✩ I'm starting to really hate this.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
/script SetRaidTarget("player",0);

Just macro that to an ability you use a lot, or have a seperate bind for it in case you need it for raiding or some such.
10/21/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Raiyyn
10/21/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Sanctorum
You can put star on a tank all you want, it's not gonna make you heal better.

No one said it would make anyone heal better. What a ridiculous thing to even imply.

It allows for better visibility, especially with all the tanks that run ahead of the group to pull the entire instance all at once. In today's "gogogogogogo" game play, sometimes better visibility is actually a good thing.

If you're not one of those tanks, good for you! That's actually pretty fantastic (I hate them). But most tanks are that way and many will mark themselves to help with visibility.

Again...

It has nothing to do with healing ability, it has to do with ability to find someone who runs away from the group regularly.

I gauge the first pull and see where the gear and dps is, then I pull accordingly. But you have a map. And shift + m even gives you a smaller map you can always have on the screen. Also I would think the huge wave of mobs moving in one direction would be pretty clear indication of where he's going. Listen, if people want to do it on themselves or to people that don't care, then it's fine by me. My problem is that when I take it off, they put it back. When I ask nicely, they don't care. And today twice someone has marked me on headless horseman which was the tip of the iceberg for me. It's always bothered me but I've never made a thread crying about it. But it's getting pretty ridiculous.
I don't usually do that,but if I see you in an instance,I'm marking you for everyone to see.
10/21/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Sanctorum
When you queue with randoms and they automatically put a star or some symbol or on your head as if you're a sim character or something. It throws me off, I hate looking at it. It's annoying and it cheapens the way the game looks. They're also antiquated and blizzard has not changed their look since vanilla. Why are so many people doing that nowadays when It's so easy to focus target? And forget about asking nicely to stop doing that, they get mad and insulted.

There's also an addon that puts it automatically if you take it off. Blizzard should look into this, it gives the player no control to take it off. It's my character, I don't want a stupid symbol on my head for no reason. Especially on extremely easy content.

I use to do this to the tank and healer in a dungeon group so I could easily keep track of where they were but only if it was very dark and/or a lot going on. I use to think the markers were just for me to see and when I found out that everyone can see them I stopped doing it. I wish there was an addon where I can mark people in my group/raid and nobody but me can see the marks.
Stop complaining. It does more good than bad, as pointed out by so many people in here. If you can't see that, then too bad.
They way I see it in a cooperative game if someone wants to mark people to make the game easier for them then ok.
10/21/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Sanctorum
I know it's not a big deal, I made the thread so some people can see that it bothers other people, and if I take it off. leave it off.

Most likely people you want to know this don’t care, and probably don’t visit the forums either. Sorry.
The absolute best players in the world use marks on their group. It's not something noobs use as a crutch like you are making it out to be.
10/21/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Sanctorum
I gauge the first pull and see where the gear and dps is, then I pull accordingly. But you have a map. And shift + m even gives you a smaller map you can always have on the screen.

Yes, there are sets of maps.
This is just another tool.
If you don't understand the words "Visibility" and "Good" in that order, I don't think there's much help for you.
10/21/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Mursh
I did that once to a friend that was new. Put the red X over him
and he thought it meant his game time was ending and he was
going to be kicked offline.
haha, that's cute that he thought that. Poor bugger.
If it ruins your immersion and cheapens the game, just scroll in to first person. You’ll be so immersed you can’t stand it.
When you queue with randoms and they automatically put a star or some symbol or on your head as if you're a sim character or something. It throws me off, I hate looking at it. It's annoying and it cheapens the way the game looks. They're also antiquated and blizzard has not changed their look since vanilla. Why are so many people doing that nowadays when It's so easy to focus target? And forget about asking nicely to stop doing that, they get mad and insulted.

There's also an addon that puts it automatically if you take it off. Blizzard should look into this, it gives the player no control to take it off. It's my character, I don't want a stupid symbol on my head for no reason. Especially on extremely easy content.

If you're a tank, the marker goes on so the healer can find you easily.
10/21/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Zuelya
They way I see it in a cooperative game if someone wants to mark people to make the game easier for them then ok.

So if it throws me off my gameplay then it's fine? If it bothers me and I take it off, forget what I prefer as long as it makes it easier for you? But it's supposed to be cooperative... If I take it off, leave it off is all I'm saying. If you need any type of help, then just ask. If you need me to go slower ask. I heal too so I appreciate my healers and know what they go through. I'm not looking at this one sided. I just don't like it and would prefer to not have anything on my character if it's not absolutely needed.
10/21/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Lebli
10/21/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Sanctorum
I gauge the first pull and see where the gear and dps is, then I pull accordingly. But you have a map. And shift + m even gives you a smaller map you can always have on the screen.

If you don't understand the words "Visibility" and "Good" in that order, I don't think there's much help for you.

I play all roles and not once have I lost track of anything or needed an orange condom or star to do my job. So if you do, then I'm the one who feels bad for you. L2P.
..and I don't know if you know but I'm pretty sure blizzard included this for SPECIAL OCCASIONS. If they wanted you to run around with crap in your head, they've would've done so.
10/21/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Danielrather
Yes, I love searching for my tanks in trash pulls with the epileptic nightmare of spells going off in my face. I mark tanks so I can find you in the clusterfu of spells, effects, and mobs that can obscure where you are and which direction you're facing.

Sometimes, living and dying is knowing where your tank is and which way they are facing. The marker serves that purpose.

It's not just tank, the last boss of ToS requires me to put a marker on the healers, because guess what? Everything goes to the healer in that fight, frogs, Guardians, Plague Doctor, stand on the healer, grab the agro, squish the frogs, self cleanse far more efficient then playing in the chaos.

It's obvious that OP is Sunday Trolling and/or a scrub. I'm leaning towards both.
10/21/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Sanctorum
10/21/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Zuelya

So if it throws me off my gameplay then it's fine? If it bothers me and I take it off, forget what I prefer as long as it makes it easier for you? But it's supposed to be cooperative... If I take it off, leave it off is all I'm saying. If you need any type of help, then just ask. If you need me to go slower ask. I heal too so I appreciate my healers and know what they go through. I'm not looking at this one sided. I just don't like it and would prefer to not have anything on my character if it's not absolutely needed.

10/21/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Sanctorum
10/21/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Lebli

I play all roles and not once have I lost track of anything or needed an orange condom or star to do my job. So if you do, then I'm the one who feels bad for you. L2P.

I'm just going to call this the three strikes rule of being nice.
You're a moron.
If someone in the group needs it, then you should let them use it.
if something this tiny throws off your MLG Mythic raiding first kill gameplay that hard, well... adapt. Also known as L2P.
When you queue with randoms and they automatically put a star or some symbol or on your head as if you're a sim character or something. It throws me off, I hate looking at it.

I hate it with the fires of a thousand suns.
I keybound "remove symbol" to a key and I just instantly remove it.

sometimes multiple times. Maybe it makes me petty, I don't even care, I'm not running an entire dungeon with a mark on my head.

10/21/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Pyrinaria
We need personal colored symbols.

This would actually be quite fantastic. Then the healer could mark me as the tank, and I wouldn't care. the dps could mark the healer. I could mark the dps I wanted to target with a cleave (just kidding), etc.
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

I like to keep track of the tanks but I mostly don't get the lead.