Step up, you salty underachievers!

General Discussion
11/13/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Virus
11/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Awby
I really cannot comprehend the obsession that the modern MMO playerbase has with content that you can afk or pseudo-afk through. Why even bother playing a game at that point? I'm not saying everything needs to be a naked SL1 Dark Souls run, but if it's so easy that you may as well not even be there, why not just play cookie clicker or something?

I think its less about people wanting to afk through everything and more of a feeling that we're always being nibbled away at, nerf this, cut back that, time gate this, remove that.

Its a war of attrition, me being unhappy with Blizzard changing things for the worst doesn't equal me wanting everything on a silver platter, i just hate it when the game feels like its getting worse and worse as we go forward. They're forever doubling down on fails and ignoring our feedback.

The way I look at it is that there is disconnect with the design philosophy. On one hand you have a player base that expects easy content, but also expects to be rewarded for it which Blizzard decided that they would cater for, but on the other side they don't want it to be too rewarding or at least less in line that hard content has reasonable rewards for the difficulty.

The only way they can satisfy the goals of both "easy content with decent rewards" and "difficult content still provides suitably improved rewards" is by designing the system to be easy, with decent rewards acquired over a period of time.
Yes. Blizzard needs to implement an auto pilot mode that does everything for you.
11/13/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Aesthetic
11/13/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Shekzeer
Timewalking dungeons are repeats. No one wants to see them drag out with trash with large health pools because its boring.

They may be new for you, I dont know.

Timewalking isnt cutting edge content where you go to prove your awesomeness. (Thats the gym)

But wevs.

The gym? Lol what are you one of those people who grunt loudly after benching 135

I think 135 would be an excellent bench press for a gnome.
I really cannot comprehend the obsession that the modern MMO playerbase has with content that you can afk or pseudo-afk through. Why even bother playing a game at that point? I'm not saying everything needs to be a naked SL1 Dark Souls run, but if it's so easy that you may as well not even be there, why not just play cookie clicker or something?

Have you seen the backlash that Warfronts have gotten? People have complained about how you can essentially AFK in them, and how you practically can't lose them.

I feel like your assessment is just a bit off base.
Umm so no one is gonna say the base ilevel of timewalking gear at 120?

Seriously whats the ilevel.
11/13/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Kakurine

According to Wowhead the ilvl scaling is reduced to 95 for TBC time walking dungeons and 141 for raids.

Edit: Not sure how accurate that is without testing. But according to that, dungeon ilevel scaling is higher than wearing full T6 gear. Black Temple loot is ilvl 88 and Warglaives are 90.
11/13/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Haavi
11/13/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Kakurine

According to Wowhead the ilvl scaling is reduced to 95 for TBC time walking dungeons and 141 for raids.

But thats well you are in the time walking right? What does the gear become when are no longer stat/level squished?

If the dungeon gear becomes 325 base and raid becomes 340 then the content should be on par in terms of difficulty. Otherwise the reward isn't worth the effort.
11/13/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Kakurine
But thats well you are in the time walking right? What does the gear become when are no longer stat/level squished?

If the dungeon gear becomes 325 base and raid becomes 340 then the content should be on par in terms of difficulty. Otherwise the reward isn't worth the effort.

My apologies, I miss read the question, I thought you wanted to know the ilvl squish for the scaling, not the rewards.

The rewards are apparently 335 ilvl from dungeons in TW.

Edit: 345 from raid.
11/13/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Faolana
11/13/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
Check out Korojin.

Koro is the literal god of forum post count.

Does he have more than Adelphie and Snow?
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Kakurine
What is the base ilevel of timewalking gear atm? This should determine how difficult said dungeons are.

What I said in my post I stand by - it shouldn't just be about doing something for gear. Why can't it also be about testing yourself, your abilities, taking on something a bit more difficult than strolling around gathering herbs or fishing?

I get that gear is a nice reward, but for me personally the real reward in WoW is doing something difficult. That sense of achievement is worth more than pixels.
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Reull
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Kakurine
What is the base ilevel of timewalking gear atm? This should determine how difficult said dungeons are.

What I said in my post I stand by - it shouldn't just be about doing something for gear. Why can't it also be about testing yourself, your abilities, taking on something a bit more difficult than strolling around gathering herbs or fishing?

I get that gear is a nice reward, but for me personally the real reward in WoW is doing something difficult. That sense of achievement is worth more than pixels.

Its really a matter of personal goals. Do we play games for challenge or fun. How important is the reward to you? How important is ego stroking?

The point of difficulty settings is to increase challenge well giving a reward.
Most players of any game are terrible at playing it.

And since Blizzard tends to accomadate to the average...

To those saying it's challenge vs reward...it varies for timewalking.

First, due to he scaling, you can't really outgear the content so the difficulty is relatively static.

Those with good gear uses to blowing up stuff will feel it's harder. Those fresh 120s at 210 item level will find it much closer to a normal difficulty.

That leads to the rewards which are 330 drops and a 355 for doing 4. The more geared you are, the less you probably want to do them since the reward isn't great.

On the contrary a fresh 120 in quest greens can get sizable upgrades way beyond what their gear should allow.

This is especially true for the timewalking raid. Where else can you pull your weight at 210 item level and get 355 drops?
11/14/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Kakurine
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Reull

Its really a matter of personal goals. Do we play games for challenge or fun. How important is the reward to you? How important is ego stroking?

The point of difficulty settings is to increase challenge well giving a reward.

I play for fun.
The reward matters (if its transmog - IDC about the perfect azerite trait).
I dont need my ego stoked, I know how awesome I am :)

I also play to waste time. And I have for 14 years. There were times in Vanilla I just logged into Mulgore and fished. on a level 10 character. It made me happy.