Give scattershot at baseline....

Hunter
...for Marks and BM and put scatter back to the old fear DR (so it does not DR traps).

With that small change both specs become way more viable in pvp. Both ranged specs will be able to get their own traps (like surv can now) and it will open more opportunities for skilled plays.
BM's got Intimidation, Scatter's not needed. MM really could use it though.
No, BM doesn't need more CC.
It does need more CC, in arenas, landing your ice trap is extremely hard without scatter shot , People saying BM has intimidation do not really know what they are talking about. Imagine this, arena 3s, you are atacking a warrior who is on your healer, your pet is on the warrior, the enemy healer is away from the warrior, therefore away from your pet, you need to use icetrap, before you could scatter shot on the healer and then ice trap, it was a cool move that you need to master, there is no possible scenario where taking your pet away from the warrior to intimidate the healer and then icetrap is viable. BM hunters used to have scatter it is not something new.
10/22/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Unhe
It does need more CC, in arenas, landing your ice trap is extremely hard without scatter shot , People saying BM has intimidation do not really know what they are talking about. Imagine this, arena 3s, you are atacking a warrior who is on your healer, your pet is on the warrior, the enemy healer is away from the warrior, therefore away from your pet, you need to use icetrap, before you could scatter shot on the healer and then ice trap, it was a cool move that you need to master, there is no possible scenario where taking your pet away from the warrior to intimidate the healer and then icetrap is viable. BM hunters used to have scatter it is not something new.
You're right, I don't PvP, but where are your teammates?
10/22/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Whim
After some personal experience, I can at least attest to trap needing setup all the time from a teammate. While I can get lucky and run over and snap a trap on a priest or pally occasionally (and sometimes I can fake out a grounding totem from a shammy), trapping a monk and especially a druid are particularly difficult affairs.
10/22/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Whim
You don't have any because: every other ranged class has a good CC, you can't put out enough damage to kill anyone, you can't offheal & you don't bring any other value to the team.
10/22/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Afterimage
You don't have any because: every other ranged class has a good CC
I'm more likely to be SV personally, since it's what I prefer to play.
10/22/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Unhe

haha and when you do a scatter trap your trap is 4 seconds. its bummer
Feral is now getting clone. Bring back scattershot
I don't get why this ability DRs with trap at all.

Two globals to CC a healer for 8 seconds, not mentioning the fact it is obvious the trap is coming after it, making it a MUST for your team to cross CC in order for you to land a 4 seconds trap, what a joke.

If used on the off DPS, makes MM hunter USELESS with Feral, SP, Boomy, Lock or any other related comp with dots, since you will be basically healing the target when you scatter it, making switchs useless.

Would rather have intimidation on 1 min cd than this as it is right now, but then again that doesn't make sense for MM hunter, does it?

Get it off DR seriously, it will make this spec viable in arena again and a lot of hunters happy.
My biggest problem is that bm relies so hard on good partners for its own cc. You could play perfect as bm and still not get to trap as the ret you are running with doesnt know how to set up a stun for trap on his timing to save his life. And hoj and trap are dispellable even if landed properly. We arent like a mage where we have 360 traps to throw at once. You must set up several trap chains in a row just to set up kills...first times getting dps cds...second setup getting healer trinkets...third setup getting a few more defensives or kill...so on till someone dies. One trap chain only kills bad players...and now we rely solely on our partner for this chain...and while trapping have to kick md and stop dh or shams and rets from just off cleansing it...very punishing and hard mechanic. With higher dps out put before nerfs traps werent needed near as badly as we sometimes had the pressure to force hard casting heals...this meant healers stayed still to get trapped more often...now as our dps loses preasure traps have become much easier to premonition, grounding, sac, out run, port away. Feel we dont need more damage feel like post haste needs yo go back to the freedom...for 8 seconds...and we need binding stun to be reverted...after all dh, rogues get multi stuns...
10/24/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Thuperduper
My biggest problem is that bm relies so hard on good partners for its own cc. You could play perfect as bm and still not get to trap as the ret you are running with doesnt know how to set up a stun for trap on his timing to save his life. And hoj and trap are dispellable even if landed properly. We arent like a mage where we have 360 traps to throw at once. You must set up several trap chains in a row just to set up kills...first times getting dps cds...second setup getting healer trinkets...third setup getting a few more defensives or kill...so on till someone dies. One trap chain only kills bad players...and now we rely solely on our partner for this chain...and while trapping have to kick md and stop dh or shams and rets from just off cleansing it...very punishing and hard mechanic. With higher dps out put before nerfs traps werent needed near as badly as we sometimes had the pressure to force hard casting heals...this meant healers stayed still to get trapped more often...now as our dps loses preasure traps have become much easier to premonition, grounding, sac, out run, port away. Feel we dont need more damage feel like post haste needs yo go back to the freedom...for 8 seconds...and we need binding stun to be reverted...after all dh, rogues get multi stuns...

I feel you, but this is fixed with proper CC on the off DPS to prevent any sort of peel.

While it is true that as BM you rely on your team for proper traps, like hoj from your ret on the healer then cyclone/hex/hoj/interrupt from your healer on the off dps (to prevent DH reverse magic, SP Mass Dispell, grounding, etc), remember you have a stun on 1 min cd that can cause a triple CC on the entire enemy team to set up CDS or Kills, even if your trap gets dispelled halfway, you put up pressure.

That's the way the arenas work, the better comp will be the one to outlast the other on CDS if game is played to perfection, yet both BM and SV have the dmg and CC possible to do this with a proper composition.

MM is a different story, you don't have a stun. You only have a scatter shot that can be used on the off target to CLEAN(HEAL) him from dots, using two globals on the burst window btw, unless you want to scatter trap the healer, rofl.

You lack DMG, you heal the off target and you are forced to play a no switch tunnel vision comp. MM is a joke. Besides the previous interaction makes this spec useless for 2s, what you gonna scatter?

Either remove this useless talent and give MM intimidation, or make it useful again, for gods sake.
10/18/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Natesanders

It’s 1 min cooldown. You would have an argument if they would make it like stormbolt or felguard stun, 4 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown , then we wouldn’t need scatter.
10/25/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Preacherjim
10/18/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Natesanders

It’s 1 min cooldown. You would have an argument if they would make it like stormbolt or felguard stun, 4 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown , then we wouldn’t need scatter.
Scatter and Intimidation at the same time might be a bit too much personally.
Yes i understand how cross cc works. Bm stuns dps, ret stuns heals, priest mc on off target is ideal. My point is you can play like a 2900 exp bm player for example but ur ret may not set up stuns at all properly or things happen to get ur cc out of whack like enemies trinkets and the peel the hunter right as the hoj is out before traps destroying ur entire chains...and making trap a total seperate cd timer than hojjes...if bm was capable of recovering that cc on his own like survival is through harpoon trap...then bm wouldnt need damage buffed. Cross cc is ideal but lots of things can stop cross cc. Bubbles, trinkets, bops, and thats if ur 2 partners land cc perfectly. Bm is 2 partner reliant. Its nearly impossible to trap vs good heals. Intimidate heals 1 minute cd...trap off its cleansed...next trap have no intimidate...so ideal is war stun...pally hoj...feral bash...but its very iffy and not smooth
What they need to do is just make scatter a stun on a 30sec CD. Give mm something that BM or surv don't have. They deserve it.