Dark Iron Dwarves model used inconsistently

General Discussion
Normally when a newer, shinier model comes in for a preexisting race it completely replaces all the old models. I've noticed that this hasn't been the case with DID. There are many that still use the old model (even new NPCs), while others use the new player model. It's a bit jarring and I think they should all be consistently represented with the new models.
The Zandalari trolls from ToT also have different models. They have blue tattoos and the playable ones have gold tattoos.
I was disappointed when I saw they didn't update the old Dark Iron dwarf models. It came off as lazy. If even new NPCs aren't using the new model that just makes it worse.
Ogres got the same treatment too iirc. Hell, I think the ogres in Blasted Lands had the newer ones for awhile but swapped back to the old ones for no reason. Dunno how they are right now.
Some of them just look like regular dwarves. I recruited a rare follower that looks just like a regular dwarf. Everytime I talk to him he uses the metallic iron dwarf voice. So I guess he's an iron dwarf.
That doesn't make him any less of a loser though. He's failed 6 missions in a row with a 72 percent possible success rate. If you opened an encyclopedia to *loser it would be a picture of this doofus.
11/15/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Thorland
I was disappointed when I saw they didn't update the old Dark Iron dwarf models. It came off as lazy. If even new NPCs aren't using the new model that just makes it worse.

Yeah, that's it exactly. It comes across as lazy.
Have you been to the Mogu'shan Vaults? The Zandalari who are attacking it all use the Darkspear models, not the new Zandalari models.