Token Dropping Bellow 100k

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
10/06/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Greenegg
no? it just means that a ton of people are buying them for real money, making their gold worth go down.

why dont people understand this? im literally sooo stupid and i knew it would drop at the start of the xpac.... but soooo many people didnt know and aggressively thought the opposite. like...

wat.
Probably will go down even more when COD is released on Oct 13th.

Let's see.
Price of these tokens would go through the roof if Activision would let you buy their games that are supported on battlenet with battlenet balance. Love to see the price of tokens if you could buy CoD with them.
If anything, a cheaper Token would indicate a higher number of subs, because more people are also purchasing tokens with cash for gold.
Drama for nothing. Its not below 100K.
10/06/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Solarwynds
Drama for nothing. Its not below 100K.

Sad, I was gonna throw some gold at that
They are still 103k on US servers.
10/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Woodstôck
I play a few hours daily and also noticed that the gold income has gone way down compared to legion, by a lot. ( AH income excluded ) I mean by just playing.

Gold squish to go with the stat squish.
10/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Déép
Clear sign no one is renewing their sub not even with gold?

Are you getting thousands of gold per day from mission tables, like you did at the end of legion?
10/06/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Onaxisthrom

Let's see.

No it would go up cause people will buy tokens with gold blizzard balance to buy it
10/06/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Greenegg
no? it just means that a ton of people are buying them for real money, making their gold worth go down.

yep working as designed

the WoW cash shop will only blossom to more and more things in the future, as this game continues to slide to F2P mechanics for almost everything

deff not because i unsubbed and before i did i turned my 2.6 mil gold into Bnet balance so i bought a ton of tokens
That's not how this works....
I literally bought 8 wow tokens last night.

I don't see your point.

I bought 6 Months Game Time + Dreadwake (Despite Considering it Ugly, I figured might as well get the mount if I'm buying the game time anyway), WoD Digital Deluxe and Legion Digital Deluxe.

How else do you expect people to afford pots/flasks without subsidizing with wow tokens?
10/06/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Darkestalker
10/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Woodstôck
I play a few hours daily and also noticed that the gold income has gone way down compared to legion, by a lot. ( AH income excluded ) I mean by just playing.

Gold squish to go with the stat squish.

An austerity program.

Loss of access to easy gold means people are cutting back on buying. The less they buy, the less income there is for people who sell things.

I think Ion heard there was runaway inflation (which is absurd, given that there were only a few luxury items with high prices) and decided to apply some austerity strategies that have crashed the economy. I see a lot of people saying they can't afford to raid. That doesn't mean they're willing to sink unlimited amounts of real money into the game so they can buy things they have no gold for. So token prices are falling, too.

It doesn't help that a lot of people are unhappy for a lot of other reasons. This is a game. People buy it because it's entertaining and fun. When it's no longer fun because they can't afford what it costs to play in-game, that's a problem, that Ion isn't going to be able to respond to, since he has already told us that the only metric they consider when designing the game is our fun.

Who wants to pay $15 a month sit and stare at a wall for hours because you don't have the in-game currency required to play?
10/06/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Rastlin
And if you actually believe they have no internal controls on the price of those tokens and it is just "supply and demand" I have some wonderful swamp land to sell you in Florida.

You're just blowing smoke. You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that they have made any adjustments to the price of the WoW tokens after the initial launch.
10/06/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Espanyolo
Price of these tokens would go through the roof if Activision would let you buy their games that are supported on battlenet with battlenet balance. Love to see the price of tokens if you could buy CoD with them.

You can buy CoD with b.net balance, Destiny 2 as well.
10/06/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Onaxisthrom
And if you believe Rastlin has wonderful swamp land in California, I have a very successful unflavoured healthy snowcone company I would like to sell you in Canada.
No one should take anything Rastlin says seriously.

This is a guy who spent the whole time from when Patch 7.2 was released until July 17th when 8.0 was released having a never-ending temper tantrum that he could not do the Mage Tower challenges and kept demanding he be given the transmog skins even though Blizzard nerfed it 3-4 times by design.

10/06/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Zaiya
The token is going down because it artificially went up because of the dreadwake 6 months mount and Blizzcon virtual ticket.
I wouldn't say those are "artificial", but yes, they spike up at those times. We also saw them spike when Destiny 2 was announced as going to be available on BattleNet, when Hearthstone expansions come out, etc.

Any event that will trigger a large amount of purchases in the Blizzard Store will probably trigger a spike in the price of tokens.

10/06/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Onaxisthrom
They'll probably spike up again since people will be buying them up to turn them into $20/ea to buy Call of Doody.

10/07/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Rankin
You're just blowing smoke. You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that they have made any adjustments to the price of the WoW tokens after the initial launch.
I hope you're reporting his posts. I just open up a copy of the Code of Conduct and copy/paste the rules he breaks when I report them.
No demand for tokens

The lack of gold and the players not having the gold to stay subbed anymore.

It will Hurt the WoW Players Population, since BfA may worth the 100k gold but not the $15 dollars.

We are in the middle of a crisis right now.

At this point we can only go down...