Why junkergnomes and Vulpera will go together

General Discussion
I'm still waiting on an allied race that is actually impressive. Vulpera is close, but not worth switching for.
11/15/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Shadowy
I was actually just searching for that dumb mega thread. I am happy they didn't announce this as a new race, If they do bring them out, I don't care, good for everyone that likes them, but I find it will be a pretty immature race for WoW to bring out. Just look at Pandarens - Nobody really Mains them now-days
"Immature."

Yes, indeed! They don't belong in my game dark and mature video game with oversized pauldrons straight out of Warhammer, Leeroy Jenkins, tons of pop culture references, NPCs explicitly based on real world celebrities, laughable self-contradicting lore, black-and-white morality, once-an-expansion poop quests, an entire zone dedicated to ripping off Indiana Jones, the entire "Elemental Bonds" questline, the entirety of Warlords of Draenor, a glowing windchime that constantly preaches at you about her Illidan-sama fanfiction, an edgelord drama queen who explicitly wants to "kill hope," and God knows what I may have forgotten.

Blizzard should only cater to mature gamers like us!
11/15/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Frerin
Honestly getting junker gnomes if Horde got Vulpera would be disappointing.

Yeah. Right now, alliance needs to get a cool race. While I am sure that there are some people who would be happy to get junker gnomes, gnomes are not exactly one of the more popular races, and if Blizzard plans to make junker gnomes the next allied race that alliance gets, the forums would go up in a blaze over blatant horde favoritism, and I would not blame anyone who mains alliance for that.
11/14/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Adelphie
Because there's pretty much no other allied race option for Alliance right now?

INB4 high elves.

They've literally told us that Void Elves are likely going to get High Elf customization to fill the High Elf fantasy.

High Elves would waste an Allied Race slot.
Do you think we'll get another pair of allied races in this expansion? I mean, I'm quite happy to have the option, but I don't think there's been any formal announcements to support a 5th pair yet.
At Blizzcon when they announced allied races, they talked about 6 races to start, and then pairs of them at a later date. At that stage the Mag'har and Kul Tirans were not announced.
11/15/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Jim
Do you think we'll get another pair of allied races in this expansion? I mean, I'm quite happy to have the option, but I don't think there's been any formal announcements to support a 5th pair yet.
At Blizzcon when they announced allied races, they talked about 6 races to start, and then pairs of them at a later date. At that stage the Mag'har and Kul Tirans were not announced.

They've already said there will be at BlizzCon, they just aren't ready to talk about them yet.

If I had to guess, they'll be used as bait to keep people subscribed during the downtime during the end of xpac before the next xpac launches like they did with the original 4 Allied Races. Still technically BFA but not really.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Maizou
If I had to guess, they'll be used as bait to keep people subscribed during the downtime during the end of xpac before the next xpac launches like they did with the original 4 Allied Races. Still technically BFA but not really.
That sounds likely.