Classic WoW: You want the feel, not the gameplay

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
10/18/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Currency
to be fair, the specs now play like garbage.
In Vanilla Ret Paladin's rotation was mostly just auto-attack, no spec is THAT bad nowadays.
I think they really want to go back to how it was. It's like people that idolize the era of their youth. "The 19XX's were better!"

I think those that are willing to try are going to get a bit of what the want. But the world is not the same as 2004. I think it will be successful enough. But it will be for a niche audience.
10/19/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Xilexa
I think they really want to go back to how it was. It's like people that idolize the era of their youth. "The 19XX's were better!"

I think those that are willing to try are going to get a bit of what the want. But the world is not the same as 2004. I think it will be successful enough. But it will be for a niche audience.

vanilla/tbc/wotlk are really designed in a timeless way. you could play them
ten years from now or two days from now, and they'd still have the same fun aspects, and the feeling of advancing. it's also quite sandbox like and loaded with rpg functions. retail is a themepark mmo action game. both game styles have their good features. but they aren't the same game.
10/19/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Xilexa

After 5 days of playing classic in a p server me and my buddy already had an inside joke, we werent back in 2004, we were actually back in 1998, because the players in dungeons were so bad we wondered how they figured out how to download the game on a torrent. i tell the warlock to wait 2 sec before dps so the tank can get aggro, and the warlock responds this isnt bfa lmao.
10/18/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Gurgles
Classic WoW will fail, there is no denying this, and people who say otherwise are so deluded and disconnected from reality, but they will learn a harsh lesson in due time.

What players want and miss from Classic WoW: The world, the community, the familiarity, and the challenge.
What players dont yet realize are gonna get: A complete deletion of 15 years worth of quality-of-life changes, balance and visual enhancements.

I dont need to list it, you all know the gigs, no transmogs, no LFG, no account-wide progression, and all your favorite specs will play like hot garbage.

Whats sad is blizzard listened to the vocal minority, and classic WoW will face the same fate as Wildstar did... the *hardcore* target audience is so little compared to the casual majority, and the casual majority will quit after wanding the 35'th satyr to death.

You don’t speak for anyone...Classic forums ———
nope
I'm not sure why everyone assumes it's going to be released without quality of life improvements. The dumbest thing they could do is go the purest route with classic.
10/19/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Nusku
I would agree with the spirit of your post, OP.

Most fun ever in WoW for me, was Vanilla.

Don't have much interest in doing it again, especially not with today's WoW players. Most of them won't last a week, anyway.

Luckily, we’ll over 100 million players have quit retail over the course of the game. So “today’s “ players aren’t required for it to be successful. There were enough players on Nostalrius to fill several servers. Many more will actually return for a true Blizzard option w presumably less bugs and actually being legal...
Of course it will fail. It will start to rize then it will go splat.

However the servers would not shutdown though cause this is blizzard :)
10/18/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Gurgles
Classic WoW will fail, there is no denying this, and people who say otherwise are so deluded and disconnected from reality, but they will learn a harsh lesson in due time.

What players want and miss from Classic WoW: The world, the community, the familiarity, and the challenge.
What players dont yet realize are gonna get: A complete deletion of 15 years worth of quality-of-life changes, balance and visual enhancements.

I dont need to list it, you all know the gigs, no transmogs, no LFG, no account-wide progression, and all your favorite specs will play like hot garbage.

Whats sad is blizzard listened to the vocal minority, and classic WoW will face the same fate as Wildstar did... the *hardcore* target audience is so little compared to the casual majority, and the casual majority will quit after wanding the 35'th satyr to death.

actually you are infact 100% wrong 2 years going and still enjoy ever bit. our raid team grows everyday and the content doesn't get old!
Lol people don't get it, in classic you don't play a "spec" you play a class and with the old talent trees you can make it as optimal or as niche as you want it for killing specific classes or doing specific open world activities.

And the OoL changes removed the animosity people gain towards others, how many world pvp battles are started because someone in your group that you spent 45 mins+ putting together is getting camped by other players.

Also the game just feels bad in general i remember along time ago one of the devs said they never wanted to separate pvp and pve ability's and damage so your character always felt the same and played the same.

Everyone thought that was the dumbest thing they had ever herd so every for years cried for that than they changed it now you see stuff all the time like "x now does 40% less damage vs players"

Game feels like total !@#$ show right now classic outperforming the main game is the wake up call this dev team needs
10/19/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Comedy
I'm not sure why everyone assumes it's going to be released without quality of life improvements. The dumbest thing they could do is go the purest route with classic.

Why? We want an unmolested version of what we played. We dont want lfg tools, mogs, flying mounts or any of that.
There’s no denying this? LOL. BfA failed.
10/19/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Amarlly
10/18/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Currency
to be fair, the specs now play like garbage.
In Vanilla Ret Paladin's rotation was mostly just auto-attack, no spec is THAT bad nowadays.

Seal -> Judgment - Auto attack - Seal -> Judgment....
10/18/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Exuri
Took this from my post in classic section

I honestly can't wait to see what side wins and the I told you so's and backpedals.
My internal hype train is just chugging away.

Classic Vs Retail the battle of the subs.

Will classic take the reigns and kill the current state of WoW or Will retail remain the cash cow power house and show the contending Classic he was just in it for the dream.

I bet anything Classic will take over. If they announce TBC after, it’s 100% over for BfA (beg for abilities).
I really want to play old school alterac valley, I know it won't be as fun as it use to but, the current version right now is gutted and streamlined to pointlessness.
I think you underestimate how much community content creators and personalities are supporting classic wow. While BFA gets a lot of hate among streamers and content creators, classic is being marketed as this sort of all-out response to BFA's problems, which it is in a way.

While I don't agree with hardliners like asmongold that the retail game should be made for people who have a lot of time to play and not older people who started wow when they were young and now have less time due to family and jobs, I feel like classic would allow the hardliners to find that game they're looking for. Yes, I do support LFG, but I would like to at least experience what pre-LFG wow was like. So yeah, you'd think classic wouldn't do well but in my mind...people would gladly give up some of the quality of life improvements like LFG to experience community and lack of sharding.
I hope people find what they're looking for. I played during Classic and it was amazing discovering World of Warcraft but beyond farting around in Classic [if it's part of the sub], I have little desire to go back. I suspect the extent of my involvement will depend upon what most of the guild decides to do. Some of us have known each other since vanilla or BC. We may end up with a guild set up there "for funsies".
The things I miss about vanilla the most were the ability to created unique talent trees using points within your class/spec talent tree as opposed to this dumbed down "hello kitty" stuff they have now where you can select one talent from each tier. It was great fun to optimize your spec and see what was best for you and your play style. Wow has just continued to dumb things down and take away more and more choices as well as giving multiple classes the same abilities which were once unique and provided a better sense of value and utility to someone choosing to play a class.

The other thing I miss is likely lost forever, which is the strong sense of community in guilds. Due to LFR, WoW has become almost like playing a stand-alone game where the other players are little more than NPCs. No sense of getting to know or even being polite to a group you will likely never see again. Although I realize that Vanilla won't have LFR, I think it is hard to put the cat back in the bag. It's also going to be difficult to get 40 man raiding guilds to make a comeback. Most current guilds have trouble keeping 20 consistent players and even back in vanilla itself fielding 40 man raid groups was difficult and involved many people being benched. Today's wow plyers are likely not going to sit outside an instance for 4-6 hours just in case someone disconnects.
Couldn't agree more..