What reason do they have to stay?

Story Forum
11/14/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Amadis
11/14/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Saiphas
As for Gilneas' people, they didn't resettle in the EK, they had previously had been in the NE lands. I assume they were refugee's just like the NE civilians.

The Gilneans, as it seemed in Elegy any way, were living mostly on Teldrassil after losing Gilneas, given a home there by the Night Elves, and also per Elegy the Gilneans were given priority and were completely evacuated from Teldrassil to Stormwind. If they're showing up in Darkshore, it is most likely a return, same as the Night Elves who refuse to "languish in Stormwind" as Tyrande says.

11/14/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Saiphas
I fundamentally believe that going by only what is directly referenced is a bad choice, however, we will not see eye to eye on this matter.

I agree with you on this. I take back calling you silly, as, to be fair, I only said since you called me silly first, which is obviously childish a reason for me to do it, too. I know this is how you view things. It is not how I view things. And I honestly don't hold it against you. You're way of reading the lore is a perfectly good one. My way is simply not your way, though, so, obviously yes, we will not see eye to eye on this matter.

Alright, this is where normally I’d say let’s grab a beer or something but since that ain’t a option, will chat with ya another time.
11/14/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Saiphas
Alright, this is where normally I’d say let’s grab a beer or something but since that ain’t a option, will chat with ya another time.

Oh, man, I am the lightest lightweight ever. I get sick before I even get buzzed. And I'm a very angry drunk.... I strongly abstain from consuming alcohol for that reason. Even back at culinary school I asked for special permission to just smell the wines and spirits for our Wines class and bartending classes, which luckily the school earnestly respected my wishes about. Ironic, as Brewfest is my favorite in game holiday. I even have a real life Tankard O' Terror. But I'm getting rambly, which is a sign that I should be off to bed.

Chat with ya another time indeed.
11/14/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Lena
None at all.

Why do any of the races stay when the Alliance is so very clearly Stormwind First? The Alliance should have disintegrated after MoP.

Compound that with in Legion the draenei getting no help followed by BfA where the night elves get no help. It's clearly evident at this point if something does not serve the interests of Stormwind it will not be done.
THERE she is!!!

Now let’s see what facts you’re spinning this time to enforce your unrelenting hatred of humanity....

First off, is it Stormwind first? I mean sure, humans are the head and backbone of the Alliance military, but it’s not like they’re getting preferential treatment it’s more that they’re just the most proactive when it comes to collective Alliance affairs.

Second, the Draenei technically DID get help from the Army of the Light which WAS led by a high ranking Alliance commander, Turalyon. So in essence they kinda did. Then again, I really don’t know what you expected, were they to fit the entire Alliance military inside the Vindicaar?

Third, Stormwind most certainly did help, the Night elves didn’t teleport themselves out of their burning city. In fact, the help Stormwind provided is probably the only reason the Night elven people weren’t stranded in Kalimdor and almost entirely wiped out. Thanks to Stormwinds efforts enough of the Kaldorei we’re able to survive to eventually build up a force capable of retaking their lands.
11/14/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Kaileena
As for Saurfang, he needed his help. Im surprised he didn't seek out Thrall too. I also thought that in a moment of calm it would have been Tyrande that spoke to Saurfang. His brother is Broxigar (who I know people understandably hate, blame Richard Knaak) who was a friend to both Tyrande and Malfurion.

Personally, I hope "seeking out Thrall" is exactly what Saurfang is doing. Saurfang was found in the Swamp of Sorrows, and the only thing of value down there is the Dark Portal. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the reason Thrall has been MIA is that he happens to be on Outlands Dreanor; and is not privy to the ongoings of the Horde atm. Plus, it could give us a chance to revisit that zone in a quest-chain. :D
11/15/2018 04:34 AMPosted by Droité
11/14/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Kaileena
As for Saurfang, he needed his help. Im surprised he didn't seek out Thrall too. I also thought that in a moment of calm it would have been Tyrande that spoke to Saurfang. His brother is Broxigar (who I know people understandably hate, blame Richard Knaak) who was a friend to both Tyrande and Malfurion.

Personally, I hope "seeking out Thrall" is exactly what Saurfang is doing. Saurfang was found in the Swamp of Sorrows, and the only thing of value down there is the Dark Portal. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the reason Thrall has been MIA is that he happens to be on Outlands Dreanor; and is not privy to the ongoings of the Horde atm. Plus, it could give us a chance to revisit that zone in a quest-chain. :D

I hope he does. I feel like Thrall needs to be involved. He lost his powers after his fight with Garrosh (I think I'm correct on that). If so maybe it's possible thes that have boy come back because the shamanic horde that he rebuilt is plunging further inti chaos and he's done nothing to stop it. Just a theory of course. With those and Baine they should have the support to throw her out.

11/14/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Pyrogar

Third, Stormwind most certainly did help, the Night elves didn’t teleport themselves out of their burning city. In fact, the help Stormwind provided is probably the only reason the Night elven people weren’t stranded in Kalimdor and almost entirely wiped out. Thanks to Stormwinds efforts enough of the Kaldorei we’re able to survive to eventually build up a force capable of retaking their lands.

I'm just being picky but those who evacuated get only civilians. The Kal'dorei army is in tact. The small portion that got back in time fought but most of them left when the tide turned.
11/14/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Etheldald
11/14/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Galarion
1. you're right, they do need allies. but the allies they have aren't helping. If they're not helping you in your time of need are they really allies?
fighting the horde is helping.. the alliance responded to the call and they are currently at war that the horde started on the nelfs.
If the alliance don't have naval superiority they can't send help, their seat of power is on EK.
if the horde gains naval superiority and defeat the alliance in both kultiras and EK what the nelfs could do to stop them? why they have to act emotionally ? that is the kind of behavior that makes you be killed.
Indeed. Fighting the Horde in Zandalar is keeping the Horde from being able to turn it's full power towards consolidating it's hold on former Night Elf territory.
Well, this isn't another thread asking what the heck Nightborne are doing in the Horde, I guess.