Is there any race with less substance than void elves?

General Discussion
It's pretty obvious their initial intent was for Alliance to get Broken Draenei and High Elves, and it was all scrapped to give Turalyon and Alleria an army of their own because god forbid they don't make sweeping lore switches without paying attention to the consequences of their decisions.
10/25/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Nelathleon
  • Our faction leader doesn't even look like one of us.
  • We have no prominent heroes in the lore (unless you count that guy who opens portals for people like a taxi service during the 7th Legion Campaign. Wow. He did mage-y things, except they were black).

• These elements, combined with the fact that the Vindicaar is chock full of untainted High Elf characters — and how Void Elves get a glowy void form that looks just like Alleria's — make it pretty clear that Void Elves were originally supposed to be more High Elf-like. The whole void form thing is a particularly ridiculous artifact of what could have been (like, why even have a void form when it does almost nothing to change how a current Void Elf looks?).

Why, Blizzard? Everyone can tell what you did.
    10/25/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Mythlor
    It's pretty obvious their initial intent was for Alliance to get Broken Draenei and High Elves, and it was all scrapped to give Turalyon and Alleria an army of their own because god forbid they don't make sweeping lore switches without paying attention to the consequences of their decisions.

Void Elves aren't exactly an army. It's like 30 elves went on a magic school bus field trip with Umbric to the void and everything went horribly wrong.
    Blizzard had their chance of tying Void Elf lore to the Silver Covenant and they blew it.

But don't lose hope. Remember, at one point, the draenei were an an asspull race too.
    10/25/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Remela
    They are upset about being kicked out of blood elven society. They probably find it hypocritical that blood elves can practice any form of magic and try to sustain themselves off it, but void magic crosses the line?

That part is covered when Alleria went back to Silvermoon and her very presence attracted the void who tried to take the sunwell. Void Elves, by their very existence are a threat to the sunwell. Them taking Silvermoon would destroy it.
    10/25/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Duskwraith

Void Elves aren't exactly an army. It's like 30 elves went on a magic school bus field trip with Umbric to the void and everything went horribly wrong.

10/25/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Mythlor
    god forbid they don't make sweeping lore switches without paying attention to the consequences of their decisions.
    10/25/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Severitas
    Remember, at one point, the draenei were an an asspull race too.

Ahem, WERE?

You clowns are sitting on a McGuffin that could end this "Faction War" in an afternoon.
    None of the races have any substance. I mean you can run right through them.
    Blizzard had their chance of tying Void Elf lore to the Silver Covenant and they blew it.

But don't lose hope. Remember, at one point, the draenei were an an asspull race too.

Why would they? The way they set it up means they can some day make High Elves a new release to excite the playerbase to buy race changes.

Why do you think they're still putting High Elves everywhere? Gotta keep the carrot in place.
    All of this will changed we reclaim silvermoon and void forge it into our image.
    10/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Mythlor

Why would they? The way they set it up means they can some day make High Elves a new release to excite the playerbase to buy race changes.

Why do you think they're still putting High Elves everywhere? Gotta keep the carrot in place.

Oh, I totally agree; once we hit 40:60, or the subs drop low enough, they'll break 'em out like they did the Demon Hunters.
    Will the race whining ever end?

Its worse than than flying whining.
    Blizz gives you more races and you still whine.
    Shut the hell up.
    10/25/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Tovi
    All your backstory and heroes belong to butt elves atm.

10/25/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Tovi
    Again, butt elf history and heroes are yours.

What I got from this thread was that butt elves are a thing and now I want to race change to one. I hope the character creation allows us to select our preferred size of cheeks.
    10/25/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Tridiak
    Blizz gives you more races and you still whine.

Blizz has given us a collection of unwanted things they pulled out of nowhere rather than doing the right thing and filling those slots with extant flavor races from the lore.
    10/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Mythlor

You know, that may not be a bad idea on their part.

Though, I would think they could do like they did with the BElves and their golden eyes.

Void Elves, now around the High Elves, shed the void taint (or whatever it's called) on them and open up new skin options to look like the High Elves some players have been requesting.

Then lore wise it can just as easily still be VElves by name but look like players have requested.
    10/25/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Nelathleon
    Our faction leader doesn't even look like one of us.

Your faction leader is Umbric and he looks just like the rest of you.

Just like the lightforged faction leader isn't Turalyon, it's Fareeya
    The rep grind for void elves doesn't even make sense. I mean why do you need to grind some ugly space goat rep to unlock void elves? I'd much rather have the ugly space goats.
    For being a large group of the Blood Elves who were kicked out, why can't Void Elves use the same classes, is what I want to know. :p

Surely there had to be some Blood Elf Paladin's who sided with Umbric.
    10/25/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Kazrien
    10/25/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Tovi
    All your backstory and heroes belong to butt elves atm.

10/25/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Tovi
    Again, butt elf history and heroes are yours.

What I got from this thread was that butt elves are a thing and now I want to race change to one. I hope the character creation allows us to select our preferred size of cheeks.

>:D
    10/25/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Blasco
    You're Blizzard's attempt at answering the demand for high elves on Alliance
    I could care less if High Elves were playable, but it definitely would have made more sense to have them instead of Void Elves, imo. Alliance got trolled :O