that was previously mandatory and pretty boring honestly!!
Yep sins damage output in it's current state never justified having an MS.

Imagine DH's with mortal wounds? Or Fury warriors?

lel.
Lightning Lasso
Where are the Warlock changes

Where are the mage nerfs

Why did they nerf the only promising pvp talent for WW monks

BLISSARD?
11/13/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Mongotimejr
<span class="truncated">...</span>

As was previously stated. You cant use deadly and wound. You either use deadly/cripple or wound/cripple. Also remember shiv now adds deadly wound and cripple on a 12 sec cooldown.

Ahh okay now I understand the wording issues. Big damage nerf though either way, my only point was you would then choose if you want wound or deadly poison but no matter the choice it's either take deadly and lose MS which is a big effective damage nerf or take your MS and lose deadly which is also really important