[Suggestion] Guardian adjustments

Druid
Since it's generally agreed that the latest round of buffs on the PTR were a step in the right direction, though not quite enough to bring us up to where we need to be, I came up with a few ideas. (if this looks familiar to anyone, it's because I posted them in a Druid discussion on MMO-Champion yesterday)

1. Frenzied Regen should be off the GCD

This speaks for itself, but with it already being a rage-limited ability, there's really not a good reason to restrict its use with the GCD. I can't count the number of times I've gotten into a pinch and hit the button only to find that it didn't actually go off due to GCD and that's not a fun feeling.

2. Bring back the old Infected Wounds. (Maul and Mangle cause an Infected Wound in the Target. The Infected Wound reduces the movement speed of the target by 8% and the attack speed by 3%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 sec.)

Infected Wounds used to be a talent in the old combined Feral tree and I feel its return would help us both with the lack of a slow/snare in M+ as well as providing some additional utility in the form of mitigation for both us and our co-tank. While having the snare on Thrash the way we did in Legion would obviously be more ideal, this passive ability would force us to tab Mangle/Maul to apply the slow in packs which seems to fall more in line with the goal Blizz has for tanking this expansion.

3. Give back Berserk (the original version with the fear break)

Druids are noticeably the only tank without an offensive cooldown this expansion. Berserk was our first, and originally had the added bonus of breaking fear. While Rage of the Sleeper in Legion was an excellent offensive and defensive cd, it seems the intent in BfA has been to reduce the number of defensives we have so this would allow them to maintain that philosophy while still giving us a much needed offensive cd.
How would bears feel about bringing back Leader of the Pack. I know feral is getting at as a PvP talent I feel that making it a baseline Feral and Guardian ability will be a nice buff and make both specs more desirable to bring along in difficult content.
10/28/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Fenrirulv
Since it's generally agreed that the latest round of buffs on the PTR were a step in the right direction, though not quite enough to bring us up to where we need to be, I came up with a few ideas. (if this looks familiar to anyone, it's because I posted them in a Druid discussion on MMO-Champion yesterday)

1. Frenzied Regen should be off the GCD

This speaks for itself, but with it already being a rage-limited ability, there's really not a good reason to restrict its use with the GCD. I can't count the number of times I've gotten into a pinch and hit the button only to find that it didn't actually go off due to GCD and that's not a fun feeling.

2. Bring back the old Infected Wounds. (Maul and Mangle cause an Infected Wound in the Target. The Infected Wound reduces the movement speed of the target by 8% and the attack speed by 3%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 sec.)

Infected Wounds used to be a talent in the old combined Feral tree and I feel its return would help us both with the lack of a slow/snare in M+ as well as providing some additional utility in the form of mitigation for both us and our co-tank. While having the snare on Thrash the way we did in Legion would obviously be more ideal, this passive ability would force us to tab Mangle/Maul to apply the slow in packs which seems to fall more in line with the goal Blizz has for tanking this expansion.

3. Give back Berserk (the original version with the fear break)

Druids are noticeably the only tank without an offensive cooldown this expansion. Berserk was our first, and originally had the added bonus of breaking fear. While Rage of the Sleeper in Legion was an excellent offensive and defensive cd, it seems the intent in BfA has been to reduce the number of defensives we have so this would allow them to maintain that philosophy while still giving us a much needed offensive cd.

Love these ideas.

I'd like all three rage cost abilities off the gcd. (Or on their own rage only gcd)

And yeah it is weird that we dont have an offensive CD.

LotP would be nice too.
At this point I'd be happy seeing Frenzied Regen off the GCD. At Blizzcon it was mentioned that some utility spells would be coming off the GCD, would be nice if this could be added to the list.