Nerfing Frostmage (snares) but not boomkin?

Arenas
Honestly, I am curious what is going to keep melee cleaves from becoming the meta if frost mages aren't there to keep them under control.

Also... they aren't even that amazing AND it is a pretty tough spec to play. Lots of outplay opportunities, lots of ways to get stopped.

If anything they should be looking at boomkin ... it's near as tanky as a frost mage, but has 3x the damage and just as much control.

Boomkins have 2 schools that are effective, effective spam CC, passive tankiness, and desperation tankiness (sitting bearform until the storm clears).

They do pretty good sustain and great burst.
Um...
mages are always good lol
11/13/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Phen
Um...

I don't know

11/13/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Wediscodisco
they aren't even that amazing AND it is a pretty tough spec to play

Rofl. Aren't amazing and are tough to play. haha.

If anything they should be looking at boomkin ... it's near as tanky as a frost mage,

What? Boomkin is infinitely more tanky than Frost. What are you even talking about not to mention it has Bear and great heals. Spriest and Boomkins are superior to even Tanks in taking dmg.

Boomkin should just be squishy. They have plenty of utility and Bear to avoid dmg but in Boomkin form they should flop over.
If you think frost mage slow/snare is ok.
Well
You may need professional help IRL
I honestly don't see frost mages that often in arena compared to boomkins.

Boomkin X healer seems to be a pretty solid comp
Your saying a boomkin should flop over ? Boomkins have no ability to get away from any class effectively with all the slows ,gap closers and stuns melee have.
Only thing about boomkin that really needs nerfing is the Lively Spirit trait allowing for those janky as 40k+ star surges. TBH I expected that the be nerfed not logn after Blizzcon.

Aside from that Boomkins feel "balanced: to me (hue hue). They lose almost all of their damage when forced to go defensive, and their only real high kill threat is very well telegraphed.

Just nerf lively spirit.
Honestly, I am curious what is going to keep melee cleaves from becoming the meta if frost mages aren't there to keep them under control.

Also... they aren't even that amazing AND it is a pretty tough spec to play. Lots of outplay opportunities, lots of ways to get stopped.

If anything they should be looking at boomkin ... it's near as tanky as a frost mage, but has 3x the damage and just as much control.

Boomkins have 2 schools that are effective, effective spam CC, passive tankiness, and desperation tankiness (sitting bearform until the storm clears).

They do pretty good sustain and great burst.

Drugs are bad.. everyone take note of how fried this kid is trying to act like frost mage slows are fine lmao..
I think the changes to frost mages are good. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it just blizzard/frozen orb snares nerfed and frostbolt snare duration reduced? The aoe snare is a no brainier that is obnoxious as !@#$ especially with the rng roots. I'm thinking frost mages will be fine in the next patch. If we are garbage though blizz should just buff frostbolt... Cause ya know I want to hit hard with frostbolt. Nerf my deep shatter talent if you have to.
Title of the thread is supposed to imply boomkin snares are an issue?

is there a connection I'm not seeing with frost mage snares and boomkin class kit
This is a PVE nerf that is bleeding over to PVP.
All protection specs need a 78% damage nerf
A warrior complaining about frost nerfs. What?

Frost snares have been needing a nerf since launch. You've lost your mind if you disagree. There isn't a melee spec in the game that can average enough uptime on a frost to even pressure them (Except Fury, by way of the Thirst For Battle talent)
11/14/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Patchy
Your saying a boomkin should flop over ? Boomkins have no ability to get away from any class effectively with all the slows ,gap closers and stuns melee have.

Cries in Warlock
11/14/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Glowrss
Only thing about boomkin that really needs nerfing is the Lively Spirit trait allowing for those janky as 40k+ star surges. TBH I expected that the be nerfed not logn after Blizzcon
My partner got hit with 3 30k+ star surges last night back to back to back. Lively Sprit needs nerfed 100% then I think they will be balanced. I don't mind boomkin being tanky as long as they can't spam 30-40k star surges. That !@#$ is insane.
Frost mage slows being so good are one of the big reasons the class can't get adjusted in other ways (i.e. meaningful damage w/ frostbolt outside of 3x tunnel of ice + lonely winter). They're easy to apply and easy to keep up. This just makes the duration less of an entire game thing and more of a short-term effect you can only keep up with sustained spell-use.

But you're right that boomkins are extremely good and somehow seem to consistently fly under the radar. Other things besides frost mage have been nerfed, however, while boomkin has stayed at a pretty strong level.
The problem with boomkins is they can sit in bear during any meaningful burst with insane hp and damage reduction as well as 20% increased healing taken. while just popping out to reapply dots/ throw a few nukes when casting windows are open....

THEN BAM

30k+30k starsurge with minimal setup.
Frost mage snares need to be nerfed so that other melee classes mobility can be nerfed. Playing as a caster other than mage against the cleave train is aids.